AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Chinese High-End Audio

Chinese High-End Audio Doge, Eastern Electric, Jungson, Psvane, Yulong

Old 03-07-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev313 View Post

Here is another showing the A23 bass module.
This looks great.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardave View Post
I know this is a Shindo forum, but I thought some folks might be interested in the Line Magnetic products, since they are imported by the same people and carried at many of the same dealers. The new Gold series is out, and it looks simply stunning, and sounds really good. It is a bit more expensive than the silver series, but much less than classic. The amps have a pre-in function which I am using with great success with my Aurieges, but the integrated function sounds really good also. I originally bought the KT120 version, which arrived with a couple of damaged tubes. (My UPS driver is NOT a music lover) The importer graciously allowed my to take the opportunity to trade it for the 845 SET version. FYI...
If this should be in a different forum, moderator, please feel free, I understand.

Hi Dave,

That's an absolutely beautiful amp you've there. Thanks for sharing.
I for one have been following then for the last 2 years, and read between the lines - if Johnathan told enough of them to bring them in....., they've to be magical.

Some, see/view them as the poor man's Shindo - and from what I've heard - that's good enough for me.

Enjoy her - she's a looker.
O_o scar
Old 03-09-2013, 06:20 PM

Thought both these sounded great (please excuse dodgy iphone photography) above is the Gold Series 845 integrated and below is the new Line Magnetic DAC.

The LM Dac reminded me quite a bit of the Lampizator level 4 which was also in the rack... at half the price it was making some pretty marvellous music. As the LMs were not long in it is difficult to say much more than that... would definitely put it on a digital audition list if you love the glow of valves. If I hadn't just got in a new DAC recently I'd have been quite keen myself.

But the amp was the real winner of the two... won me over straight away and I personally much preferred it to the 300B integrated by Line Magnetic but that's just a valve preference... either way its purely extraordinary value in valves.

Initially listened to it straight as an integrated and you could hear the deep space the 845 SET created and that musical immediacy it has... then later using it with a Shindo up front and the Shindo pre just turns it into a much livelier and more beguiling proposition again and makes this quite a magical combo.... wish they did a straight stereo version of the 845 amp. Very stylish looks in real life as well... very cool looking bit of gear. Not too retro and nice warm looking mix of metals and the gloss white valve covers.

Listened to both the Devore 0/93 and 0/96 with the Line Magnetics... despite some slight hesitation I have on the balance each time I hear the 0/96 it is such a great speaker in most every other way that while the 93's are great value the bigger brother is just the perfect match for the Line Magnetic electronics... just throw in a Shindo pre and press play.

The thing that amazes me is this gear is less dollars than my first valve gear that I bought back in the 80's and it is so musical. Great time for valves atm.

G
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (87.7 KB, 456 views)
Old 03-09-2013, 11:46 PM

I now have about 100 hrs. on the amp and it has opened up nicely. Initially I felt it was better as an integrated, but now as it is breaking in I feel it is at LEAST as good as just a power amp using the pre-in function. I have now upgraded the input tubes with great results. I continue to be totally impressed in every way, but particularly with the Aurieges driving it.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:42 PM

The white and gold LM Audio look outstanding, really different. I love my 216IA and it drives some Vandersteen 2CE Sig II speakers beautifully.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:55 PM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Kt77... Welcome!
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 03-11-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyopwak View Post
The white and gold LM Audio look outstanding, really different. I love my 216IA and it drives some Vandersteen 2CE Sig II speakers beautifully.
They are great little amps. I'm surprised that the 216IA drives the 86db Vandersteens. Do you run it in the triode or ultra-linear mode?
Old 03-11-2013, 09:25 PM

Yes I run them in triode mode. But I had auditioned them at my dealers home first and they sounded terrific on the music I play. Which is jazz and blues and instrumental. Upright bass was tight and full and went low. I changed to Gold Lion KT88 power tubes and sylvania NOS tubes upfront. Vocals were heavenly. But as an ace in the hole, I also have a Parasound A21 that I can swap in. If I feel the Parasound sounds head over heels better, I will find some speakers easier to drive.

I tend to buy more speakers than the wife likes.....he he
Old 03-11-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyopwak View Post
Yes I run them in triode mode. But I had auditioned them at my dealers home first and they sounded terrific on the music I play. Which is jazz and blues and instrumental. Upright bass was tight and full and went low. I changed to Gold Lion KT88 power tubes and sylvania NOS tubes upfront. Vocals were heavenly. But as an ace in the hole, I also have a Parasound A21 that I can swap in. If I feel the Parasound sounds head over heels better, I will find some speakers easier to drive.

I tend to buy more speakers than the wife likes.....he he
It really is amazing how loud 20 some odd watts can go. For that type of music I bet it does sound fantastic, especially with the GL KT88's.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:52 PM

BTW Line Magnetic Audio is kinda flying under the radar, but it's changing slowly. I think some Chinese audio companies have not been taken that seriously. My dealer was astounded by the sound of the LM Audio line, and the large SET amp just blew him away driving the Devore Orangutan speakers. He does not carry slouch audio gear. He carries Shindo, ARC, Sonus Faber, Leben and others. For the money he was so impressed by the LM Audio line, he decided to carry them.

It's not crazy I think to imagine China to become a big audio player in the future, if the govt allows it. Some of the stuff coming out is very good. The LM Audio gear is largely designed after the old Western Electric Company of the USA.

Have you seen some of the LM field coil speakers?? I heard a pair and they are very nice indeed...