AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Shooting Sports

Shooting Sports Guns & Ammo

Old 12-23-2017, 12:05 PM

It's subjective to the situation.

We have a Kuna porch light camera. When motion is detected our cell phone is alerted and we have visual HD and two way communications. We live in a relatively safe area but still it pays to be situationally alert.
Amps: VTL 450MKII, Speakers: B&W 801S-3, Full Function Pre-Amp: McIntosh C-2500, Multi-Format Digital Disc Player: Esoteric DV-50. Hard Drive Based Digital Playback: Mac Mini w/Esoteric D-07 DAC. Vinyl Playback:Technics SL-1210MKII w/Jelco 750 arm , Denon DL-103r w/hardwood body and Denon DP-500M w/Jelco 750 arm and AT-14sa. Power and Cabling: PS Audio Power Plant Premier, Cabling=various mid level MIT.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:45 AM

Yes. I pocket carry a 38 snub nose and have a CHP/CCW license. My hand is in my pocket when I answer the door.

Only a few times have I answered the door with my 45 concealed only by the door itself.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:46 AM

If I don't know you I don't open the door period. I always have a firearm handy anywhere I am. Crime happens everywhere.
Old 01-30-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
. . . . Living in a rural area like I do, everyone knows that everyone else is armed. Country folks don't mess around about personal safety and don't take kindly to strangers or trespassers. Out here, calling 911 means you may get a Sheriff's Deputy to show up in 15 minutes if you're lucky. If and when seconds may matter it's up to me to protect myself and Marlene. In a life threatening situation I prefer a 9mm pistol in my hand than a cellphone.
That's kind of like rule #9 in Ten Simple Rules for Dating My Daughter. "Don't lie to me, I have a shotgun, a shovel and five acres in the back yard."

I don't own a gun, but if I did, it would be an Uzi or AR15. I'm a so-so shot and I need to get off a lot of rounds in a hurry!

No one I know opens the door for anyone they don't know. If they say there is an emergency outside, I will call 911 for them. I know people in very good neighborhoods who have been held up by people feigning an emergency.

Last edited by GaryProtein; 01-30-2018 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohibaman View Post
If so, concealed or open?
No. Where do you guys live?
Old 01-30-2018, 05:34 PM

At his Parkland house, Ivan answers his door with a remote... that controls a half a dozen or so MC 1.2K amps!
Dynaudio Heritage Special. Uptone Audio EtherRegen Ethernet Switch. Akasa NUC 10i7 with Roon Rock. Bryston BDP-3 Digital Music Player (with 4 Tb Internal SSD and Synology DS920+ NAS)-->Holo Audio May Kitsune Edition DAC-->Shunyata Sigma USB—>Gryphon Diablo 120 Integreted Amp w Transpatent XL PC. Oppo BDP-105D and BDP-203. Power: Shunyata Hydra Sigma S12 PD. Additional Cabling: WW Silver Electra PC, WW Electra PC, Shunyata Venom 3 PC. Digital: WW Starlight Ethernet, WW Gold Starlight AES-EBU, WW Platinum Starlight USB. IC and Speaker: WW Eclipse 8.

Bedroom System
Ipad with MusicStreamer App-->Schiit Jotunheim DAC/Amp—>Audeze LCD-XC, Focal for Bentley Radiance HO, Massdrop E-MU Teak HP. AK SE 200 DAP.

Mobile Survival Kit
Astell & Kern SP1000M. Noble Kaiser Encore IEM with Double Helix Balanced cable, Westone W80 IEM w ALOaudio Ref 8 cable, Westone W60 IEM, Shure se535 Ltd with Westone Bluetooth Wireless cable-amp. Mark Levinson No. 5909 Wireless HP.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robfine View Post
At his Parkland house, Ivan answers his door with a remote... that controls a half a dozen or so MC 1.2K amps!
Hahahahaha