AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > CD Players, Digital Music & Servers

CD Players, Digital Music & Servers Aurender, dCs, Esoteric, Lumin.

Old 07-03-2020, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iefbo View Post
If that is true, I'll have to start looking at Bryston!!
and Timex.
Old 07-03-2020, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill View Post
and Timex.
No, no, no, ... Tag Heuer!!!
Old 07-05-2020, 12:50 PM

I have the M50.2 and love it for its very musical presentation till this day, purchase the 1st unit once it was launched.

It. Is unquestionable the best if online streaming is what you use most as the music services are way more comprehensive than the Aurender and DCS.

To better it, Aurender N10 gave a rather technical presentation and lacks the musicality of the NAD. To better it, it has to be the W20 witha good external clock.

When my W20 was down for 2 months recently, goimg back to the M50. 2 was truely enjoyable that i literally did not miss my W20.

If you compare head on, the W20 it superior.

Have not heard the DCS, but i would guess it would present a more technical hifi presentation and if set up well would perform at a higher level.

The M50. 2 is a piece that you can just implement inbyour system and sounds just so musical.

If you are the type who always wants to find something better, then you may want to look higher up the food chain, the Innous units too are nice, i am sure.
Old 07-05-2020, 03:45 PM

Justubes, thank you for your contribution. This is extremely helpfull.

It says a lot if it can stand comparisons with the N10 and even the W20.

I do wonder if I would have the M50.2 (or the dcs for that matter) if it would stop me going for the CD, but I know only I can answer that.
Old 07-07-2020, 06:23 AM

NAD Master series makes great digital products for the money but DCS is on another level and in completely different league.

Naim Uniti Nova is an outstanding all-in-one solution. It is a streamer/DAC/integrated amp all in one chassis. It's on the expensive side at $7500 retail.
It is highly musical sounding unit. Highly recommended! I have one in my bedroom setup paired with the Sonus Faber Olympica I standmount speakers.
I'm a big fan of Naim Audio and also have the Naim Statement NAC S1 linestage analog preamp + Naim Statement NAP S1 monoblock amps driving the Magico M6 speakers in my main reference setup / system.
Old 07-07-2020, 12:44 PM

It is the same for many, i started with a Sonos, then a Node, added a W4S reclocker and better cables, that was when i felt i could possibly replace cd's.

In the last 7 years since i started streaming, i have purchased some 10 cds, compared them whilst setting up a nice network - full linear sypplies, multiple switches, fibre etc.. I have not bought any cd's after.

Of the 10, 5 were bought because i discoved them from streaming and liked them alot and wanted the best sonics for those few.

There was still some differences, not of quality but presentation.

They were played less than 5 times each.

Do a search on the networking craze, just almost everyone is coming up with audio enhanced switches so forth. It does make a huge difference and improvement to streaming and many have found satisfaction to make it their main source.

Ps. The networking will make much more of a difference than the streamers or dacs imo.
Old 07-07-2020, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justubes View Post
It is the same for many, i started with a Sonos, then a Node, added a W4S reclocker and better cables, that was when i felt i could possibly replace cd's.

In the last 7 years since i started streaming, i have purchased some 10 cds, compared them whilst setting up a nice network - full linear sypplies, multiple switches, fibre etc.. I have not bought any cd's after.

Of the 10, 5 were bought because i discoved them from streaming and liked them alot and wanted the best sonics for those few.

There was still some differences, not of quality but presentation.

They were played less than 5 times each.

Do a search on the networking craze, just almost everyone is coming up with audio enhanced switches so forth. It does make a huge difference and improvement to streaming and many have found satisfaction to make it their main source.

Ps. The networking will make much more of a difference than the streamers or dacs imo.
Couldn't agree more, indeed networking is very crucial when streaming but the quality of the streamer & DAC are very important and how and the way everything is set up.
Old 10-24-2020, 05:44 AM

Tidal connect now available for BluOS ...
Pfew this Nad is getting more and more temtping!
Old 12-12-2020, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post
Wait to decide until the M33 is out.
Few months later ... how would you rate the m33 vs the m50.2 + mcintosh mcd500 and ma7000 ?