AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 04-05-2021, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crion2 View Post

May I suggest using a RJ45->SFP device @your router downstairs? Then pull up an LC ODM4 fiber upstairs. It's much easier and lighter to pull through than cat7 cable.

Then use an Alpha/Sigma/Omega to your ATV4K depending on if it's a primary critical source or not. Do not worry about the plastic connector discussion with Shunyata ethernet cables. Go for the best in your application.

https://www.sonore.us/opticalModule-Deluxe.html

Finisar SFP and cable is available on the site as well.
crion2, thanks for input and the link. Since I already have a Cat6 cable run to my theater room upstairs, would it be okay to add the OpticalModule upstairs? I could run a short length SFP from the OpticalModule to the EtherRegen, and use my HDPlex 300 to power the dc to the Optical Module? Then I would be able to use a Sigma Ethernet on the Apple TV+ On the a side, and I am already using a Omega ethernet on the b side to my Roon Nucleus+.

This cable configuration would be a better choice for me at this time, as I really don’t have the ability to rerun any cables from one side of the house to the other. As always Any thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-05-2021, 04:03 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiHippie View Post
crion2, thanks for input and the link. Since I already have a Cat6 cable run to my theater room upstairs, would it be okay to add the OpticalModule upstairs? I could run a short length SFP from the OpticalModule to the EtherRegen, and use my HDPlex 300 to power the dc to the Optical Module? Then I would be able to use a Sigma Ethernet on the Apple TV+ On the a side, and I am already using a Omega ethernet on the b side to my Roon Nucleus+.
Yep, that would work fine, and that is what I do...except it's a long run of fiber.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 04-05-2021, 04:40 PM

Sure, that works and will isolate pretty good.
Old 04-07-2021, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Sure, that works and will isolate pretty good.
Crion2, PumaCat with your advice I called Sonore and ordered a Optical Module Deluxe. I have also decided to take you advice and put it down stairs by the router and order a 30 meter sfp optical cable to run to upstairs.

When talking to them they told me(as you guys did to) that I needed to move the Roon Nucleus+ down stairs as well? They also suggested getting a optical Rendu or Signature Rendu SE. And then running the optical cable cable from Optical Module Deluxe to the Optical Rendu and the Shunyata Omega USB to my Mcintosh C53 preamplifier.

This next part is where things get interesting,I still have the following components that have to be connected: Apple TV+, and my Mcintosh Mx170 processor(which the ethernet connection is used as a IP address only to control the it via my ipad as a remote).

I also have the etherRegen and a After Dark 75 ohm clock that I was using for the etherRegen.

So the big question here is how would I configure in the etherregen and the 75 ohm clock, I also recently purchased a Omega ethernet cable.

Call me confused, I'm probably over thinking all this, and maybe don't need to buy a Optical Redu and just use what I have, but I think the Optical Module is a safe bet to start.

Your advice is greatly appreciated
Old 04-07-2021, 12:28 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Crion2, PumaCat with your advice I called Sonore and ordered a Optical Module Deluxe. I have also decided to take you advice and put it down stairs by the router and order a 30 meter sfp optical cable to run to upstairs.

When talking to them they told me(as you guys did to) that I needed to move the Roon Nucleus+ down stairs as well? They also suggested getting a optical Rendu or Signature Rendu SE. And then running the optical cable cable from Optical Module Deluxe to the Optical Rendu and the Shunyata Omega USB to my Mcintosh C53 preamplifier.

This next part is where things get interesting,I still have the following components that have to be connected: Apple TV+, and my Mcintosh Mx170 processor(which the ethernet connection is used as a IP address only to control the it via my ipad as a remote).

I also have the etherRegen and a After Dark 75 ohm clock that I was using for the etherRegen.

So the big question here is how would I configure in the etherregen and the 75 ohm clock, I also recently purchased a Omega ethernet cable.

Call me confused, I'm probably over thinking all this, and maybe don't need to buy a Optical Redu and just use what I have, but I think the Optical Module is a safe bet to start.

Your advice is greatly appreciated
You don't need to move your Roon Nucleus downstairs. And you don't need to buy an OpticalRendu for making the downstream optical connection as you already have an EtherREGEN. The EtherREGEN provides you will 4 RJ45 ports, so you can connect other networked items to it.

To connect from your EtherREGEN you will need what is called a "network bridge" to connect the EtherREGEN to your DAC with your Omega Ethernet cable.

There's a lot of choices with respect to network bridges; you could get a SOtM SMS-200 UltraNeo, an UltraRendu or even the new microRENDU from Sonore. Other alternatives are a Raspberry Pi 4, or at the high end, an Auralic Aries G2.1 or Innuous Zen.

Here's a diagram depicting what I've referred to above.

Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 04-07-2021, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
You don't need to move your Roon Nucleus downstairs. And you don't need to buy an OpticalRendu for making the downstream optical connection as you already have an EtherREGEN. The EtherREGEN provides you will 4 RJ45 ports, so you can connect other networked items to it.

To connect from your EtherREGEN you will need what is called a "network bridge" to connect the EtherREGEN to your DAC with your Omega Ethernet cable.

There's a lot of choices with respect to network bridges; you could get a SOtM SMS-200 UltraNeo, an UltraRendu or even the new microRENDU from Sonore. Other alternatives are a Raspberry Pi 4, or at the high end, an Auralic Aries G2.1 or Innuous Zen.

Here's a diagram depicting what I've referred to above.

Puma Cat, thanks for getting me back on track with this setup. I think I was putting more into to the setup than needed.

So how does this sound:

Downstairs

Modem via Cat6 to Asus Router
Asus Router via Cat6 to Sonore Optical Module Deluxe
Optcal Module Deluxe fiber optic 100ft to EtherRegen upstairs

Upstairs

Fiber Optic into EtherRegen Venom Ethernet side a to Mx170(for ip address to use my ipadas a remote control only)
Sigma ethernet side a to Apple TV+
Omega ethernet side b to Roon Nucleus+ for streaming Qobuz and Tidal
Omega USB to McIntosh C53 preamplifier Roon Endpoint

I dont know if I need a network bridge in the above configuration?

And using the After Dark OCXO 75 clock with a Sigma or Omega cable going to the EtherRegen.

How does that sound? As always I really appreciate your input on helping me better my system
Old 04-07-2021, 07:03 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Puma Cat, thanks for getting me back on track with this setup. I think I was putting more into to the setup than needed.

So how does this sound:

Downstairs

Modem via Cat6 to Asus Router
Asus Router via Cat6 to Sonore Optical Module Deluxe
Optcal Module Deluxe fiber optic 100ft to EtherRegen upstairs

Upstairs

Fiber Optic into EtherRegen Venom Ethernet side a to Mx170(for ip address to use my ipadas a remote control only)
Sigma ethernet side a to Apple TV+
Omega ethernet side b to Roon Nucleus+ for streaming Qobuz and Tidal
Omega USB to McIntosh C53 preamplifier Roon Endpoint

I dont know if I need a network bridge in the above configuration?

And using the After Dark OCXO 75 clock with a Sigma or Omega cable going to the EtherRegen.

How does that sound? As always I really appreciate your input on helping me better my system
I'm not sure. How you're connecting to your Mc C53? What is the Omega USB connected to at both ends?
Old 04-07-2021, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
I'm not sure. How you're connecting to your Mc C53? What is the Omega USB connected to at both ends?
Puma Cat I have the Shunyata Omega USB going out of the Roon Nucleus to the McIntosh C53 preamplifier’s digital input which is my Roon endpoint. The Roon is connected via a Shunyata Omega Ethernet from the b side of the etherRegen.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:11 AM

Nucleus+ is both Roon Core and an endpoint in this scenario.

I think it’s a good start. You can get a network RAAT endpoint later if you feel the itch.
Old 04-08-2021, 03:15 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Nucleus+ is both Roon Core and an endpoint in this scenario.

I think it’s a good start. You can get a network RAAT endpoint later if you feel the itch.