AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Magico

Magico Extreme Fidelity

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2021, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardbird View Post
Try Spectral. Magico/Spectral systems have won best-of-show awards, at shows where much of the equipment mentioned in this thread was also shown. I understand that when we argue for what we already own, as I am doing here, it is assumed to be an act of vanity, and that those who do so are unable to be truly objective. But I auditioned numerous systems and found great synergy with my Spectral/Magico combo. Since Magico speakers are designed to be tonally neutral and very revealing, they will reflect what is fed them with more accuracy than many other speaker designs. Spectral is very accurate, very neutral, highly dynamic AND, when partnered with hi-end source components, very musical. Because of Spectral's high bandwidth, quality cabling is essential. For Spectral systems, the best component synergy in cabling is MIT. The top MIT cabling is generally accepted as some of the best in the world. Both Spectral and Magico have the ability to exploit the capabilities of the better MIT designs. Spectral electronics are, relatively speaking, a bargain in the high-end world. However, there is nothing cheap about MIT - especially the better designs! I would guess that some of the bad rap Spectral gets is due to people assembling systems with poor synergy - or trying to economize on their cabling - and not liking their results! So, things have a way of evening-out... There is no free lunch. What money is saved on the electronics by purchasing Spectral over, say, Constellation or Soulution, is probably spent on better MIT cabling anyway. Great sound will cost you, one way or another. In all modesty I say, what I have in my home is GREAT sound, and I am listening to Magico/Spectral/MIT/Esoteric!! Ted.
Hi Ted,
Were you able to compare it with Gryphon Mephisto?
I'm in a similar situation where I have the Spectral 500 ARs and thinking of Mephisto to improve on resolution and musicality.
Thoughts by other members also appreciated.
Thanks,
TJ