AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > General Audio Discussion

General Audio Discussion All other Audio Q & A

Old 09-27-2022, 08:57 PM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Lightbulb Music Fills the Soul

When you’re feeling down on yourself, do you ever put on music to lift your spirits?

If the answer is yes, you are certainly not alone.

Music has the power to brighten our mood, reframe our perspective, and turn that frown upside down in no time flat.

Music is an essential part of human existence.

Listening to music leaves a major impact on each one of us.

It can boost your mood, reduce stress and improve your health and overall well-being.

According to studies, the majority of people have positive experiences when listening to music; whether it’s sad, or upbeat music.

During times of loss, for example, listening to sad music that describes what you’re feeling can be compared to listening to an empathetic friend who truly understands what you’re going through.

On the other hand, listening to upbeat music is a wonderful way to improve your mood and boost your happiness.

Music has also been used as therapy for a long time, helping people to cope with pain, manage stress and improve memory.

In fact, some researchers found that patients experienced less pain and anxiety when they listened to music before, during, or after surgery.
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 09-27-2022, 09:15 PM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

1. “Where words fail, music speaks.” – Hans Christian Andersen

2. “Life seems to go on without effort when I am filled with music.” – George Eliot

3. “Music is to the soul what words are to the mind.” ― Modest Mouse

4. “A great song should lift your heart, warm the soul and make you feel good.” – Colbie Caillat

5. “Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life.” – Ludwig van Beethoven

6. “Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” – Plato

7. “My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther

8. “Music is the language of the spirit. It opens the secret of life bringing peace, abolishing strife.” ― Kahlil Gibran

9. “Music is the divine way to tell beautiful, poetic things to the heart.” – Pablo Casals

10. “Music is like a huge release of tension.” – James Taylor

11. “Without music, life would be a blank to me.”― Jane Austen

12. “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” – Bob Marley

13. “Music is the strongest form of magic.” ― Marilyn Manson

14. “Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.” ― Maya Angelou

15. “Music brings a warm glow to my vision, thawing mind and muscle from their endless wintering.” ― Haruki Murakami

16. “I need to listen to chill music when I’m driving. It prevents road rage.” – Aaron Paul

17. “If you were music, I would listen to you ceaselessly, and my low spirits would brighten up.” ― Anna Akhmatova

18. “Music is my higher power.” – Oliver James

19. “I haven’t understood a bar of music in my life, but I have felt it.” – Igor Stravinsky

20. “Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” – Keith Richards

21. “Without music, life would be a mistake.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

22. “Music is powerful. As people listen to it, they can be affected. They respond.” – Ray Charles

23. “People haven’t always been there for me but music always has.” ― Taylor Swift

24. “The only truth is music.” ― Jack Kerouac

25. “I wanted to prove the sustaining power of music.” – David Bowie

26. “Sometimes I feel like rap music is almost the key to stopping racism.” – Eminem

27. “Music can change the world because it can change people.” ― Bono

28. “Music has healing power. It has the ability to take people out of themselves for a few hours.” – Elton John

29. “Music is the moonlight in the gloomy night of life.” ― Jean Paul Friedrich Richter

30. “Music is … A higher revelation than all Wisdom & Philosophy” ― Ludwig van Beethoven

31. “Music changes, and I’m gonna change right along with it.” – Aretha Franklin

32. “Country music is three chords and the truth.” – Harlan Howard

33. “I lose myself in music because I can’t be bothered explaining what I feel to anyone else around me.” – Robert Smith

34. “Music is the literature of the heart; it commences where speech ends.” – Alphonse de Lamartine

35. “Music, once admitted to the soul, becomes a sort of spirit, and never dies.” ― Edward Bulwer Lytton

36. “How is it that music can, without words, evoke our laughter, our fears, our highest aspirations?” – Jane Swan

37. “Music is a weapon in the war against unhappiness.” – Jason Mraz

38. “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.” – Aldous Huxley

39. “Music is well said to be the speech of angels.” – Thomas Carlyle

40. “When words fail music speaks. – Irena Huang

41. “I see my life in terms of music.” – Albert Einstein

42. “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ― Albert Schweitzer

43. “Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue.” – Plato

44. “Words make you think. Music makes you feel. A song makes you feel a thought.” – E.Y. Harburg

45. “The power of music makes all the difference to me with motivation throughout the day.” – Paul Brodie

46. “Music is by far the most wonderful method we have to remind us each day of the power of personal accomplishment.” – Chris S. Salazar

47. “It’s like if the music is loud enough I won’t be able to listen to my own thoughts.” – Nic Sheff

48. “Music – that’s been my education. There’s not a day that goes by that I take it for granted.” – Billie Joe Armstrong

49. “Music is the greatest communication in the world. Even if people don’t understand the language that you’re singing in, they still know good music when they hear it.” – Lou Rawls

50. “Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.” ― Frank Zappa

51. “Softly, deftly, music shall caress you. Hear it, feel it, Secretly possess you.” ― Charles Hart

52. “Music gives color to the air of the moment.”― Karl Lagerfeld

53. “Music, my rampart and my only one.” ― Edna St. Vincent Millay

54. “Music is the soundtrack to every good and bad time we will ever have.”― Alex Gaskarth

55. “Music is the one incorporeal entrance into the higher world of knowledge which comprehends mankind but which mankind cannot comprehend.”― Ludwig van Beethoven

56. “Music is what tell us that the human race is greater than we realize.” ― Napoléon Bonaparte

57. “Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music.” ― Sergei Rachmaninov

58. “Music, when soft voices die, vibrates in the memory.” ― Percy Bysshe Shelley

59. “The music we listen to may not define who we are. But it’s a damn good start.”― Jodi Picoult

60. “I love the way music inside a car makes you feel invisible; if you play the stereo at max volume, it’s almost like the other people can’t see into your vehicle. It tints your windows, somehow.” ― Chuck Klosterman

61. “In music the passions enjoy themselves.”― Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

62. “If I cannot fly, let me sing.” ― Stephen Sondheim

63. “Life is one grand sweet song so start the music.”― Ronald Reagan

64. “Music is an agreeable harmony for the honor of God and the permissible delights of the soul.” ― Johann Sebastian Bach

65. “Why not just live in the moment, especially if it has a good beat?”― Goldie Hawn

66. “Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without.” ― Confucious

67. “Some people have lives; some people have music.” – John Green

68. “Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.” – Victor Hugo

69. “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.” – Arthur William Edgar O’Shaughnessy

70. “Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can’t.” – Johnny Depp

71. “The music is not in the notes, but in the silence between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

72. “Music is the great uniter. An incredible force. Something that people who differ on everything and anything else can have in common.” – Sarah Dessen

73. “Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.” – Maria von Trapp

74. “Pop music often tells you everything is OK, while rock music tells you that it’s not OK, but you can change it.” – Bono

75. “Music could ache and hurt, that beautiful music was a place a suffering man could hide.” – Pat Conroy

76. “Sing your life; any fool can think of words that rhyme.” – Morrissey

76. “Composers shouldn’t think too much – it interferes with their plagiarism.” – Howard Dietz

77. “Every song is like a painting.” – Dick Dale

78. “Long intros are cool because there’s a little bit of anticipation, you know?” – Miranda Lambert

79. “I think often sadness is a great place to get songs from.” – Sarah McLachlan

80. “Music is the silence between the notes.” – Claude Debussy

81. “Live music is where you get the inspiration and the creativity.” – Paul Rodgers

82. “Music has a poetry of its own, and that poetry is called melody.” – Joshua Logan

83. “Music and silence combine strongly because music is done with silence, and silence is full of music.” – Marcel Marceau

84. “Those who wish to sing always find a song.” – Unknown

85. “The most exciting rhythms seem unexpected and complex, the most beautiful melodies simple and inevitable.” – H. Auden

86. “Even if you can’t sing well, sing. Sing to yourself. Sing in the privacy of your home. But sing.” – Rebbe Nachman

87. “For me, singing sad songs often has a way of healing a situation. It gets the hurt out in the open into the light, out of the darkness.” – Reba McEntire

88. “Music doesn’t lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music.” – Jimi Hendrix

89. “I think music in itself is healing. It’s an explosive expression of humanity. It’s something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we’re from, everyone loves music.” – Billy Joel

90. “Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” – Berthold Auerbach

91. “Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand.” – Stevie Wonder

92. “Music is the universal language of mankind.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

93. “When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable.” – Henry David Thoreau

94. “Music is forever; music should grow and mature with you, following you right on up until you die.” – Paul Simon

95. “Music is the medicine of the breaking heart.” – Leigh Hunt

96.”There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we’d all love one another.” – Frank Zappa

97. “When you’re happy, you enjoy the music but when you’re sad, you understand the lyrics.” ― Frank Ocean

98. “I think there is a song out there to describe just about any situation.” — Criss Jami

99. “Such sweet compulsion doth in music lie.” ― John Milton

100. “Music in the soul can be heard by the universe.” — Lao Tzu

101. “Music is not take it or leave it; Music is life or death!” ― Joss Stirling

102. “My music isn’t just music—it’s medicine.” — Kanye West

103. “Or music heard so deeply that it is not heard at all, but you are the music while the music lasts.” — T.S. Eliot

104. “If everyone started off the day singing, just think how happy they’d be.” ― Lauren Myracle

105. “The more you love music, the more music you love.” ― Tom Moon

106. “Music is very spiritual, it has the power to bring people together.” — Edgar Winter
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 09-27-2022, 09:22 PM

Great post!
Old 09-27-2022, 10:54 PM

I knew there was a reason why I like listening to music loud.
Old 09-28-2022, 02:41 PM

I agree, couldn’t live without my music.
Old 09-29-2022, 10:23 AM

Without music, I'd be long dead.
Primary sources: VPI TNT III/SDS turntable, SME-V arm; Bryston BDP-3 digital player; Bryston BDA-3 DAC; McIntosh MVP-881 disc player; McIntosh MR-80 tuner. Preamplifier Audio Research Ref 5SE; Audio Research Ref Phono 2SE; Moon 430 HA. Amplifiers Conrad Johnson Premier 1B; Audio Research D-300; Bryston 4B. Speakers Infinity IRS Beta. Recorders Tandberg TD20A; Crown SX-822; Nakamichi 670ZX; Alesis Masterlink ML-9600. Power Tice Power Block/Titan (x2); McIntosh MPC1500; API Ultra II-20; multiple 20A derated dedicated lines.
Old 09-29-2022, 01:51 PM
Between 2 LARGE Speakers

I gotta have my music.