AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 04-28-2022, 01:31 PM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanson View Post
A very compelling case you've made!
What's holding me back from buying the DAW (and not a lower model in the lineup) is the potential DAW upgrade (DAW V?) as the DAW was introduced in Fall 2018. I would be very unhappy if I bought the current version and next year the new one was introduced. Short of guidance from the company I'm leaning to a model below DAW.
Before 2020, Wilson was becoming very predictable in the order/ spacing of new releases. The added new product categories, our incredible growth, and to a much lesser degree, supply chain issues since then have changed that.

What I can say is that you will continue to see new products from Wilson Audio at a regular pace. They just may not be what, when, or in the order expected based on past models.
Old 04-28-2022, 01:45 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphacts View Post
Before 2020, Wilson was becoming very predictable in the order/ spacing of new releases. The added new product categories, our incredible growth, and to a much lesser degree, supply chain issues since then have changed that.

What I can say is that you will continue to see new products from Wilson Audio at a regular pace. They just may not be what, when, or in the order expected based on past models.
Metaphacts - thank you for that perspective. My narrowed-down list is to either the SabrinaX or AlexiaX. I realize they are at very different product line points and vary in relative sound quality delivery and are at very different price points. I'm working on it !
Old 04-29-2022, 03:51 PM

… say - how are the DAWs in the bass in your own listening rooms?
Old 04-29-2022, 05:19 PM

Congrats on the DAW. Fabulous speaker. You should be quite happy with them for years to come.
McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Oasis 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest Columbia 72 DBS IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)
Old 04-30-2022, 02:37 AM

Default Yvette or Sasha DAW for midsized room and rock music

… thanks - I think so too… really looking forward to having them in my own 4 walls… [emoji4]

Last edited by bruno2009; 04-30-2022 at 02:47 AM.
Old 04-30-2022, 10:30 AM
Aspiring Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno2009 View Post
… say - how are the DAWs in the bass in your own listening rooms?

Amazing!

I keep being surprised at how good the bass is.
Main > Aurender N10/N100 / Antipodes K50 > Aries Cerat Kassandra mk2 - Playback Designs Dream DAC > D'agostino Momentum HD > PS Audio P10 > D'Agostino S250 > Sonus Faber Aida / REL S812 Six Pack + 4 JL Audio F113 Fathoms > B&W Signature HTM > Anthem Statement D2v > Mcintosh MC205 > Focal 1000 (side surrounds) > Bryston TIW (rear surrounds)

Secondary System > Aurender N100h> AMR777SE > D'agostino Momentum Integrated > Wilson Sasha DAW
Old 04-30-2022, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphacts View Post

Hanson, the other thing Bill did not mention is the significant difference in the price of the improved DAW, when and if there is one, which I think if you read between the lines of what he is saying, may be a long time off.

Take the Alexx V vs. the Alexx. Yes, it is a significantly better speaker but at a significantly higher price. If you put the new tweeter in the DAW, the new DAW would not outperform the original Alexia in overall sonics. Yes, it might be marginally better in some areas.

In sum, your concern about the new DAW is somewhat of a straw man concern, IMO and Wilson could certainly increase current prices of all models. We are going through inflation at unprecedented levels.

I personally would buy the DAW. It has Dave Wilson's name on it. It may be a long time for an upgrade and then at a very significant increase in price.

Best

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 04-30-2022 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-30-2022, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno2009 View Post
… went with the Sasha DAW… there‘ll always be a newer model someday… but I think the DAW will give peace for a very very long time… thanks for all the thoughts/comments…
bruno2009, absolute congrats! You made the right choice. Based on your musical taste slam, dynamic capability, and smoothness are most desirable traits. The DAW has its roots in the WATT.

Best

Charles
Old 04-30-2022, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
bruno2009, absolute congrats! You made the right choice. Based on your musical taste slam, dynamic capability, and smoothness are most desirable traits. The DAW has its roots in the WATT.

Best

Charles

Yepp - those are the characteristics I‘m looking for and I‘m sure I‘ll be happy with the DAW… moving in soon… really happy [emoji4]
Old 04-30-2022, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
Amazing!

I keep being surprised at how good the bass is.

Fantastic… I’m actually a little excited [emoji4]