AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > General Off Topic

General Off Topic Almost anything goes!

Old 02-10-2021, 12:57 AM

Just awful- Kia Kaha (Stand Strong) Mate!
Old 02-10-2021, 01:17 AM

really sorry
Old 02-10-2021, 01:20 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Home Main System:
Magnepan 20.7, Pass Labs XA 100.5, Audio Research Reference 6, Esoteric P-03, D-03, G0-Rb, DV-60, Clearaudio Innovation & Tangent arm, VPI HW19 MK4 & ET 2.5 arm, Mark Levinson 37, Aesthetix Rhea Signature, Magnum Dynalab Etude, Kiseki PHS, Sumiko Palos Santos Presentation,Wireworld, Crystal Absolute Dream, Shunyata, Acoustic Zen, and Stealth cables

Other
Avalon Arcus, Snell Type AIII, Tympani IV, Green Mountain Europa, Martin Logan CLS, Tympani 1D, Counterpoint, GAS, Yamaha, Levinson, Perreaux, Proceed, Theta, Linn, and other collectibles, including 60 different headphones and 30+ headphone amps, over 60 cartridges, and too many cables, stands, and tweaks to list.
Old 02-10-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
My wife has finally passed. She was a fighter to the very end. Her death was unexpected. While eating a meal that I was feeding her she vomited and aspirated. She couldn't swallow it back and couldn't get it up. When the paramedics arrived she was blue, foaming at the mouth, and not breathing. She did not want to be coded and we had scope of medical care documents. However they suctioned her and got her back. But she refused hospital transfer. She was in renal failure and bed ridden in extremely poor health. It would have meant several weeks of torture in the ICU as opposed to a quick but agonizing death at home. She chose the latter. The paramedics stayed suctioning her until my son David arrived. Then they left. She died with us holding her hands 2 hours later. She was conscious to the very end. Never in a coma. Amazing. She was a brilliant Ophthalmologist and fabulous wife/companion. I believe she is in heaven and at peace. I was her caregiver 7 days a week 24 hours a day for the last 3.5 years. It was my honor and privilege to help her. She was extremely well thought of at VUMC.

Charles

Charles,

Sorry for your loss but due to your wife's condition I can understand her wishes.

I'm glad your Son made it in time to be with you when your wife passed.

Take care,
Terry

Mitsubishi New 16-Seer, 24,000 BTU Split-Unit ... for Heating/Cooling & Humidity control of Home Theater
Marantz Pre-Amp Processor: ... AV8805
Panasonic DP-UB9000 New ... HDR 4K UHD Blu-ray Player:
Roku: New ... 2022 Ultra HD-4K-HDR-Atmos Streaming Player
JVC RS4100 New ... Laser Projector
Lumagen Radiance Pro New ... 4242 18G Ultra HD Video Processor
Stewart Filmscreen: New ... Stewart StudioTek 130 G4 123" 16x9 W/4-Way Remote Masking
JML Speakers ... 2-JM Lab Utopia Mezzo Front, 2-Side Utopia, 2-Rear Mini Utopia
Focal Sopra ... Center Channel
Triad Atmos New ... 6 Triad Custom Repeat Gold 8 Mini Monitor Plus in-ceiling speakers W/Matching Flat Black Grills
SVS PB16-Ultra Subwoofers New ... 4 PB-16 ULTRA Subs
Transparent Speaker Cables ... Transparent TW Plus HP 10-2 W/Plus Bricks
Classe' Amps ... 2-CA201, 1-CAM-350, 2-CA-M400
ATI AT526NC New ... ATI AT526NC 6 Channel Amp for
6 Triad Atmos in-ceiling speakers
A/C Power New ... All Separate 20-Amp Circuits W/Dedicated Hospital Grade Receptacles
Richard Gray Power Conditioners New ...
1- RGPC-1200S, 9-RGPC-400S
Panamax MB1500 ... 2023 New 1500VA UPS Battery Backup for JVC RS4100 laser projector
Eaton ... Ultimate Home Surge Protection
CRITEC TDX100M New ... Modular Series Home Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor
HT Components/Gear Cooling ... 3-sets of Z-Fans, Cool-Stack I, Suncourt Variable Speed Thru Wall Fan
ATM ... Active Thermal Management Cool Stack 1 Exhaust Fan Assembly
Home Theater Component Mid Atlantic Rack ... Slide-Out 50" Track
Sanus CFR1620 ... Modular open-frame component rack with Middle Atlantic 4-Post H/D Shelves
Room Acoustic ... Acoustic Innovations panels
Seating ... Ekornes Stressless Wave
Rosco Velour Black 6003 ... 2-coats of Black primer.
Then 2-coats of Full-Strength Rosco #6003 UN-Diluted to complete Dedicated Home Theater
Area Shag Rug New ... Liliah Deep Black Low-Shag by Andover Mills 12' x 15' Rectangle Area-Rug
Custom Calibrated H/T New ... Chad Billheimer on September 4th 2023 did my JVC RS4100.
The results were 100% Totally Awesome I Highly recommend his services. https://www.hdtvbychadb.com/home-1.html
Old 02-10-2021, 11:05 PM

Thank you all. I drove to Rachel Garden where she is in the ground and stood there for 5-10 minutes. Somehow it did me some good. I am feeling a little better. I wrote a eulogy and posted it on the Hermitage Funeral Home website:

Eulogy for Debbie
By Dr. Charles S. Ruark Jr., her husband of forty-four years

Many would consider Debbie a genius. Her academic accomplishments were extremely impressive. She was valedictorian of her high school class in Shelbyville, TN, first trumpet in the high school band, and depending on how you consider it, graduated first or second in her medical school class at Vanderbilt University Medical School. I say this because she was first in her class of the students that her class began with, but another student came in later on and beat her.

Most impressive to me was the two A’s in Physical Chemistry she achieved as a VU undergraduate. She did her internship at Vanderbilt and also her residency in Ophthalmology at Vanderbilt University. She won the Albert Weinstein Prize in Medicine as a graduating medical student. As I understand it she was the first female senior Chief Resident in Ophthalmology. She passed her Ophthalmology boards with flying colors scoring tops in the nation. For this reason, for many years, she administered the oral board exam for the American Board of Ophthalmology in Refraction and External Disease to the senior residents seeking board certification in Ophthalmology.

She thrived in the private practice of Ophthalmology from about 1978 to 1995. To say that she had a positive effect on her patients would be a gross understatement. I still encounter many of her former patients who at mention of her name respond with many positive comments relating to her competency and her sincere concern not only about the health of their eyes but of their persons. She truly was the complete physician. The reason that she left medical practice so early was the mounting medical problems which I will not go into.

Debbie became a mother by the miracle of adoption on June 3rd, 1990. Our son’s name is David. She threw herself into her new role of mother with the enthusiasm that she had for medicine. As a family of three we had many good years together until her health began to fail in the summer of 2016 following the death of her mother Frances Allen Stewart. But the severe medical problems did not begin until January 2017. Then she had one blow after another until she could go on no longer. She died in her own bed in her beloved home of forty years with her husband (me) on one side and her son David on the other. Both of us holding her hands. Until the end she was able to speak that she loved us. She died fully conscious in about two seconds.

I have close friends. One of them emailed me the verse of Psalms 116:5, “Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His godly ones.” I have taken great comfort in this verse. Debbie attended Shelbyville First Baptist Church all her life in Shelbyville and was a devout Christian. She was instrumental to my Christian faith and also to David’s. Her sincere faith touched the lives of many people but the two it touched the most was mine and David’s.

She was a fabulous wife and companion. We always considered each other to be a team. We made a firm pact to meet each other at the eastern gate in the new Jerusalem and to continue our relationship (though not in marriage) there. Both of us love to walk. After we complete whatever business there is to finish and with the Lord’s permission, we plan on walking together on the new Earth for ten thousand years. I look forward to beginning that walk with her. As sure as the tomb was empty, it will happen.

Last edited by Charles; 02-10-2021 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:17 PM
Greetings from NC

As a redemptive, believer, receiver I understand.
Two Channel: McIntosh C2300 preamp, MC601 amps x2, MR88 tuner, MEN220; Esoteric K-03X; Aurender N100C 4TB; B&W 802D2 Diamonds, JL Audio F113V2 x 2 on Sound Anchor Sub Stands; VPI Classic Signature Piano Black, Ortofon Cadenza Black, VPI SDS, periphery ring, StillPoints center weight, Gingko Audio ClaraVu Dust Cover CT, KAB SpeedStrobe, Dr. Feickert Analogue Protractor; Sonos with W4S digital modification to W4S Remedy to Esoteric; W4S PS1 Linear Power unit for the 2x Remedy and Recovery w/ W4S PS1 Power Cord; Torus RM20; Wireworld Silver Series 7 Electra/Starlight/Eclipse cables and WW Platinum Power Cord for Amps and Platinum USB for Aurender; KLAUDIO RCM; Steve Blinn Designs extra wide three shelf rack; GIK Acoustics panels and bass traps, StillPoints Ultra Minis under all gear and Stillpoint Ultra SS under amps and speakers.
Home Theater 7.2: McIntosh MX150, MC452, MC207; B&W 803D2 Diamonds, HTM2 center, CWM7.3 surrounds; JLAudio F112 x2 subs; Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 65" Studio Master Plasma; Oppo 205; Crown FM Two Tuner; Sonos with W4S Remedy; Apple TV; Furman Elite 20 amp PFi x2; WW and AQ Cables/Cords; Salamander Synergy Four Bay Cabinet
Office 2ch with McIntosh vintage refurbished gear: McIntosh MC275V6 x2 tube amps; Klipsch Cornwall I vintage speakers (1982); AQ Dragonfly Red DAC/Jitterbug/cables; PS Audio Dectet Power Center; Mcintosh C28, MC2105, MR78 (with mod), MQ101, each with original walnut cabinet and panloc (1976), MCD7008 (1996), ML1C speakers (1976); Bang & Olufsen Beogram 4002 turntable (1976) with new SoundSmith SMMC20CL cartridge (2015); Salamander double rack
Old 02-15-2021, 01:07 PM

My deepest condolences Charles. Your description is heartbreaking. I hope you can find solace in knowing she is in a better place and at peace now.
McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Oasis 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest Columbia 72 DBS IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)