AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Revel Speakers

Revel Speakers The Science of Sound

Old 03-25-2016, 01:49 PM
Racing Hoopties

Dave, How long do you have to wait?
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack
Old 03-25-2016, 02:10 PM

Craig, They were received at the dealer this past Tue afternoon. Shirley and I get home from Florida over the weekend, I'll pick them up sometime next week.
Old 03-25-2016, 03:00 PM
Racing Hoopties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
Craig, They were received at the dealer this past Tue afternoon. Shirley and I get home from Florida over the weekend, I'll pick them up sometime next week.
Nice. Something to look forward to up North. I look forward to seeing pics and reading your impressions.
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack
Old 03-25-2016, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
Congrats Pampero! Nice speakers!
Thanks, I'm looking forward to getting them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
Very nice Pamper, what will you be driving your Salon's with......oh yeah and welcome to the fold as well !
I'm pondering that now. MC452 and C52 are strong contenders within my budget and would also be my first McIntosh equipment in a lifetime spent avoiding the line for no good reason. I'm sure that would be a good way to go because of the Revel's thirst for power, but I'm open to other ideas and have considered Parasound and Bryston. I'm leaning to the Mac if for no other reason than it would be a new experience for me and I believe that the 452 will swing the volts needed within my wife's tolerance range. No tubes being considered for now, otherwise open to all the options. This system is starting out fresh as I have no holdover equipment from my last binge so apart from money, there are no constraints in respect to the synergy I'd like to create.

By the way, it's Pampero (a favorite rum, no deeper meaning) It needs that final "o" to avoid humiliation at the baby changing table!

But you can call me Lew.

Last edited by Pampero; 03-26-2016 at 12:40 AM.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessman View Post
Pampero, welcome aboard!

BTW, 10 is easy!
Thanks! Four!
Old 03-25-2016, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Pampero... Welcome to AA!
Nice making new friends! (Five )
Old 03-25-2016, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete6737 View Post
Congrats on your new Salon2s! You will love them!
Thank you, Pete....and thanks to all for the warm welcome ()

As my stay here lengthens, I'll get to learn about you all and I guess you'll learn about me. I have a long history in the pro audio (only marginally in consumer) business and Revel's approach is well known to me.

I had been considering Raidho X3s as well ( a fine product indeed) but my experience with Floyd Toole and Kevin Voeck's methodologies has led me down this path.

In the interest of full disclosure, I was a JBL pro rep (northwest) for 31 years but have been retired since 2010. I worked for Otari (tape recorders) as well before hanging my shingle in the northwest. I consider myself a music lover first and an audiot second.

Last edited by Pampero; 03-26-2016 at 12:44 AM.
Old 03-27-2016, 07:40 PM

I'm hoping to add to my post count so please just say anything so I can get on the board!
Old 09-22-2017, 06:00 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberbrown View Post
Anyone have any experience with these? Salon2, Studio2, Gem 2?

Do they warrant this statement?
Stereophile: Revel Ultima Salon2 loudspeaker
Regarding the Ultima2 Studio2s in my room, yes.

On decision day we auditioned Wilson Yvette and something else... Sabrina maybe? Also B&W 800D (the big ones), and McIntosh's own speakers. Since we've known for a long time that this day would come, we have also paid attention to a long list of speakers over the last few years, especially Sonus Faber and B&W.

Based on this experience, I could easily and confidently repeat everything in that sentence about the speakers I have heard and the Revel Ultima2s now in my living room.

The difference was stark, and the choice was a no-brainer. My wife was with me for the listening sessions, and she was equally firm on the choice.

It was kind of fun, really. We had listened to two sets of Wilsons and the B&Ws. She went for some sandwiches while I auditioned the McIntosh speakers, then the Revels. When she got back we ate our sandwiches and then went back into the listening room. I watched her face do exactly the same thing mine had done, and almost as quickly.

It's like this, for me: They are more like ancient mystical totems than transducers. With little to no movement visible from the listening position (I see well, thank you), the room is taken over by live music. Instead of moving air, these totemic pillars magically conjure the spirits of the performers, who then perform live just for me.
l MA7900 Integrated Amp l Sonus Faber Concerto Speakers l Clearaudio Performance Turntable w/Ortofon Credenza Cartridge l Rega Saturn CD Player l Marantz Tuner l PlayStation-4 l Transparent MM2 Cables & Power l
Old 09-22-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWB75 View Post
Regarding the Ultima2 Studio2s in my room, yes.

On decision day we auditioned Wilson Yvette and something else... Sabrina maybe? Also B&W 800D (the big ones), and McIntosh's own speakers. Since we've known for a long time that this day would come, we have also paid attention to a long list of speakers over the last few years, especially Sonus Faber and B&W.

Based on this experience, I could easily and confidently repeat everything in that sentence about the speakers I have heard and the Revel Ultima2s now in my living room.

The difference was stark, and the choice was a no-brainer. My wife was with me for the listening sessions, and she was equally firm on the choice.

It was kind of fun, really. We had listened to two sets of Wilsons and the B&Ws. She went for some sandwiches while I auditioned the McIntosh speakers, then the Revels. When she got back we ate our sandwiches and then went back into the listening room. I watched her face do exactly the same thing mine had done, and almost as quickly.

It's like this, for me: They are more like ancient mystical totems than transducers. With little to no movement visible from the listening position (I see well, thank you), the room is taken over by live music. Instead of moving air, these totemic pillars magically conjure the spirits of the performers, who then perform live just for me.

+1

Exactly how I’d put it. I adore mine too. Sublime.