AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > TAD Speakers & Electronics

TAD Speakers & Electronics Technical Audio Devices Laboratories

Old 06-24-2012, 01:37 PM
What?

What a fantastic space!! A dream. What about the Focal Stella Utopia EM or Maestro Utopias?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg show10_utopia.jpg (71.2 KB, 38 views)
Unison Research Sinfonia Anniversary. McIntosh D100 > Bluesound Node2i > Tidal. Clearaudio Performance DC. Gold Note PH-10, Gold Note PSU-10. Isol-8 InLine. Shunyata Research Hydra Delta D6. Wireworld. Acoustic Zen. Audioquest. Klipsch Cornwall III.

Greg

Last edited by gtubes; 06-24-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdebonth View Post
+1

Panels on stands at the side wall reflection points and a carpet would go a long way as Cyril mentioned. With the CR1s' concentric CST driver the need for a highly treated room is minimized. Check out the video interview with Andrew Jones where he explains it in great detail.
Thanks jdebonth,
CR1s are at the top on my list but the first demo model arrives on October! I will probably have to make an educated guess. I am not also sure whether Lamm M1.2 will drive them properly.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc602 View Post
What a fantastic space!! A dream. What about the Focal Stella Utopia EM?
Thanks Greg,
I have never auditioned Focal speakers. Just heard them play very loudly with Vitus amps last year at the Munich show.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Beautiful big room, I look forward to seeing your final choice.
Thanks Ivan
Will keep you posted on the search.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:35 PM

Thimios...good luck with the speaker search and you have a lovely room. You cannot go wrong with any of the speakers you are considering. As always, listening to them with your equipment in your room is the best way to go, if you can manage to do that. Good luck and look forward to following your system's evolution
Old 06-24-2012, 04:50 PM

If I had a space that large and the budget I'd demo some MBL 101E's or maybe some Tannoy Westminster Royal SE's. Also the Wilson Maxx 3, oh man my head is swimming with possibilities...................
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2-Channel System: Luxman L590Aii, D-05 CD/SACD ,VPI Classic 3 (Rolling Stone photo shoot table), VPI SDS, Shelter 501 MKII , Wilson Audio Duette,Shunyata Denali 6000T, Anaconda Zitron, Alpha Digital, and Black Mamba power cables, Tara Labs RSC Air 2 speaker wire, RSC Prime M1 IC's.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBattles View Post
If I had a space that large and the budget I'd demo some MBL 101E's or maybe some Tannoy Westminster Royal SE's. Also the Wilson Maxx 3, oh man my head is swimming with possibilities...................
Don...I think the pics make it look bigger than it is. Dimensions in feet are 13' x 23' x 8'. It's a long rectangle basically with an extra 3 ft of width where the stairs come up into the room and towards the back of the room. I thoughts of the Maxx 3s but i think the Sashas would have no problems pressurizing that size room.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:29 PM

I am trying out now the CR1s for the last couple of days. Will post more later, but they are very good. I like them better than the W. Max actually... Tonally are much more accurate.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:50 PM

A pair of Sonus Faber Stradivari or Amati Futura will look awesome in that lovely space of yours.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:02 AM

I would also propose Amati Futura speakers and Aerial VT20 or new Joseph Audio Pearl 3.
I've heard many speakers and found some that underestimated from reviewers -due to other business reasons- might offer greater value and performance.

For example Joseph audio reference line speakers always showing with modest gear and despite that you get the most open sound from conventional type of speaker and a naturalness in timbres unlike any other mechanical contenders.

Aerial speakers also fit that rule.

On the other hand you are getting more value and true full range performance with the above speakers and do not compromise to 50hz low region of Raidho or little lower of Q1.

Just food for thought Thimios and enjoy your speaker hunt. The ride is hillarious