AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Klipsch Speakers

Klipsch Speakers Power. Detail. Emotion.

Old 04-13-2019, 06:19 AM

Well guys, and then there was two. I have it down to 2 speakers. I want to thank everyone who chimed in. I read about every speaker mentioned in this thread. All great speakers in their own way. Its down to the Klipsch RF-7 III and Klipsch Cornwall III's. Are any of your here very familiar with both speakers? Anything you think I should know. Anything you care to share? In my undedicated L shaped room which is medium sized bordering on big , the speakers will be 5 feet front the back wall. One speaker will be two foot from side the wall, other speaker is 8 feet from side wall. No way around it right now. My current speakers are 8 feet apart and I sit 8 feet from the speakers. Behind my seating position there is another 8 feet to the back wall. Are the Cornwall's usually best placed right along the wall? Do any of you use the Stillpoint Aperture acoustic panels? or anything similar to them. Have any of you had success with such tweaks? Well, I'm off to sleep for a bit. Would love to hear from some of you. Enjoy the Music.

Regards,

Mikey.

Blues for the red Sun BAY BAY.
Old 04-13-2019, 11:19 AM

Have you done a thorough search on this forum and others as to the differences between Klipsch Heritage and consumer-grade? They are simply not the same product, the design, the engineering, and choice of drivers are totally different.
Old 04-14-2019, 02:30 AM

what would I type in to the search engine to get the results to what your referring to. Thank you for the heads up.
Old 04-21-2019, 01:14 AM

I owned the kg4.'s for 6 years. I loved the sound. Is there any way I can make the rf iii's works 7 feet out from the wall? Any tweaks I could do to the room that would help having the Klipsch rf iii's so far out from the back wall and still get good bass?
Kind Regards,
Mikey
Toronto Ontario Canada

newguy77, 43 minutes ago Edit Report
Old 12-10-2019, 08:13 AM

This is awesome :P. Bought my second pair of RF7mk3 (this time, walnut) for my "music-cave". Got the Cherry version in the living-room.

Now i can rotate between Spendor D9 and more lively RF7mk3 . Sound amazing on Accuphase... a bit "fat" sound.. but they are brand new, so need some burn-in time .

Update: When im using the RF7, i drag them about 50cm more from the back wall. The Spendor sounds good where they stand .

Last edited by spurv; 12-10-2019 at 08:17 AM.
Old 01-17-2020, 10:41 AM

I'm a proud owner of a new pair of Klipsch RF-7 III. And I'm pushing these with a Macintosh MC-312. These speakers are the best.
Old 01-17-2020, 04:55 PM

Old 01-17-2020, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanewm View Post
I'm a proud owner of a new pair of Klipsch RF-7 III. And I'm pushing these with a Macintosh MC-312. These speakers are the best.
They are sweet. Enjoy.

Cheers,

Scott
Old 01-19-2020, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanewm View Post
Congrats!

Coming up on two years owning mine and I feel like they are still breaking in. They definitely have more base now than they did in year one. Still very happy with them.

-Geoff
Old 01-30-2020, 11:38 PM

Congrats! They look awesome and sound great!
Listening Room – MC2301s, C2300, VPI Prime Sig. Rosewood, w/Fatboy 10” Tonearm, SDS, Periphery Ring, Dynavector DRT XV-1s, Sutherland LittleLOCO Mk2, Harbeth SHL5, Skylan Stands, Synergistic Research: Record Clamp, PowerCell SX, Active Ground Block, Galileo Discovery PCs, Atmosphere X Euphoria ICs, Phono and Speaker Cables, GIK Impression Series Diffusers and Acoustimac DMD Panels, CA Double Matrix Pro Sonic RCM

Theater Room - 7.2.4, Marantz SR7012 & MM7025, Klipsch: RF-7 III, RP-450C, RP-160M, R-112SW Atmos: CDT 5800-CII, Sunfire True EQ Sub, Samsung 75” Q60R QLED 4K UHD TV, Sony UBP-X800 4K UHD Blu-ray, VPI Scoutmaster, Clearaudio Maestro, Cambridge Audio 640P, PS Audio PPP

Office - Fisher 500C, Denon DP-59L, Audio Technica AT14S Cartridge, Bluesound NODE, Acoustic Research AR-3a, Technics RS 1500

Vintage System - Pioneer SX 1980, Jolida JD100 CD, JBL Studio Monitors 4425

Semper Fidelis Teufel Hunden