AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 03-04-2022, 03:39 AM

Default Venom-X

It looks like there’s a new series of cables from Shunyata: Venom X. Heck of a nice lineup:

https://shunyata.com/download/22221/

The former Venom series is still listed and it looks like it’ll be sticking around. That probably explains why these weren’t simply called Venom v2. I wonder if there will eventually be a Venom-X power cord as there’s a pretty big gap between the Venom V10 and the Delta v2.
Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri power cords, QSA Lanedri Revelation XLR interconnect, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256
Old 03-04-2022, 03:10 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb123 View Post
It looks like there’s a new series of cables from Shunyata: Venom X. Heck of a nice lineup:

https://shunyata.com/download/22221/
Yep, nice to hear this line has been launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb123 View Post
The former Venom series is still listed and it looks like it’ll be sticking around. That probably explains why these weren’t simply called Venom v2. I wonder if there will eventually be a Venom-X power cord as there’s a pretty big gap between the Venom V10 and the Delta v2.
Seems like a reasonable hypothesis to me.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 03-23-2022, 05:43 PM

Default Very Interesting

I have been so incredibly impressed with the last several Shunyata releases. This makes me wonder if there would be an improvement moving from my current Cobra XLR's from 6 years back to the VenomX, or even the Delta.

Any thoughts or comparisons that anyone has done?

Ryan
Old 04-02-2022, 04:00 PM

Im going to be comparing delta v2 to venom x power,IC , SC. i just got a slightly used sigma v2 usb for a great price locally and am blown away.
Old 04-08-2022, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich4284 View Post
Im going to be comparing delta v2 to venom x power,IC , SC. i just got a slightly used sigma v2 usb for a great price locally and am blown away.

[emoji2]
Old 04-22-2022, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich4284 View Post
Any update?

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
Music Server: Aurender N100H
Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.
Old 05-01-2022, 02:41 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjryan View Post
I have been so incredibly impressed with the last several Shunyata releases. This makes me wonder if there would be an improvement moving from my current Cobra XLR's from 6 years back to the VenomX, or even the Delta.
RTFL. OMG, you have NO idea. The performance of these new Venom-X cables is...insane. I purchased the current-spec Alpha V2 ICs and speaker cables (SPs) in 2021, and recently got the new RCA and XLR Venom-X interconects in for use with the wonderful Constellation Inspiration Integrated, and they are fully on-par with the Alpha V2s, just...different.

Also, the locking RCA and XLR connectors on these cables are really well-made, lock really tightly to their respective connectors, and...are beautiful, as well.

I also own and use the Alpha V2 SPs, and they're really wonderful, especially now that they incoporate the HARP technology that was once only on the Sigma SPs...

But...looks what's in the system at present...Venom-X speaker cables. Using these with my GR-Research X-LS Encores; they're amazing, too. The audio quality and performance you get from these cables, especially at their very reasonable price points, is just off-the-charts. thumbsup:

Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 05-01-2022 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-05-2022, 08:30 AM

Caelin Gabriel just recently recommended the Venom X power cord as an option for me on a piece of my gear. If they are not listed on the website yet they are coming very soon.
Old 05-12-2022, 11:28 PM

I just received a Venom X Ethernet cable for my wall to switch interface. It's a really nicely made cable.