AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > CD Players, Digital Music & Servers

CD Players, Digital Music & Servers Aurender, dCs, Esoteric, Lumin.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:48 AM

I can confirm Audirvana Plus is working.
McIntosh MX160 | McIntosh MC452 | McIntosh MC207 | Sonus faber Guarneri Memento (Graphite), Palladio PW 562 (2), Palladio PC 562 (4) | JL Audio F113 (2) | Wireworld Silver Eclipse 6 ICs & SCs, Oasis 8 SC, Silver Electra 5² PCs, Equinox 6,
Old 11-30-2012, 11:58 AM

I like it! I like the new remote app the best. Works perfectly with Audirvana.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:50 PM

For all of you looking to get the look of the old iTunes back while still using iTunes 11, read this article.

iTunes 11 for old fogies: goin' back to the way it was
iTunes 11 for old fogies: goin' back to the way it was | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog
Old 12-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Mac + Ayre + Vivid + Stax

Search doesn't seem to be working properly. It finds the songs / albums but then doesn't open them when I click.

Also just added some music to iTunes - shows up in search but not elsewhere in iTunes. Very strange.
ACDC - Back in Black. Adele - 19. Bryan Adams - Bare Bones. Diana Krall - Live in Paris; When I Look in Your Eyes. Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms. Don Williams - Borrowed Tales. FleetwoodMac - Tango in the Night. Frank Sinatra - At the Sands. Genesis - A Trick of the Tail. Gipsy Kings - Love Songs. Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark. Keith Jarrett - The Koln Concert. Marillion - Script For A Jester's Tear. Marta Gómez - Entre Cada Palabra. Metallica - Metallica. Michael Jackson - Thriller. Miles Davis - Kind of Blue. The Moody Blues - Days of Future Passed. Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound of Thunder; Wish You Were Here. Rodrigo Y Gabriela - Live in Japan. U2 - Rattle and Hum.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugal View Post
Search doesn't seem to be working properly. It finds the songs / albums but then doesn't open them when I click.

Also just added some music to iTunes - shows up in search but not elsewhere in iTunes. Very strange.
I just tried to do this with artist search and it took me to the albums and songs and I was able to open them including playing the selected song. Have you tried quiting iTunes and restarting your computer?
Old 12-02-2012, 05:42 AM
Mac + Ayre + Vivid + Stax

Ok. Just forced iTunes to add the media folder to the library again - and now it's woking. Thanks.
ACDC - Back in Black. Adele - 19. Bryan Adams - Bare Bones. Diana Krall - Live in Paris; When I Look in Your Eyes. Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms. Don Williams - Borrowed Tales. FleetwoodMac - Tango in the Night. Frank Sinatra - At the Sands. Genesis - A Trick of the Tail. Gipsy Kings - Love Songs. Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark. Keith Jarrett - The Koln Concert. Marillion - Script For A Jester's Tear. Marta Gómez - Entre Cada Palabra. Metallica - Metallica. Michael Jackson - Thriller. Miles Davis - Kind of Blue. The Moody Blues - Days of Future Passed. Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound of Thunder; Wish You Were Here. Rodrigo Y Gabriela - Live in Japan. U2 - Rattle and Hum.

Last edited by Portugal; 12-02-2012 at 05:44 AM.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:32 PM

Did anyone ever contact Channel D about a Pure Music upgrade to get an ETA for iTunes 11?
Old 12-03-2012, 10:07 PM

Their FAQ says iTunes 11 works fine with PM. It just has gapless playback broken for which there is a temporary workaround.

CHANNEL D - Support
Compatibility with Apple's iTunes 11 Update: In preliminary testing, Pure Music has proven to be fully compatible with iTunes 11 (Pure Music has been compatible with iTunes 8 - the earliest tested - and later versions, without requiring any changes).

There is one exception, and there is a partial work-around. Due to the manner in which iTunes handles Gapless tracks (essentially, all of the tracks in an album are automatically marked Gapless), Gapless Playback should be disabled in Pure Music, for Pure Music to function properly (Preferences, Music Server Settings -> Basic).

If you require gapless playback in Pure Music, please do not update to iTunes 11 at the present time. If you have already installed iTunes 11, select the "Songs" (list) view in iTunes to use gapless playback with Pure Music.
I just upgraded my old Mini (2010) to Mountain Lion and installed the latest A+. Glad to report it's working fine. It was already upgraded to 120GB High IOPS OCZ SSD and 8GB RAM.

I've also just done a clean install on a Mini 2012 factory fitted with 2.7GHz quad core and 256GB SSD and upgraded the memory from OWC to 16GB.

Gonna see if there's any difference going with a higher spec CPU feeding the Playback MPS5
Old 12-03-2012, 11:18 PM

Nice post, doggiehowser
Old 12-04-2012, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalzed View Post
Nice post, doggiehowser
+1...