AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > General Audio Discussion > Completed Marketplace Sales

Completed Marketplace Sales Memorable AA Sales threads

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 06:24 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 View Post
There's a new universal player offered by the same US seller of Reavon:
The US seller behind the Reavon universal disc player have a new offering from a company called "MAGNETAR AUDIO."

The new player is called the UDP800 and looks like it might be more stereo-audio oriented than the Reavon.
The internal photos of the player show a slightly larger circuit board, shielding of the power supply and disc loader, as well as additional capacitors from a quick glance. The players use different TI DAC chips, too.

It's listed on the Zapati website which also sells Reavon players. Here's a link to their site and the Euro Magnetar site.
https://www.zappiti.us.com/product-page/magnetar-udp800
https://magnetar-audio.eu

According to a post on AVS forum, there will be an upgraded UDP900 in the future.

Internal pic of the Magnetar UDP800:

Internal pic of the Reavon UBR-X200:
Thank you for posting this!
Retail comparable to the Reavon?
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 11-22-2022, 09:45 PM

I kind of like the Reavon because it has the multichannel output. Do you know if the Magnetar will come out with the multichannel outputs?
Old 11-22-2022, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketuason View Post
I kind of like the Reavon because it has the multichannel output. Do you know if the Magnetar will come out with the multichannel outputs?
Not this current model. I haven't found any details about the higher end model supposedly coming soon.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables
Old 11-22-2022, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Not this current model. I haven't found any details about the higher end model supposedly coming soon.
Ok thanks, this might be worth waiting for. Hopefully it would be as god as the Oppo 203/205 or better. Please let me know if you have more information thank you.
Old 02-05-2023, 01:40 AM

Spoke to Zappiti and they said their gonna come out with a new version of the Magnetar in a couple of months. It’s going to cost more than the Reavon but way better unit they said.
Old 02-05-2023, 12:50 PM

Here's a preview of the upcoming Magnetar - see the link below.

Zappiti is no longer selling either the Magnetar or Reavon players though their mailing address is the same as the new entity set up to sell both. Seems they split off sales of the disc based models from the other products Zappiti sells.

https://valueelectronics.com/product...y-disc-player/

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

Old 02-10-2023, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Here's a preview of the upcoming Magnetar - see the link below.

Zappiti is no longer selling either the Magnetar or Reavon players though their mailing address is the same as the new entity set up to sell both. Seems they split off sales of the disc based models from the other products Zappiti sells.

https://valueelectronics.com/product...y-disc-player/
Thank you very much the link Christian! Yea this new Magnetar looks really good.
Old 02-10-2023, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Thank you very much the link Christian! Yea this new Magnetar looks really good.
The internal pic of the new player isn't correct on that Value Electronics page - the internal picture on their page is of the currently available UDP-800 and I hope the internal components are beefed up on the upcoming model.

Old 02-10-2023, 04:09 PM

Quote:
The internal pic of the new player isn't correct on that Value Electronics page - the internal picture on their page is of the currently available UDP-800 and I hope the internal components are beefed up on the upcoming model.
Gotcha, thanks. Do you know when will this be available?
Old 02-11-2023, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Gotcha, thanks. Do you know when will this be available?
On another forum, I think I read it might be released before summer. That seems possible if they've been making demo units like the one on the linked page.

Based on the prices of the current models, I'm guessing it'll be double the price of what the Oppo 205 was so I'm hoping it's impressive.

Closed Thread