AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Isolation, Tips & Tweaks

Isolation, Tips & Tweaks Enhance your enjoyment

Old 09-04-2020, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
I just received my CopperCONN duplex yesterday. I plan to plug a Sigma XC power cable which feeds a Denali v2 into one outlet and an Apple laptop wall wart power plug into the other outlet. Since the Denali will draw a LOT more current (i.e. my entire audio system) than the laptop should I not worry about adding the two jumpers wires which did not come with the duplex to it? It wouldn’t seem it is necessary due to the current draw differences but I am not an electrician. Thanks for any advice you can provide me.
Hi Dave,

Probably an electrician will tell you that it should not be an issue but my understanding is that audio requirements is another beast altogheter. It would not hurt at all to wire with the jumper and since it's only one duplex, it's very easy to wire. I can upload some pictures later showing you how I wired my SR-Z1 for my projector installation. Also, let's say you wire it without the jumpers and that some time from now you forget how it is wired and you make some changes in your system, this could have an impact sonically. For me, I like to know that I did things optimally and that I can forget thinking about it.
Old 09-04-2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parabellum View Post
Hi Dave,

Probably an electrician will tell you that it should not be an issue but my understanding is that audio requirements is another beast altogheter. It would not hurt at all to wire with the jumper and since it's only one duplex, it's very easy to wire. I can upload some pictures later showing you how I wired my SR-Z1 for my projector installation. Also, let's say you wire it without the jumpers and that some time from now you forget how it is wired and you make some changes in your system, this could have an impact sonically. For me, I like to know that I did things optimally and that I can forget thinking about it.
Yes, makes sense. Given the cost and the application for the duplex, I was hoping the jumper wires would have been included by Shunyata Research. I’ll see what is being used in the wall by the current duplex and try to get a couple of small pieces at Home Depot. Maybe it is using jumpers already and that is why they aren’t included. Wishful thinking.

Last edited by DaveM; 09-04-2020 at 03:53 PM.
Old 09-05-2020, 12:02 AM

Here are some pictures of the wiring of my SR-Z1. It's a single duplex for a dedicated line. That's the easiest to wire. For the jumper cables, nothing fancy is necessary; just use the same wire, black and white, in an approx. lenght of 3 inch. Skin the ends and shape them in "U" and connect. As Caelin mentionned it, the jumper wire is necessary to not only rely on the small peg between each screws. I always connect the black and white wires on opposite power sockets for the same reason.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9516.jpg (76.4 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9517.jpg (79.3 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9518.jpg (74.8 KB, 56 views)
Old 09-05-2020, 11:25 AM

Thanks for sharing Serge!