AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Dynaudio Speakers

Dynaudio Speakers Authentic Fidelity

Old 05-01-2020, 03:29 PM

Default Contour 20 30 60?

Hi wanted to Ask Dynaudio released contour 20 30 60
It was clearly on there web site.
Now there is contour20i 30i 60i in such a short time what’s the difference also?
I see older name being big discount for the 20 30 60 which is only been our a short time.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:41 PM
Cool, calm scientist

The Contour 20, 30, and 60 series were introduced 4 years ago, in 2016.

The new "i" series feature a new Esotar2i tweeter design derived from the new Confidence line, and improved crossover network and XO components. The woofers are new and the midrange has an improved cup subassembly.

Just a note: While other speaker companies use the same driver (e.g. a dome tweeter) in different models or size speakers, every driver in every Dynaudio is specifically designed for that specific loudspeaker. So, for example, an Esotar 2 tweeter in a Confidence is not the same Esotar 2 in a Contour; they are each designed and engineered specifically for each specific loudspeaker, even though they have the same name.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 05-01-2020 at 04:46 PM.
Old 05-01-2020, 06:03 PM

There is another difference: the previous Contour line was designed before Dynaudio built their Jupiter test facility; by subjecting the new Contour i series to that room they've found out that quite some improvements to the speaker line were still possible.
Old 05-01-2020, 07:31 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabe12 View Post
There is another difference: the previous Contour line was designed before Dynaudio built their Jupiter test facility; by subjecting the new Contour i series to that room they've found out that quite some improvements to the speaker line were still possible.
That is correct. Thanks for adding this info...
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 05-01-2020, 10:36 PM

Thanks just we haven’t seen original that long down here in aus.
I am sure they only just started seeing them in stores early last year.
Maybe time has flown
Old 05-01-2020, 11:36 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul7000 View Post
Thanks just we haven’t seen original that long down here in aus.
I am sure they only just started seeing them in stores early last year.
Maybe time has flown
Well, you know what they say..."Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Old 01-01-2021, 03:19 PM

Kef used to name all their tweeters t33. Seems confusing from a stocking standpoint. I returned a pair of audience 80’s because despite them possibly having the best bass I could hope for the higher fq’s lacked resolution. Now armed with the knowledge that not esotar tweeters are equal how do Dynaudios stack up to the competition regarding resolution.
Old 01-01-2021, 09:29 PM

And what is the relation between Audience 80 and Esotar?
They are both Dynaudio and that's it

Audience 80 officially should have some variation of Esotec D260 tweeter. The problem is - probably it's not even Esotec, but D28/2, just like in newer Audience 82. And that explains the lack of resolution.
Old 01-09-2021, 12:07 PM

Thanks for the reply. More specifically what line would I want to audition to compare with the salon 2 for example?
Old 01-09-2021, 03:52 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve59 View Post
Thanks for the reply. More specifically what line would I want to audition to compare with the salon 2 for example?
Who makes the salon 2, and what does it sell for? More to the point, if you're considering new speakers, what is your budget?