AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Music

Music What really matters most

Old 03-27-2013, 02:02 PM

"....She drank so hard, the bottle ached"

What a great rebound to sobriety.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:59 PM

She also does a real touching song called Sister Heroin about her sister's battle and subsequent death. I'm pretty sure Beth has been thru it all and recovered. There are some older youtube vids where she is about 90lbs and a bit skanky, but then the complete transformation to how she looked during the Kennedy Center Honers was remarkable.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:14 PM

Can anyone describe Beth's style on Bang Bang Boom Boom? I have her CD 37 Days and I hate it. Too much screaming. On the other hand Don't Explain is one of my recent favorite albums. She is more bluesy (?) and soulful and in frequent rotation at my house. Favorite tracks are "I'll Take care of You", "Your Heart is as Black as Night", and "I'd Rather go Blind."

I also like the two tracks she joins Joe Bonamassa for on his Beacon Theater CD.

Beth reminds me so much of Janis. Janis could scream or get so soft and sweet I would melt.

I should add that I just saw BBBB offered as a pre-order (to be released 4/2) on Amazon for $9.99. Previously it was only available as an expensive import ($29.09).

Quote:
Originally Posted by miner View Post
Just finished listening to her latest, "Bang Bang Boom Boom". A very good mix of blues, gospel, rock and roll. My pressing (LP) is 3.75 out of 5.

Last edited by dizzie; 03-27-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzie View Post
Can anyone describe Beth's style on Bang Bang Boom Boom? I have her CD 37 Days and I hate it. Too much screaming. On the other hand Don't Explain is one of my recent favorite albums. She is more bluesy (?) and soulful and in frequent rotation at my house. Favorite tracks are "I'll Take care of You", "Your Heart is as Black as Night", and "I'd Rather go Blind."

I also like the two tracks she joins Joe Bonamassa for on his Beacon Theater CD.

Beth reminds me so much of Janis. Janis could scream or get so soft and sweet I would melt.

I should add that I just saw BBBB offered as a pre-order (to be released 4/2) on Amazon for $9.99. Previously it was only available as an expensive import ($29.09).
I think it's exceptional & a worthwhile addition to any collection. This is Beth Hart on the heartfelt part of her life where she is starting into things she has previously locked away. I also think it's a time for her where she is starting to realise just how good life can be & the good part about it is it's showing in her music & writing.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzie View Post

Beth Hart played the part of Janis J. in a Broadway play some years ago. The Pearl I think.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miner View Post
Beth Hart played the part of Janis J. in a Broadway play some years ago. The Pearl I think.
Then Bette Midler did the movie - The Rose