AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Dynaudio Speakers

Dynaudio Speakers Authentic Fidelity

Old 01-05-2012, 03:14 PM

These tend to get switched around at times as I move speakers between setups in eternal indecision, but right now:

Audio Analogue Puccini for C1 stereo listening
Onkyo TX-SR308 for C1 surround listening
Topping TP 30 for Audience 42 stereo listening

And a currently unused Onkyo TX-SR309, since my computer audio setup (now the A42s) went back to being stereo for the time being. Moving to a new apartment at the end of the month, unsure which it'll be then.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:19 PM
musiclovingearenthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio 1 View Post
I had the McIntosh MC601 amps and the C2300 pre-amp that I need to remove from my signature
So I currently have no pre/power in my system
A1...can you tell us what you liked about the Mickie-I; didn't like? What you're looking for in a new combo?

I knew a user who had Belles; 22a pre (then moved to a VT-01), mated to MB-200 monos (if you wanted to stay that direction)...and he was pretty, damn happy.

My own Belles gear was much more modest; the sweet 21a pre, and older, but well-heeled 150a Hot-Rod. Very nice sounding with Dyns, so I can recommend the brand. However, my new C-J amp has more horse-power, and a nice tone itself; so C-J is also one to consider.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post
However, my new C-J amp has more horse-power, and a nice tone itself; so C-J is also one to consider.
I was thinking last night the MF2500A might be the perfect amp for you this side of the ET250S, Premier 350 or Burmester 911 MkIII. It has a skosh of warmth and very slightly rolled off highs that probably mate perfectly with the attributes of the S25s and is probably more forgiving of a wider range of content. Plus plenty of horsepower for getting that big woof going but enough damping factor for keeping it in control...
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:45 PM
musiclovingearenthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
I was thinking last night the MF2500A might be the perfect amp for you this side of the ET250S, Premier 350 or Burmester 911 MkIII. It has a skosh of warmth and very slightly rolled off highs that probably mate perfectly with the attributes of the S25s and is probably more forgiving of a wider range of content. Plus plenty of horsepower for getting that big woof going but enough damping factor for keeping it in control...
PC, it's almost too much amp for my current room. You talked elsewhere about pressurizing the room; at times I feel over-pressurized.

I've thought of trading-down to the 2250a...which I'm told is the same circuit, less power; but I think I'd rather get a BIGGER room, than smaller amp.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Well, I guess there's always turning the volume down a skosh?
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post
PC, it's almost too much amp for my current room. You talked elsewhere about pressurizing the room; at times I feel over-pressurized.

I've thought of trading-down to the 2250a...which I'm told is the same circuit, less power; but I think I'd rather get a BIGGER room, than smaller amp.

Depending on the size of your room, you could be overpressurizing the room. I saw this last weekend when I was up at my friend Rob's (with the nice Quad/C-J setup) and we noted that there was a much bigger null with the door to the room closed instead of open. We were overpressurizing the room. I can post the pix later so you can see for yourself.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:12 PM

What I use you can see, of course, in my signature: two Electrocompaniet WA180 mono blocks. These are meant for daily use. I am busy in getting also two old Octave MRE 120 mono blocks for weekend use. Always been in love with them, especially because of their black piano lacquer finished colour of the amp with green LED's, different than their follow-ups, the MRE 130's which are in natural black with those awfull blue coloured LED's. Besides that the piano lacquer finished MRE 120's are suiting very well in my audio system with my Octave preamp in the same colour.. And it seems fun to have a tube system after 30 years of different SS amps...
Digital: Bow ZZ-8 (cd player) + McIntosh MCD301 (sacd player) - Preamp: Octave HP500 - Amps: Electrocompaniet WA180 monoblocks - Speakers: Dynaudio Confidence C2- Cables: Nordost Valhalla + Furutech TCS31/Rhodium connectors (power cords) + Ocos (speaker cables) + Cardas Golden Reference (IC's) headphone/amp: Audeze LCD-X + Cavalli Liquid Fire Treasures: (SA)CD's (a real lot of...)

Last edited by Echo; 01-07-2012 at 03:10 AM.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:35 AM

I use an Integra 40.2 to power my Excite X16s and X22 Center. Im really hoping things fall into place and I can get a Naim Nait 5i so I can integrate it into my setup.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:38 PM

An old Anthem MCA-50 powers my Focus 260s. I'm also looking to upgrade.
I've always loved the look and sound of McIntosh amplifiers. Any opinions on the MC252 ?
Old 01-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Vinyl, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
I use an Integra 40.2 to power my Excite X16s and X22 Center. Im really hoping things fall into place and I can get a Naim Nait 5i so I can integrate it into my setup.
Naim and Dynaudio make a great match. Naim power sections are very good at handling the demands of Dyns.