AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Japanese Exotica

Japanese Exotica Kondo, Leben, Luxman, Zanden

Old 06-21-2020, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSCC View Post
After much consideration between the Esoteric K-01XD, Lux D-10x & Soulnote S-3, all-in-one player cum DAC, chose the Lux D-10x. I won't go into the details, but the Esoteric was always the front runner, until the Lux appeared on this shore for the first time! Skipped the dCS One as its was way way out of my league. I am looking forward to receiving it mid-July.
Congrats on the Luxman. At least you wont have to worry about it being replaced in 2 years by a bigger and better version making its value plummet like some other brand mentioned.
Amps: First Watt SIT-3, Pass XA25, Valvet E2 SE, LTA Ultralinear, LTA ZOTL 40, ARC 150M, First Watt SIT-1 Mono's, ARC Ref75SE, Luxman M900U, Coda #8, Pass XA30.5, Decware Zen TorII MK4, Line Magnetic 845 Premium, Raven Reflection MK2

Pre-Amps: Luxman 900U, Coda 07X, ARC MP-1 Multi-Channel, Conrad Johnson Met-1 Multi-Channel

Disc Spinners: Esoteric K-01XD, Luxman D-10X, Ayre DX5, Oppo 105/205

Speakers: Cube Audio Nenuphar, Fleetwood Deville, Spendor Classic 100, Volti RAZZ, Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo 2, Falcon LS 3/5A, Klipsch Cornwall IV, Harbeth SHL5+, Omega Compact 8, Triangle Comete 40th, Monitor Audio Gold 200, Audio Solutions Figaro M, Harbeth C7 40th, Harbeth P3XD

Collector/Dealer of over 9000 Authentic RIAA Gold/Platinum Music Industry Record Awards 1960's-Present. 3600+ Photos of my awards on Facebook page: RIAA AWARD COLLECTORS
Old 06-21-2020, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billion$Baby View Post
Congrats on the Luxman. At least you wont have to worry about it being replaced in 2 years by a bigger and better version making its value plummet like some other brand mentioned.
Yes and thanks for the kind words. I'm planning to use this for a long, long time - especially the DAC for there Roon Nucleus+, USB hard wired as its neither "Roon Ready nor Roon Tested".
SACD/DAC: Luxman D-10x
Server: Roon Nucleus+ 8TB SSD + Plixir Elite LPS
Bluray: ModWright Oppo UDP205
Amps: Air Tight ATC-5/ATM300R/ATH-3
Speakers: Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
Cables & Interconnects: Audience Au24 SX Series
Power Conditioner: Audience aR6 OX
Rack & Amp Stands: Audio-Philar
Old 06-21-2020, 07:40 AM

Quote:
After much consideration between the Esoteric K-01XD, Lux D-10x & Soulnote S-3, all-in-one player cum DAC, chose the Lux D-10x. I won't go into the details, but the Esoteric was always the front runner, until the Lux appeared on this shore for the first time! Skipped the dCS One as its was way way out of my league. I am looking forward to receiving it mid-July.
Big congrats on the Luxman! My dealer is expecting to receive his next month. I have been anxiously awaiting its arrival.
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,
Old 06-24-2020, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Hey, I WANT to hear the details. Specifically -- for redbook CD spinning alone, how would you rate pros and cons of Esoteric vs. Luxman?
Old 06-24-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
I’m sure you will be happy with that player Jerry. I’m very happy with my Luxman sacd unit
Old 06-24-2020, 12:32 PM

Smile

Congrats on the D-10x. Are you going to get any MQA CD's. They sell them on evo88.com. Average price is $17.99. Very limited selection.
Old 06-27-2020, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxman38 View Post
Congrats on the D-10x. Are you going to get any MQA CD's. They sell them on evo88.com. Average price is $17.99. Very limited selection.
Thanks for the tip on evo88.com. Although the delivery is in August, I had already 6 such CD's. Roger Chung-Song Book, Suzan Wong-Close To Me, Bob James/David Sanborn-Double Vision, Chantal Chamberland-Temptation, Bob James Trio-Espresso & Bob James/Kirk Whalum-Joined At The hip.
Old 06-27-2020, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
I’m sure you will be happy with that player Jerry. I’m very happy with my Luxman sacd unit
Thanks Serge. I made the decision, partly based on your previous advise about ever spinning a disc and on your Lux experience. Will definitely keep in touch to discuss or seek further advise once I receive the player in August.

Last edited by JSCC; 07-14-2020 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-27-2020, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarkbark View Post
Hey, I WANT to hear the details. Specifically -- for redbook CD spinning alone, how would you rate pros and cons of Esoteric vs. Luxman?
I rate the machines based on their compatibility with Roon on costs and additional features. Sorry, cant help you on what you need to know as did not looked into spinning a red book. The Meridian 808.x is an excellent red book performer and I can vouch for that since I owned one before. If you WANT details, best you audition and compare them yourself (suggest to do this many times at dealers) as eventually, you are the going to own the machine based on YOUR decision. Happy hunting.

Last edited by JSCC; 06-28-2020 at 12:32 AM.
Old 07-02-2020, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billion$Baby View Post
Good point. Luxman seems to have a much longer run for their models.
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,