AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Travel & Leisure

Travel & Leisure AA around the World

Old 06-16-2021, 11:57 PM

I’m doing a Vegas guys weekend in August. I know it’s not anything extravagant but my buddies and I typically do a trip every year to a different location so we’re all excited to get together again. Last year we all got together via happy hour zoom calls which was actually kind of fun.
Old 06-17-2021, 12:05 PM

Our only trip this year has been Big Bend NP in April.
Planning maybe Namibia - Africa next year.

Old 06-17-2021, 01:13 PM

We managed to get to Hawaii (Big Island) for a couple of weeks in February and it was excellent, and felt very safe. We’re doing a few days at a spa in eastern Washington in a couple of weeks and then Hawaii again (Kauai) in October. I won’t even think about Europe until next year.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 06-27-2021, 12:59 PM

Thinking back on our trip to Peru 21 years ago!

Nanc and I did the 4 day hike from outside Cusco along the Inca Trail to Machu Pichu. We both carried full packs (plus my huge camera bag) the entire way.
Not sure I could do that today with full packs.
The last night, we left our campsite at 2:00am and hike with headlamps through the jungle just in time to arrive at Machu Pichu at dawn's light!

One of our most memorable trips!

Old 06-27-2021, 01:50 PM

That’s a great trip. I did a similar trip, a bit longer, visiting Choquequirao, the sister site to Machu Pichu and other archeological sites on the trail to Aguas Calientes and Machu Pichu. Our trip was donkey-supported though, hiking with just day packs. Great fun. Now I try to
limit pack weight to 35 Lbs.
Proac Response 1sc Rears,
Three MC2301's for L,C,R
MC 602 for the rears
C 1100, MX 151, MCD 1100, MR 80
Nottingham Dais with Wave Mechanic
Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation

SurfacePro 3, RPi 4, ROON, WW Starlight Platinum USB, Schiit Yggdrasil, Benchmark DAC3 HGC

MX 151, OppO BDP-95, JVC RS-500 DILA projector, 106" diagonal Stewart Luxus Screenwall Deluxe with Studiotek 130 G3 material.

Lake House:
Ohm F, MC 275V, C2300, MR 77, Rega P3

OnDeck:
McIntosh MAC 4300v
Old 11-18-2021, 11:12 AM
Retired

Another interesting site to visit in Peru is Pachacamac, which is pre-Incan (started around 200 A.D.) and only about 25 miles south of Lima. It is so large that is only partially excavated at this time. If memory serves, they told us when we visited in 2017 that it would be another 50 years before the site had been fully uncovered.

We finally got in another trip. This time to Quebec City. Canada was only fully opened on 25 October, so several restaurants were in the process of reopening. However, the Chateau Frontenac (our room was just above the right-most globe on the lamp-post) seemed to be doing well and both the Parmesan (decent food & an entertaining place to eat) & Paillard (excellent French pastries & coffee) were going strong. I recommend Paillard's Oranais Aux Abricot & millefeuille. The funicular was running, which was good for our 74yr-old knees as it is many steps down (and then back up, of course) to that part of Vieux Quebec.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg ChateauFrontenac.jpeg (266.8 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpeg Paillard.jpeg (278.2 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpeg Funicular.jpeg (301.8 KB, 107 views)
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 02-14-2022, 12:01 AM
Retired

Spent a couple of weeks in GA, time split between Savannah & Jekyll Island, both of which we enjoyed. Savannah for the waterfront area & food and Jekyll Island for the relaxing near solitude.
Just confirmed our trip to Spain (A Coruna, Bilbao & San Sebastian) & France (Biarritz, Bordeaux & Paris) this spring. We are feeling optimistic about actually getting to go this time (covid). Will see in a few weeks.
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 02-14-2022, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRO View Post
Thinking back on our trip to Peru 21 years ago!

Nanc and I did the 4 day hike from outside Cusco along the Inca Trail to Machu Pichu. We both carried full packs (plus my huge camera bag) the entire way.
Not sure I could do that today with full packs.
The last night, we left our campsite at 2:00am and hike with headlamps through the jungle just in time to arrive at Machu Pichu at dawn's light!

One of our most memorable trips!

Wonderful pictures! I was just there myself. Keep the pictures coming. You will love Namibia, and I can't wait to see those pictures.

Home Main System:
Magnepan 20.7, Pass Labs XA 100.5, Audio Research Reference 6, Esoteric P-03, D-03, G0-Rb, DV-60, Clearaudio Innovation & Tangent arm, VPI HW19 MK4 & ET 2.5 arm, Mark Levinson 37, Aesthetix Rhea Signature, Magnum Dynalab Etude, Kiseki PHS, Sumiko Palos Santos Presentation,Wireworld, Crystal Absolute Dream, Shunyata, Acoustic Zen, and Stealth cables

Other
Avalon Arcus, Snell Type AIII, Tympani IV, Green Mountain Europa, Martin Logan CLS, Tympani 1D, Counterpoint, GAS, Yamaha, Levinson, Perreaux, Proceed, Theta, Linn, and other collectibles, including 60 different headphones and 30+ headphone amps, over 60 cartridges, and too many cables, stands, and tweaks to list.
Old 02-14-2022, 10:59 AM
Racing Hoopties

Default Time to travel again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Spent a couple of weeks in GA, time split between Savannah & Jekyll Island, both of which we enjoyed. Savannah for the waterfront area & food and Jekyll Island for the relaxing near solitude.
Just confirmed our trip to Spain (A Coruna, Bilbao & San Sebastian) & France (Biarritz, Bordeaux & Paris) this spring. We are feeling optimistic about actually getting to go this time (covid). Will see in a few weeks.

Glenn, Did you enjoy the lobby of the new JW Marriott? Did you get to the Prohibition Museum? You were 25 mins from us. Craig
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack
Old 02-14-2022, 11:48 AM
Retired

Craig - yes, to the Marriott, but not the museum. They've done a great job with the old power plant, as the 'city' (mix of public & private funds) has done with the entire river front area and 'market district'. We used to stay in a B&B next to Forsyth Park (think "Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil"). Thankfully, they were booked and we found the waterfront district much more enjoyable.

Did not realize you are so close. Thought you were up next to Beaufort. We are definitely planning a longer-term visit next year to both Savannah & Jekyll Island. We enjoyed much more than the 'crush' that is Naples & Marco Island this time of year.