AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Events & Demos

Events & Demos Manufacturer & Dealer Sponsored Events

Old 08-23-2021, 03:26 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrot View Post
Well, not surprisingly, AXPONA just announced they are delaying the show until April 22-24, 2022, due to exhibitor and attendees having expressed reduced interest in attending, due to the spread of the delta variant.

I suspect a similar announcement from RMAF soon.
Looks like RMAF at this point is going ahead, their guidelines are here:

https://audiofest.net/covid-19-guidelines-for-rmaf-2021
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 08-23-2021, 03:53 PM

Up until a couple of weeks ago they didn’t have any information posted, and now this is less than clear. They provide information on testing sites, but no indication if they’re going to require a test or vaccination - so why the info on test sites? And they have both local county and CDC guidelines, and the statement “We expect this mask requirement will be mandatory in the coming weeks for all indoor gatherings.” As it stands now, they’re basically leaving it up to individual exhibitors whether they’ll require masks. I’m booked to attend, but I’m having second thoughts simply because they seem so oblivious and disorganized, and the exhibitor list is starting to look like the Colorado audio club.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 08-23-2021, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Looks like RMAF at this point is going ahead, their guidelines are here:

https://audiofest.net/covid-19-guidelines-for-rmaf-2021
I'm afraid RMAF will chicken out when their legal counsel sees that AXPONA cancelled.

Weird -- the older and more decrepit my ears get, the greater my desire to buy newer and better "audiophile" gear!
Old 08-23-2021, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrot View Post
I'm afraid RMAF will chicken out when their legal counsel sees that AXPONA cancelled.
I'm praying that they hold the line!
Old 08-23-2021, 09:01 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
Up until a couple of weeks ago they didn’t have any information posted, and now this is less than clear. They provide information on testing sites, but no indication if they’re going to require a test or vaccination - so why the info on test sites? And they have both local county and CDC guidelines, and the statement “We expect this mask requirement will be mandatory in the coming weeks for all indoor gatherings.” As it stands now, they’re basically leaving it up to individual exhibitors whether they’ll require masks. I’m booked to attend, but I’m having second thoughts simply because they seem so oblivious and disorganized, and the exhibitor list is starting to look like the Colorado audio club.
It's disorganized and unclear, Tony.

Their guidance is also ambiguous and inconsistent. I've thought about writing to the organizer to provide her with two simple, but key, requirements for holding a safe event.

If anyone considering attending would like an email with detailed facts, data, and guidance from a professional molecular biologist with a degree in Microbiology that I've been providing to friends thinking about attending similar gathering, a high school reunion, just send me a PM.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 08-23-2021 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-23-2021, 10:08 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
I'm praying that they hold the line!
I would assume it's gonna be cancelled...not that that should surprise anyone.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3
Old 09-01-2021, 01:17 PM

Default RMAF 2021 -- Oct. 8-10 -- who's going?

I finally decided to cancel. There are only ~100 exhibitors listed vs a usual 400+, with only 5 weeks to go, and still no clear safety plans other than it’s up to individual exhibitors. There are better ways to spend my time and money, I’ll wait for a better show next year.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 09-01-2021, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
I finally decided to cancel. There are only ~100 exhibitors listed vs a usual 400+, with only 5 weeks to go, and still no clear safety plans other than it’s up to individual exhibitors. There are better ways to spend my time and money, I’ll wait for a better show next year.
Yeah, I'll probably also decide not to go. There don't really seem to be many speaker exhibitors, which is the main thing I'm interested in checking out.

Since I drive, I have to pay for a hotel night on the way and another on the way back. And it's just not that much fun to travel any more with a lot of services being reduced because of the pandemic. My brother and I drove up to Indy for the road races a couple weeks ago, and you can't just stop in to a fast food restaurant to use the bathroom(yes, I also purchase something) because they have the lobby closed. And it seemed like about half the interstate rest areas were closed as well.

Weird -- the older and more decrepit my ears get, the greater my desire to buy newer and better "audiophile" gear!
Old 09-02-2021, 11:15 AM

RMAF now canceled, as we suspected. Oh well, maybe next year.

September 2, 2021
Dear Marc,

A year and a half ago, our hearts were aching as we made the hard decision to cancel our 2020 show. Back then, we somehow imagined that as a country, we could band together and transcend COVID-19, and our lives could return to normal. We hoped we could ride out a year in isolation and emerge healthy and ready to gather again. Here at RMAF, we spent the year improving our business by producing new room layouts with all the outlets marked, and created a handbook to guide exhibitors as they learned yet again to navigate their exhibitor accounts. We imagined ourselves enthusiastically greeting our audio industry friends in a few weeks, and we’ve held onto that dream in spite of our nervous fears and scary news reports.

Even though some parts of the United States are fully open, the number of people contracting the virus, and the number of deaths attributed to it are still rising, and the CDC is projecting an even more deadly Lambda wave this fall. We are frightened on behalf of our friends in the audio industry on many levels. The very worst thing that we can envision is for someone to fall ill because they came to our show, whether as an exhibitor, a journalist, an attendee, or a volunteer. Good health is a precious gift, and we are learning that although recovery is possible, the residual effects of COVID-19 and its variants can be profound, and we are unwilling to risk even one case. Up until now, we have held onto the possibility that our October show could be produced as planned. After reading and listening to the news concerning the Coronavirus pandemic, and watching the cancellation of numerous other shows, we no longer hold that hope. In spite of our initial optimism, we have read and listened to all of your thoughtful comments and then looked at the numbers and made the difficult decision to cancel RMAF 2021.

As is our policy, RMAF will be issuing refunds to those who have paid for tickets. You may expect to see your refund within the next 7 to 10 business days.

This has been a wrenching decision, and along with it comes the added impact of deciding that we are no longer able to envision RMAF as our hearts delight. RMAF was our founder Al Stiefel’s dream, and we’ve done our best to nurture his vision for 12 years, along with help from the Colorado Audio Society and all our volunteers from around the world. Now, we are off to new adventures! And so it is with both sadness and anticipation for the future, we announce that the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest as we have all known it will be no more. It has been our very great pleasure to have served this community of audio professionals. We have learned so much from you! Thank you for 17 years of friendship and support. It has meant more than you can possibly imagine.

We offer you our heartiest wishes for good health and great happiness.

Your Friends,
Marjorie and Marcie
Marjorie Baumert and Marcie Miller
Rocky Mountain International Audio Fest
October 8-10, 2021
303-393-7918

Old 09-02-2021, 11:17 AM

Not only cancelled, they’re saying RMAF is permanently done.