AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Power Conditioners

Power Conditioners Voltage regulation to AC Regeneration

Old 12-04-2021, 07:51 AM

Default anyone try Alan Maher or PPT products

Has anyone tried Alan Maher QPI (Quantum Plug Ins) or CBF (Circuit Breaker Filters) in their system? Also has anyone tried PPT Omega E-Mats? The Omega E-Mats are suppose to work very well on the circuit breaker panel and underneath components. The plan is to use the QPIs around the house in various plugs to reduce noise traveling the ac line before it gets to my system. I cant install a dedicated line just for my home theater setup so must resort to reducing noise around the house etc. I know a few places to start would be one plug on the refrigerator outlet, one near wifi extender and computer outlets. Last area for the QPI would be the outlet right before my power conditioner outlet that has most of my gear plugged into it and then possibly add one to the outlet that the tv and cable box are connected to (lets call this tv outlet 3, which is 6ft away from outlet 2 with power conditioner).

One Omega E-Mat would go into the circuit breaker panel and the other underneath the Audioquest 1200 Power Conditioner. Eventually the Aq 1200 will get upgraded to a UberBUSS with all Furutech GTX D outlets on it and a 50k voltage whole house surge protector added at the breaker panel since the UberBUSS has no surge protection on it. Possibly also an Environmental Potentials EP-2750 Ground filter added to the circuit breaker. the 2750 description is Removes high frequency resonance in the grounding system, Allow for greater leverage of ground system to dissipate events, Add filtering to prevent ground loops, Reduce feedback to sensitive electronics and
instrumentation from ground, Reduce the chance of equipment damage caused by flashover and near-strike lightning.

My setup currently has a Furutech NCF Power Optimizer in one of the empty outlets on the AQ 1200 Power Conditioner. The wall outlet is a Furutech GTX D with carbon fiber cover. Only 3 pieces of gear are plugged into the AQ and its a modded Oppo 203 upgrade power supply, upgraded both chips etc, Marantz SR7007 A/V Receiver mainly used as a preamp with an Outlaw 7500 Amp powering the front and center speakers. Oppo 203 and Marantz have Acoustic Zen Gargantua II Power Cords on them while the Outlaw Amp has a Shunyata NR v2 Alpha PC. The power cord on the AQ power conditioner is the AQ Tornado. Computer upstairs is a gaming pc. Top outlet has the surge protector with the pc, plus the cable modem and wifi all on the same power strip. A shunyata venom nr 12 power cord is on the gaming pc. It did reduce the noise by half on the power strip after I swapped out the stock power cord. The bottom socket of the gaming pc outlet has a MitZ 6 stage filter to help reduce the noise from the pc traveling elsewhere.
Since my Oppo 203 is digital gear and my Marantz and Power Amp are considered analog I believe the Oppo is causing alot of noise or crosstalk on the AQ 1200. There is no way to move it to another outlet. Top socket for outlet 2 (that has power conditioner and gear on it) has a High Fidelity Cables MC 0.5 Helix Signature on it.
Random tests im thinking of doing to see if im right about Oppo 203 causing more noise would be to unplug it from AQ conditioner and read the line noise. Plug it into the top socket of wall outlet 2 (where MC 0.5 is currently plugged in at). Replace AZ power cord on oppo 203 with Venom NR 12 and last hook up my previously used MitZ power conditioner which isolates the digital equipment from the analog. Im also surprised my Shunyata v2 NR Alpha power cord made almost no difference in sound compared to my old Kimber Kable Ascent PK14 power cord on my Outlaw 7500 Amp.
Old 02-10-2024, 09:35 PM

I have 4 of Alan’s QPIs in my system and many of the DED’s throughout the home, just to name a few.
Old 02-13-2024, 09:50 AM

After I put Shunyata Sigma V2 power cords on my amplifiers, preamplifier, and CD player, I removed the Quantum pieces. I am still impressed with the sound of the Shunyatas, while the Quantums were superfluous.
2 channel system: Parasound JC 1+ Mono Amplifiers; Luxman C900u preamp; Acoustech PH-1P phono preamp; VPI Classic, Ortofon A90; Esoteric K-03 & Vacuum State GMBH modified Sony ES5400 SACD/CD; REVEL Ultima Salon 2; Shunyata EVEREST, Shunyata Sigma V2 XC, Shunyata Sigma & Alpha, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse Series 7 IC's,Phono Cables are Tellurium Q Silver Diamond, Audience, Lessloss, Acrolink, Teresonic Silver EXP, Tellurium Q Silver Diamond speaker cables; HyperSpike HS-5 rack;Stillpoints Ultra 5 V2 under amps & preamp