AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > General Audio Discussion

General Audio Discussion All other Audio Q & A

Old 08-09-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KW View Post
To me being a 2uberoller I would have to choose the sound and aesthetics of a C1000t or C500t.
David, changing a few tubes in the past hardly makes you a "2uberoller" so you still have time to change the path and handle. Just playing with you, I know you love the C220.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Jerry, you've had quite a bit of gear come through your system in the past few years that I've known you. I am sure it was all great fun and a big learning experience even if it did hurt a bit financially. Like they say, "what doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger". Your system is evolving very nicely! I am looking forward to your impressions from the latest changes and upgrades! The Rowlands are great looking products and based on what I've heard in the past, I am sure the new versions will not disappoint.
Well put Serge, it DOES HURT financially (not a bit ...) .... PLUS having an earful all the time! The only thing I had going for me was being addressed as "Mr. Seh" rather than "dearest", or even "dear".

Sometimes a hobby could get you grown up from being "honey", "dear", "love" to just being plain Mister .... I suppose, to reciprocate, I should be addressing her as "Miss ..... ". Wonder what will happen next .....

I would surely know by 17th August, when all the gears comes in, how they would jive altogether! Give me a week thereafter and I will post .... my dream or nightmare!

Meanwhile, keeping my fingers crossed!

Cheers!
SACD/DAC: Luxman D-10x
Server: Roon Nucleus+ 8TB SSD + Plixir Elite LPS
Bluray: ModWright Oppo UDP205
Amps: Air Tight ATC-5/ATM300R/ATH-3
Speakers: Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
Cables & Interconnects: Audience Au24 SX Series
Power Conditioner: Audience aR6 OX
Rack & Amp Stands: Audio-Philar

Last edited by JSCC; 08-09-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSCC View Post
Well put Serge, it DOES HURT financially .... PLUS having an earful all the time! The only thing I had going for me was being addressed as "Mr. Seh" rather than "dearest", or even "dear".

I would surely know by 17th August, when all the gears comes in, how they would jive altogether! Give me a week thereafter and I will post .... my dream or nightmare!

Meanwhile, keeping my fingers crossed!

Cheers!
Jerry here is hoping you don't miss those nice blue meters
Old 08-09-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSCC View Post

Like my dad always said "son, there had to be a point where you know you have arrived" ... and for sure, I did in joining this forum.

As for hifi, the gears? Well, .... lets just say "I am near ... almost
Jerry

I realized long ago that I will never arrive since there is no end to the improvement being made in audio gear. Technology moves forward and every year something new is introduced that is a little different and probably marginally better than what was out there before. The exclusivity that is associated with $300k amps, $185k speakers or $70k digital sources does not interest me. I will use those dollars for travel and pleasure.

Now back to my system, where the limiting factor for all of us is the inability of any medium to capture and reproduce a live performance.
Jim

Last edited by Still-One; 08-10-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KW View Post
, I just do not have the physical space for a 2 box pre amp. .
Put those fine amps on amp stands and you will have 2 more spaces in that cabinet...
Old 08-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Merry Christmas to all

The journey from a 15 watt per channel Trio (early Kenwood) receiver and Pioneer 3-way speakers I brought back from Japan in 1967, to the 500 watts per channel McIntosh system that graces my living room now, has been a thrilling experience every step of the way. My love of music, both recorded, live, and playing guitar and keyboards myself, continues to satify my soul on a deep and emotional level. The many different sound systems I have owned, enjoyed, and shared with friends has been a true highlight for me. Music is the sonic reflection of life itself. Enjoyed alone, or in the company of family and friends, it is a golden thread that bonds kindred hearts. It is so much more than just the gear in the rack. As Jerry touched on, I am grateful for music, and for the friendships that music has brought into my life.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 08-09-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
[B]My love of music, both recorded, live, and playing guitar and keyboards myself, continues to satify my soul on a deep and emotional level. The many different sound systems I have owned, enjoyed, and shared with friends has been a true highlight for me. Music is the sonic reflection of life itself. Enjoyed alone, or in the company of family and friends, it is a golden thread that bonds kindred hearts. It is so much more than just the gear in the rack. As Jerry touched on, I am grateful for music, and for the friendships that music has brought into my life.
Well said Dan! I salute that!

Just like Jim said, $300k gears or whatever, it will never end. To me, think I learnt that this year, first the MVP871 I hungered for came in April/May, and come October, its going to make way for the NEW MVP881.

I have worked this out ... for myself! Buy this time and be done with it .... The extra monies I can spend, well, on family vacations, books, the one extra car perhaps ( I have always wanted a Cheyenne Turbo, or the Audi Q7, so maybe its time).

There can be no end to this hobby, but I rather reserve that statement for friendship made in this forum .... Ivan, Serge, Dan, Jim, HK, Howie, Jean Marc, Jesse, to name a few (pardon me please for those I left out). You guys really makes my day, every day .... especially reading what you had posted/replied !!!

We can all have our differences in opinion on gears, but certainly, these will be constructive rather than destructive which I always believed them to be!

Cheers to friendship !!!!
SACD/DAC: Luxman D-10x
Server: Roon Nucleus+ 8TB SSD + Plixir Elite LPS
Bluray: ModWright Oppo UDP205
Amps: Air Tight ATC-5/ATM300R/ATH-3
Speakers: Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
Cables & Interconnects: Audience Au24 SX Series
Power Conditioner: Audience aR6 OX
Rack & Amp Stands: Audio-Philar
Old 08-09-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberbrown View Post
WOW...

Are those installers or users/owners doing the install. I dont think I would have carried that midrange module in from the outside and risk dropping it, or sat it and other modules on the floor and risk scratches or running into them, or peeled the plastic off the bass modules before everything was done. But who am I to say!
Those are dealers. I know because it is my dealer!