AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Bricasti Design

Bricasti Design Listen To The Possibilities

Old 05-31-2015, 06:18 PM

Default Bricasti M1 questions

Question for current owners or those with M1 experience...

I am considering a power conditioner and a power cable upgrade. Looking at Silver Circle Audio and Shunyata currently, but both brands are VERY costly these days for their better products. I've recently sold all my albums and turntable so I do not need many outlets as it is a digital only system going forward.
I run a Luxman integrated amplifier, a Bricasti M1 DAC and soon to be sourced by a Bryston BDP-2 in its newest iteration.
My system is currently run from two dedicated power lines, a 20 amp circuit for the amplifier only and a 15 amp circuit for both digital devices.
My cabling is all Audioquest currently, but I have never been a fan of their power cord efforts so looking for good recommendations. Bricasti uses Purist Audio cabling a lot at shows, but I don't have a dealer anywhere near me and their line is a bit confusing.
Which power cable and conditioner have you used and had positive experience with?
Old 06-02-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian05 View Post
Question for current owners or those with M1 experience... I am considering a power conditioner and a power cable upgrade. Looking at Silver Circle Audio and Shunyata currently, but both brands are VERY costly these days for their better products. I've recently sold all my albums and turntable so I do not need many outlets as it is a digital only system going forward. I run a Luxman integrated amplifier, a Bricasti M1 DAC and soon to be sourced by a Bryston BDP-2 in its newest iteration. My system is currently run from two dedicated power lines, a 20 amp circuit for the amplifier only and a 15 amp circuit for both digital devices. My cabling is all Audioquest currently, but I have never been a fan of their power cord efforts so looking for good recommendations. Bricasti uses Purist Audio cabling a lot at shows, but I don't have a dealer anywhere near me and their line is a bit confusing. Which power cable and conditioner have you used and had positive experience with?
Crickets huh?
Anyone?
Old 06-16-2015, 08:32 PM

I am currently using Isotek power conditioning with Nordost Heimdall 2 power cables with great results.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreginNH1 View Post
I am currently using Isotek power conditioning with Nordost Heimdall 2 power cables with great results.
Which model Isotek have you found to be best with them?
I would love to see photos of your Bricasti setup! Please post when you have time.
Used to have Nordost Heimdall 2 cable loom, but sold them about 5-6 months ago...nice cables. :-)
Old 06-17-2015, 06:23 PM

I use a PS Audio power conditioner and all WireWorld Silver 7 power cables.
Old 12-31-2016, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian05 View Post
Question for current owners or those with M1 experience...

I am considering a power conditioner and a power cable upgrade. Looking at Silver Circle Audio and Shunyata currently, but both brands are VERY costly these days for their better products. I've recently sold all my albums and turntable so I do not need many outlets as it is a digital only system going forward.
I run a Luxman integrated amplifier, a Bricasti M1 DAC and soon to be sourced by a Bryston BDP-2 in its newest iteration.
My system is currently run from two dedicated power lines, a 20 amp circuit for the amplifier only and a 15 amp circuit for both digital devices.
My cabling is all Audioquest currently, but I have never been a fan of their power cord efforts so looking for good recommendations. Bricasti uses Purist Audio cabling a lot at shows, but I don't have a dealer anywhere near me and their line is a bit confusing.
Which power cable and conditioner have you used and had positive experience with?
dear Bavarian 5,

i am owning bricasti m1 for last 3 years and only use it with RED Book (MBL1621a), i tried few cables and all are listenable, the main question still not clear with 3 years of use is weather RCA or XLR IC more engaging.

but i found SPDIF RCA is the best compare with AES/EBU ( i tried Wireworld Platinum starlight RCA AND XLR side by side, RCA/SPDIF wins in term of focusing, presentation, ease on ear, engage-meant and over all precise soundsageing with reasonable placement of equipment with in. oh i compare M1 with sim 650d with 820s. clearly M1 is much more musical, i didnt like the big soundstage and acueracy and silence of tomb on SIM MOON 650D always M1 dragged me hard when i listen Led Zeplin 4, track 2 and the last track of the album "when the levee breaks... ouch what a precision of m1 simply mid blowing on m1. sim 650D is good but simply lost the soul of the music and stuck on hidden island and make the music dry and engagement losses severely.

POWER CORD POWER CORD AC POWER CORD I WISH YOU DONT EXIST AT ALL. yup most tricky part of any system.

i used from the beginning to end respectively.

#PS Audio Ac10.... very Dynamic, it will drive you high very high, it give you a feeling you have way too much boost... and strong feeling of very easy to lose control hit and crash on the soft corner.

# Cardas clear... the most decent ac power cord i came in touch with, very gentle, enjoying, engaging, fair amount of detail which has the guts to challenge full silver cables any day any time any where. i would made you life easy and smooth if you stick with you till the end. but we don't like easy exit.. we want more, we less likely want to marry peaceful girl in our life... we want unpredictable andreline and chase in and make our life parked almost close to HELL.

# WireWorld series 7 Platinum, silver and full copper electra... i used all 3 platinum is the best obviously but unimpressive of 650D, but with M1 is a cable not perfect but most close to our fantasy. huge sound stage, high precision, superb detail.... but at the end fantasy on daily life with daily basis is too much i think. but those of us want everyday surprise, every moments of our life... this is the cable bro... jump it over on it, its the magic carpet of Aladin.

# siltech RUBY HILL 2-- oh yes this is my final cable i am sticking with. its with furutech fi50 nema plugs... the gentle breeze the ultimate destination of your journey. buy hey its not perfect but sometimes too much perfect os not good. its a very precise and highly engaging traparent ac power cord. i choose to live with it for its gentle sound and musicality. please have a listen or atlas try to buy one 1m and try at your home. you will be happy. its need quite long time to settle down but i love them... everything else looked blurred to me, in front of Ruby HILL 2. wow.

i am using pure power + 3000 for a while yet i prefer to use no conditioning at all. now at the moment i am not using any power conditioner. instead please use oyade R1... highly recommended.

Old 12-31-2016, 10:32 AM

Very detailed post bengal_finch, thanks for sharing and welcome to AA!
Old 12-31-2016, 11:05 AM

bengal finch
That was a really good description of different power cables and good help, as it can be very expensive to buy many different cables to try out, at least i am not so lucky. And i have to choose what i think will be best.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:56 PM

Yes, it also makes me want to try different power cables and conditioners.

I mostly run a low noise fan-free pc based server but also use a PS Audio transport for RBCD, and likewise found a preference for unbalanced 75 ohm spdif over AUS/EBU.

My USB cable is nothing too special - a Nordost blue heaven but the pc is powered from a linear supply and USB via a JCAT PCIe with a dedicated low noise PSU, which all seems to help but I feel that a cable upgrade will improve things further.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:17 PM
Music Nut

I use a "Silver Circle Audio pure power one 3.0" for power conditioning. Have had it in the system for the past ~5 years and it works great.

For power cords, I've used several, and have settled on the Waveform Fidelity HE High Current for the Silver Circle and amps (BMC M2 monos) and the HE Source for the M1, Laufer Teknik Memory Player, and BMC BDCD transport. The Waveforms were a significant positive difference to anything I had used in the past, bringing extra "juice" while maintaining a sonic transparency. They're fantastic.

I'm running the M1 directly into the amps. Running Stealth Varidig V15T AES/EBU and WireWorld Platinum Starlight 7 USB from the Memory Player to M1, and Thales interconnect and speaker cables from the M1 to amps and amps to YG Acoustic Carmel speakers.
Two Channel: YG Acoustics Carmel, REL S/3 (pair); Bricasti M25 / M20 / M1 Limited Gold, Laufer Teknik Memory Player 64 32 core; Stealth Sextet V15T AES/EBU, Echole Obsession XLR, Liquid Cables by Laufer Teknik speaker / USB / power; Nordost QB8mkII, Qx1/Qv2/QKore3; Stillpoints Apertures, various Artnovion; Stillpoints Ultra SS, IsoAcoustics Gaia II