AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > CD Players, Digital Music & Servers

CD Players, Digital Music & Servers Aurender, dCs, Esoteric, Lumin.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Against the Tide

Default First GPS Navigation Solution for iPod touch - for In-Car or Handheld Use-ecoustics

Dual XGPS300 Navigation and Battery Cradle for iPod touch

Posted by Admin on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 09:32 pm:

First GPS Navigation Solution for iPod touch - for In-Car or Handheld Use Offering Turn-by-Turn Directions

Dual Electronics Corp. announced their award-winning GPS Navigation & Battery Cradle for iPod touch® (model XGPS300) will be available at retail later this month. The Cradle, which resembles a battery case in size and weight, provides a complete GPS navigation solution for iPod touch, including the NavAtlas® turn-by-turn navigation app with TTS technology, and a car mount. The Cradle will retail at $179.99 MSRP.

"There are approximately 24 million iPod touch owners worldwide who are missing out on the ever-growing number of location-based apps" said Jim Braun, President and CEO of Dual Electronics. "We are excited to be the first to offer a solution that not only expands the capabilities of their device, but also does it in a way that is consistent with why consumers love their iPod touch -- the Cradle is simple to use, multifunctional and completely portable", added Braun.

The Cradle features a built-in GPS Receiver, and comes with Dual's NavAtlas® app - a fully-featured turn-by- turn navigation app with TTS technology and the latest U.S and Canada maps from NAVTEQ. The Cradle also includes a Rechargeable Battery, Amplified Speaker, Audio Out connection and Mini USB port. An Adjustable Windshield Mount is included for in-car use. The NavAtlas app, which works exclusively with the Cradle, includes all the features commonly found in PNDs and more, and will be available on the iTunes App Store for free.

"We are excited to have Dual bring our high quality navigable map to the iPod touch user base and are looking forward to Dual's future releases of navigation, which will integrate additional elements of our extensive library of map data and related content," said Jeff Mize, Executive Vice President, Sales, NAVTEQ. "Dual is not only bringing a creative solution to market but also a timely one as we see consumer demand for and understanding of the utility of navigation continuing to grow."

The Cradle is ideal for in-car or handheld use, and it complies with the requirement from Apple to provide GPS location data to any app which requests it, including apps for hiking, bicycling, social networking, geocaching, as well as other navigation apps.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:03 PM

I like! I am using Navigon on iPhone and loving it. The cradle will be great for my iPod Touch. Thanks for sharing.

Preamps/tuners:McIntosh C50, C46, MR88, MR73, C2200, C22ce, Cary SPL-98L
Integrate amps:McIntosh MA6100, Denon PMA2000ivr
Amps: McIntosh Mc602, Mc2000, Mc275 MK-V, Cary 805ae mono blocks.
Speakers: JMLab Mezzo Utopia, Focal Twin6 BE, Tannoy Mini Autograph
Headphones: Sennheiser HD800, Beyer T1, Denon D7000, Grado RS1i, Sony MDR-SA5000, MDR-Z1000, AKG K701, and many many more
Digital Sources:Sony SCD-1 & SCD777es, CDP-XA7es, 2010 Mac Mini Music Server, Amarra Mini player, Musical Fidelity V-Link & M1 DAC, Apogee Mini-DAC & Duet 2
Old 12-16-2009, 07:25 AM
Against the Tide

Some more info-
XGPS300 | GPS Navigation & Battery Cradle for iPod Touch®

Will initially be available from Amazon.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:52 AM

The thing I don't like is you have to use their navi app. I am very happy with my Navigon app for iPhone so I hope to get a cradle for iPod Touch that will work with Navigon.

Preamps/tuners:McIntosh C50, C46, MR88, MR73, C2200, C22ce, Cary SPL-98L
Integrate amps:McIntosh MA6100, Denon PMA2000ivr
Amps: McIntosh Mc602, Mc2000, Mc275 MK-V, Cary 805ae mono blocks.
Speakers: JMLab Mezzo Utopia, Focal Twin6 BE, Tannoy Mini Autograph
Headphones: Sennheiser HD800, Beyer T1, Denon D7000, Grado RS1i, Sony MDR-SA5000, MDR-Z1000, AKG K701, and many many more
Digital Sources:Sony SCD-1 & SCD777es, CDP-XA7es, 2010 Mac Mini Music Server, Amarra Mini player, Musical Fidelity V-Link & M1 DAC, Apogee Mini-DAC & Duet 2