AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 04-25-2022, 04:58 PM
Aspiring Audiophile

Good luck with what you choose-

The DAWs are amazing at bass!

You can always integrate subs though too.
Main > Aurender N10/N100 / Antipodes K50 > Aries Cerat Kassandra mk2 - Playback Designs Dream DAC > D'agostino Momentum HD > PS Audio P10 > D'Agostino S250 > Sonus Faber Aida / REL S812 Six Pack + 4 JL Audio F113 Fathoms > B&W Signature HTM > Anthem Statement D2v > Mcintosh MC205 > Focal 1000 (side surrounds) > Bryston TIW (rear surrounds)

Secondary System > Aurender N100h> AMR777SE > D'agostino Momentum Integrated > Wilson Sasha DAW
Old 04-25-2022, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno2009 View Post
… yeah - but I find the detail the least important, musicality, tonal balance, no harshness, rhythm and slam in the lower and upper bass, dynamics and imaging… that's what's important if you ask me… I can easily do with less detail, especially when the tweeter is too dominant… its the other things I ˋm looking for… all of which I find in both, the Yvette and the DAW…
Steely Dan sounds great with my setup! Good luck with whichever you choose.

Happy listening.

Bob
__________________________________________________ _____________
Sources: Clearaudio Jubilee MC/Clearaudio Innovation Wood TT w/Universal Arm 9” and Professional Power 24V; MCT500 CD/SACD transport; OPPO 205; NAD C446 Internet Tuner; Nakamichi 670ZX cassette deck. Electronics: MacIntosh C2700 preamp w/DA2 and MC462 power amp. Speakers: Wilson Yvettes with Acoustic Diodes Headphones: MacIntosh MHP 1000 Interconnects: Transparent SBL2 XLR GEN 6 balanced and SSC8 GEN 6 speaker cables; MCT - MCT500 -> C2700.Power cords: Transparent (on preamp, power amp and transport). Surge protected. Record and CD maintenance : Clearaudio Double Matrix Professional Sonic RCM; L’Art du Son CD treatment.
Old 04-25-2022, 06:12 PM

Daw is stellar better than Yvette. Concerning musicality, no worries, it’s their greatest quality…
Old 04-26-2022, 09:21 AM
Aspiring Audiophile

If you wanted to compromise, look at an older pair of Sashas over the Yvette IMHO, otherwise it’s DAW or bust!
Main > Aurender N10/N100 / Antipodes K50 > Aries Cerat Kassandra mk2 - Playback Designs Dream DAC > D'agostino Momentum HD > PS Audio P10 > D'Agostino S250 > Sonus Faber Aida / REL S812 Six Pack + 4 JL Audio F113 Fathoms > B&W Signature HTM > Anthem Statement D2v > Mcintosh MC205 > Focal 1000 (side surrounds) > Bryston TIW (rear surrounds)

Secondary System > Aurender N100h> AMR777SE > D'agostino Momentum Integrated > Wilson Sasha DAW
Old 04-26-2022, 09:54 PM

I heartily recommend the DAWs. There is not one single thing that the Yvettes do better.
With DAW you will get better depth and width of soundstage, more transparency (but not sterility), much better bass and greater cohesion. If you cannot listen side by side you will not truly know the difference because they both have the Wilson "house sound"--and they both sound great. If you buy the Yvettes and listen for a long time and then listen to the DAWs---you will sell the Yvettes and trade up. If you can afford it, go DAW now. This is in no way disparaging the Yvettes. In fact, the entire Wilson line is designed so there is a money's worth trade up on every level that I find is worth the cost--it is never a mere 10 percent improvement. I'd go with the highest level you can afford, space and taste permitting.
I've had 4 Wilson models in the past--each a trade up--each well worth the additional cost. The only 2 things that hold me back from the next model up is space and $
Wilson Alexia V, ARC Ref 160M MkII,Ref 40,Ref Phono2SE, Shunyata Triton3, Typhon, Sigma PCs, ICs & SCs, Spectral SDR4000SV (w MIT IC), Belcanto PL1, Oppo 205, Marantz 2270 (tuner only):AudioDesk and VPI record cleaners, Furutech Demag & Destat; Stillpoint Apertures, TechDas AF 3S Premium with SAT CF9 and Kuzma 4pt 9" arms, Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Dynavector XV1-t stereo and XV1-s mono carts, Miyajima mono, Shure V15VxMR,

Last edited by jpgr4blu; 04-26-2022 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-27-2022, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgr4blu View Post
I heartily recommend the DAWs. There is not one single thing that the Yvettes do better.
With DAW you will get better depth and width of soundstage, more transparency (but not sterility), much better bass and greater cohesion. If you cannot listen side by side you will not truly know the difference because they both have the Wilson "house sound"--and they both sound great. If you buy the Yvettes and listen for a long time and then listen to the DAWs---you will sell the Yvettes and trade up. If you can afford it, go DAW now. This is in no way disparaging the Yvettes. In fact, the entire Wilson line is designed so there is a money's worth trade up on every level that I find is worth the cost--it is never a mere 10 percent improvement. I'd go with the highest level you can afford, space and taste permitting.
I've had 4 Wilson models in the past--each a trade up--each well worth the additional cost. The only 2 things that hold me back from the next model up is space and $
A very compelling case you've made!
What's holding me back from buying the DAW (and not a lower model in the lineup) is the potential DAW upgrade (DAW V?) as the DAW was introduced in Fall 2018. I would be very unhappy if I bought the current version and next year the new one was introduced. Short of guidance from the company I'm leaning to a model below DAW.
Old 04-27-2022, 09:41 PM

Understood.
Wilson Alexia V, ARC Ref 160M MkII,Ref 40,Ref Phono2SE, Shunyata Triton3, Typhon, Sigma PCs, ICs & SCs, Spectral SDR4000SV (w MIT IC), Belcanto PL1, Oppo 205, Marantz 2270 (tuner only):AudioDesk and VPI record cleaners, Furutech Demag & Destat; Stillpoint Apertures, TechDas AF 3S Premium with SAT CF9 and Kuzma 4pt 9" arms, Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Dynavector XV1-t stereo and XV1-s mono carts, Miyajima mono, Shure V15VxMR,
Old 04-27-2022, 11:04 PM
Aspiring Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanson View Post
A very compelling case you've made!

What's holding me back from buying the DAW (and not a lower model in the lineup) is the potential DAW upgrade (DAW V?) as the DAW was introduced in Fall 2018. I would be very unhappy if I bought the current version and next year the new one was introduced. Short of guidance from the company I'm leaning to a model below DAW.

If you are afraid of future upgrades, then why not seek out a used pair of Sashas?

Old 04-28-2022, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
If you are afraid of future upgrades, then why not seek out a used pair of Sashas?
Fair question. It's because I would like to own the current, "best" version. But from a value proposition a Sasha may be a good way to go initially. Then take a smaller loss on moving up to whatever/whenever the new DAW appears. thanks!
Old 04-28-2022, 12:12 PM

… went with the Sasha DAW… there‘ll always be a newer model someday… but I think the DAW will give peace for a very very long time… thanks for all the thoughts/comments…