AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Integrated

Integrated All in one, Still in Style

Old 07-13-2018, 06:10 PM

Default Rotel RC-1592 Integrated Amp

I have an audio system in my garage. I was powering it with the Parasound Halo P5 preamp and the Halo A23 power amp. I decided I wanted to consolidate boxes and go to an Integrated amp. I chose to buy the Rotel RA-1592. This is a 200 wpc unit. To start with the packaging is first rate. The integrated amp is double boxed and there is a foam piece to keep everything in its place.

The hookup took me an hour total to remove the Parasound items and hook up the Rotel amp. I didn’t need any instructions to get things up and running. It was very much self explanatory. I have only listened with the Rotel for maybe 2 hours thus far. I was surprised that the Rotel seemed cleaner in the midrange. I needed less of a bass and treble boost compared to the Parasound pieces.

The Rotel has more inputs on the rear of the unit that I could ever need. I like that there are A and B speaker outputs as well. I don’t normally blast out the volume in the garage. There was adequate power from the Rotel. Thus far I am more than pleased with the RA-1592. By the way, the price was $2500 USD.

Last edited by Mamrak1; 07-14-2018 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:53 PM
McKlipschead

That’s a real nice integrated for the garage system, or in any room for that matter. Congrats!
Old 07-14-2018, 03:20 PM

As I am in retirement mode, I am trying to make some long term purchases to my audio system. The garage is my art studio so I spend considerable time there. I might as well have a nice audio setup in that location.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamrak1 View Post
As I am in retirement mode, I am trying to make some long term purchases to my audio system. The garage is my art studio so I spend considerable time there. I might as well have a nice audio setup in that location.
makes sense, I like Rotel, I've owned their 1072 CD player in a second system for years and have always felt it to be a superb player.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:29 PM

I have an RA-1592 on my Dynaudio Special 40 bedroom setup. I don't think you can get more simple and straight forward than Rotel. They're hard to beat in $/(watts+features).

Is the RC different than the RA?
Old 07-14-2018, 04:08 PM

I think I have my letter designation incorrect. I should have typed RA-1592 as the proper integrated amp.
Old 02-22-2019, 07:58 AM

Last year I bought a Rotel RA-1592 instead of my Yamaha AX497, and I was very, very disappointed... if you know the Yamaha did cost about 360$ 10 years ago. The Rotel did not sound better whatever I tried. I sold it again 3 months later. What a piece of crap for that price (sorry for my words). Then I decided to buy some real stuff, second hand, and found a McIntosh MA7000. Jeezzz, that is an integrated!
Old 02-22-2019, 07:50 PM

The Rotel isn't the last word in detail retrieval and its 200W/channel (while more conservatively rated than AVRs) isn't in the same league as the Naim 80W/channel in a direct comparison. I find the Rotel works best with less demanding speakers. B&W's older 600 and CM series sounded great with them. But with something like a KEF LS50 or Focal Kanta No 2 or KEF R3, I just couldn't get the Rotel to drive them convincingly whereas the Naim Uniti Nova didn't even break out a sweat.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:10 AM

I have the same idea. Especially in the lower regions. It sounded muddy, uncontrolled. My cheap Yamaha did better I must say. No, I didn't want to listen to it any longer.