AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Sonus Faber

Sonus Faber Italy's Best

Old 08-05-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexorca View Post
Yes! I agree! That's very surprising. I'v heard them both quit a lot. In my ears, Cremona M is a very good speaker, but it can't compete with Olympica III or Olympica II for that matter. They are much more true to the music. More neutral, much betted definition in and deeper bas. Very much more clear and fresh from high to low frequencies and more open. Still with the presence and magic that SF is so good at. Cremona has that magic, but in comparison, lacks resolution and clear sound. I respect your opinion about this matter, but I wonder if something was wrong about the set up. Were the Olympicas properly broken in? I'v also heard upgrades to better speaker reveal shortcomings of other equipment that the more simple speaker did not show. The acoustic can also do this trick. It's very important to position them in the right way. I'v heard them sound extremely well. But for sure there has been a very dedicated work to get them there, as with al speakers and systems. Maybe, Olympica III is SF's best speaker at it's price range and further, I think. In my world there is not even a race between them. Olympica III is a so much better speaker, I think.
Hi Apexorca,

I tried to PM you, but it appears you don't accept them.
What are your thoughts on the differences between the Olympica II and the Guarneri EVOs?
Old 08-06-2014, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian05 View Post
Hi Apexorca,

I tried to PM you, but it appears you don't accept them.
What are your thoughts on the differences between the Olympica II and the Guarneri EVOs?
They are to different kind of speakers. Both good in it's price range and in it's
type of speaker.
It was maybe 2 years since I listened to Guarneri Evolution and i remember that I thought it sounded very good. I'v got the former Guarneri, the beautiful Guarneri Memento, at my work and listen to them every day. I love them, but I remember that the Evo's got more low frequency power, and also a bit more resolution. But it's hard for me to compare Evo to Olympica II actually. Evo is a floor stander and should have more power but I really don't think they will have. The Evo's are very capable. The over all quality is probably better in the Evo's. But I'm not that sure.

Compared to Olympica III, I would go for Olympica III. It sounds bigger all over. But you really have to try them side by side to be very sure. It can eventually come to that the Evos are even better. I would not be surprised.

Maybe this is not a good answer. I'm just assuming...
Old 11-03-2014, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KW View Post
I have my Elipsa's playing with a Mcintosh c2300 and a pair of MC501's and have not felt the need to change the combination in years
Thank you so much!
Old 11-03-2014, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by william13 View Post
I exhaustively investigated speakers before I bought and had a completely open mind when I started the process. I purchased them after auditioning several brands. They go well with my c2300 and MC275 mono'd. They handle any type of music but If you like punk or heavy metal with a room chilling bass it might not be the first choice. The bass is "musical" and meant to be listened to as opposed to creating an adrenalin response. The mids and highs are smooth and real. For what its worth my wife loves them not only for their beauty but for their sophisticated way of handling music. I listen to a lot of classical, jazz, and classical rock on them. I have no intentions to move on or up.
Thank you! Actually I don't like heavy metal too.. Maybe could be the right choice... Until now, I had the opportunity only to listen the Elipsa ( but not the Elipsa Red SE) the previous model, without the wonderful "Stradivari's" tweeter gived to the last Elipsa. Well... Was a good experience but not like i could expect from that. I wasn't so satisfied about bass (when was playing a double or a triple bass, everything grow into a little fog, kind of syrupy thing...).
Roberto fom Italy
Old 12-22-2014, 04:31 AM

Probably can help you my impression. I bought few weeks ago the Elipsa Red Violin and I'm very happy with that speakers. I compared with the Cremona and I consider the Elisa more "precise" I didn't liked the bass of Cremona. I listen both speakers with Ayre, AudioResearch and Nagra amplifier and the Elipa sounds very good with all and gives to me impression to give a better sound image compared with Cremona and Amati too. The combination Elipsa+Nagra Jazz + Nagra VPA was amazing , the only limit was the power so in a small room can be perfect.