AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Automobiles

Automobiles Need for Speed

Old 01-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Bun E. Carlos

Default C7 Corvette.......Only a week away!

Can't wait for the new C7 Vette to be unveiled next weekend in Detroit. I sold my 07' Z06 last summer to get the new C7. Come on 01-13-13!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:07 AM

Do you have a list of all the options improvements etc on the new C7 over the Z06? I am sure like a ZR1 the insurance for this beast is more too
Old 01-06-2013, 10:22 AM

I'm gonna wait until 2014 to trade in my '09 so they can work out the bugs.

Home Main System:
Magnepan 20.7, Pass Labs XA 100.5, Audio Research Reference 6, Esoteric P-03, D-03, G0-Rb, DV-60, Clearaudio Innovation & Tangent arm, VPI HW19 MK4 & ET 2.5 arm, Mark Levinson 37, Aesthetix Rhea Signature, Magnum Dynalab Etude, Kiseki PHS, Sumiko Palos Santos Presentation,Wireworld, Crystal Absolute Dream, Shunyata, Acoustic Zen, and Stealth cables

Other
Avalon Arcus, Snell Type AIII, Tympani IV, Green Mountain Europa, Martin Logan CLS, Tympani 1D, Counterpoint, GAS, Yamaha, Levinson, Perreaux, Proceed, Theta, Linn, and other collectibles, including 60 different headphones and 30+ headphone amps, over 60 cartridges, and too many cables, stands, and tweaks to list.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:31 AM

I read that the C7 will not be available until next fall
Old 01-06-2013, 12:14 PM
Just Pure Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KW View Post
I read that the C7 will not be available until next fall
It previews this coming week to the press and the Detroit auto show is open to the public begining 01/19 thru the 27th.

A lot of hoopla surrounding the C7 and it will be one of the biggies of the show this year.

Bob
Analogue Preamp:VAC Renaissance SE Phono stage in Silver Flake with XLR Output Option & with Nordost Valhalla XLR's.
Analogue Sources:SME 20/2 w/SME V arm & Nordost Odin 2 Tone Arm Cable, Palo Santos Presentation Cartridge & Akai GX-400D Reel-to-Reel w/relapped heads by JRF Magnetic Sciences. Akai RC-17 cabled remote (original owner since 1974).
Vibration Control:TT on HRS M3X2-1921 shelf.
Speakers:Wilson Audio Alexia V (on order in Ferrari Argento Silver/Parchment grills sitting on Acoustic Diode Kit).
Power Cables:4 Nordost Odin Supreme Reference on amps, preamp & DAC. Ansuz Acoustics C2 on Transport & Clock.
Power Distribution:Ansuz Mainz D3 Distributor & Ansuz Mainz C2 1M Power Cable
Power Outlets:Furutech GTX-D NCF (R) duplex outlet, GTX Wall Plate & Duplex Cover (x2) on dedicated, same panel phase, 20A breakers.
Speaker Cables:2M Nordost Odin 2 Supreme Reference on Nordost Sort Lifts. (on Order)
Signal Cables:Nordost Odin XLR's on dCS DAC & Amps.
Digital Cables: Nordost Odin 2's, 110-ohm AES/EBU on dCS Transport to DAC.
Clock Cables:5 each 75 ohm 1.25M Nordost Valhalla BNC/BNC Digital
Ethernet Cable: WireWorld Platinum 1M Starlight® 8 Twinax
Headphones:Vintage Koss Pro IV AA.
RCM: Audio Desk PRO
Tube Test Gear:Mint late '60's/calibrated Heathkit TT-1A, MaxiMatcher Power Amp & Preamp & Space Tech Labs ATT-3.02 tube test sets.

Last edited by vintage_tube; 01-06-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:35 PM

This was copied from todays Detroit News

Now, how is this supposed to be fair?

No matter what boldly conceived concept vehicles or irresistible new cars and trucks are displayed at the 2013 North American International Auto Show, the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette rules over them.

At least four-dozen concept and new production vehicles will debut at Cobo Center during the show, which is open to the public from Jan. 19 to 27.

But the much-anticipated, seventh-generation Corvette is like the Blue Man Group showing up at Sunday school. Everybody wants to see it. They'll deliver their opinions, set dreams for the future and maybe place orders.

Throughout the past month, Chevrolet teased the 'Vette-loving public with a series of dramatic videos. One alludes to the new car's unprecedented level of electronic systems integration. The exciting shape and well-crafted interior are glimpsed in others.

The instantly recognizable 'Vette has more sharply creased character lines and dramatically peaked front fenders. Sills and spoilers flare further. Louvers and scoops abound — but designers eschewed the jet-fighter look, instead updating the recent tradition of a sly grin on the 'Vette's face.

Thanks to broad use of carbon fiber, magnesium and aluminum, the 'Vette will weigh about 10 percent less. Making approximately 450 horsepower, the 6.2-liter V-8 engine is outfitted with direct-injection technology and variable valve timing for more efficient combustion, but four cylinders shut down during relaxed highway cruising, helping the car to return excellent fuel economy.

Buyers will choose between an eight-speed automatic or seven-speed manual transmission.

Four tailpipes bunch together in the rear, providing a signature adios when the 'Vette pulls away. With specifications and design features like these, continued competitiveness with top-tier sports cars is assumed
Old 01-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Vinyl, Baby!

I would think the time to buy one is after Corvette Racing has had a chance to develop and teeth the race car. That is when you'll get the real improvements to the road going car. Until they've raced it it's not really done.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:47 PM

If this is what it's going to look like then I look's more like a Ferrari F12 Homage to me, at least from a profile view. You can decide if that's a good thing or not

2014 Chevrolet Corvette C7 Secret Info and Renderings - News - Car and Driver

Video Find: 2013 Ferrari F12 Berlinetta Unveiled, Driven By F1 Stars - WOT on Motor Trend
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2-Channel System: Luxman L590Aii, D-05 CD/SACD ,VPI Classic 3 (Rolling Stone photo shoot table), VPI SDS, Shelter 501 MKII , Wilson Audio Duette,Shunyata Denali 6000T, Anaconda Zitron, Alpha Digital, and Black Mamba power cables, Tara Labs RSC Air 2 speaker wire, RSC Prime M1 IC's.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWJW View Post
Can't wait for the new C7 Vette to be unveiled next weekend in Detroit. I sold my 07' Z06 last summer to get the new C7. Come on 01-13-13!
I also can't wait for the unveiling! I plan on running my 11 Grand Sport for a few more years but I know the new car is going to be awesome. I'm sure they have been tuning on the mag ride shocks along with less weight is going to make for a sweet machine.

Last edited by abenson; 01-06-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:55 PM

I too am looking forward to this...I hope the spy pic/renders are wrong about the square tailpipes though!

New Z06 should be out next year!