AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Turntables & Vinyl > Vinyl & Accessories

Vinyl & Accessories Food for the Soul

Old 01-15-2022, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieFerric View Post
With over 5000 vinyl LP's in my collection the idea of a spreadsheet is nice, but implementing it would be a formidable task for which I'm just too lazy to even consider.

Awesome collection Freddie. If you ever do feel like cataloguing your collection, Collectorz.com offers a great suite of options, including an online database, Windows software, and iOS apps that all sync. You can add albums by scanning a bar code, or entering a catalog number or artist/title and select from their database. It works pretty well for me most of the time, although I’m only at about 1,000 albums.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 01-16-2022, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
Five thousand? Wow. I have maybe 700 or so (guesstimate). Some of your 5,000 probably haven't been played in a while. I have an old InDesign file I could update, so I have a head start (619 LPs in 2007); you, however, need a system or an inventory list to keep up with that many!

As for RCMs, my VPI HW-16.5 still works after 27 years. Cleaning the felt on the pick-up tubes, I've realized, is a good idea. I also bought some new Mobile Fidelity brushes and a Zerostat, despite the fact I hardly play records these days. That needs to change, as I've started buying again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
Awesome collection Freddie. If you ever do feel like cataloguing your collection, Collectorz.com offers a great suite of options, including an online database, Windows software, and iOS apps that all sync. You can add albums by scanning a bar code, or entering a catalog number or artist/title and select from their database. It works pretty well for me most of the time, although I’m only at about 1,000 albums.
It's an odd story. Years ago a collector was murdered and her family didn't want the huge collection. I wanted it for all the classical music box sets it contained, but didn't really want a lot of the other titles (my wife did like all the movie soundtracks though). Anyway, their position was take it all or take none. So...

I have to admit I've done a poor job at organizing the collection. I have all of my own LP's and all the remasters that I've bought alphabetized and organized on a separate part of the shelf system and I have a good understanding of the classical box sets. As for the rest, its hunt and peck.

I really need to get into it and do something about it or put a lot of titles up for sale. Selling LP's By The Pound...
McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Oasis 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest Columbia 72 DBS IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)
Old 01-16-2022, 01:06 PM

Quote:
…or put a lot of titles up for sale. Selling LP's By The Pound...
Add me to your mailing list[emoji41]
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 01-16-2022, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Add me to your mailing list[emoji41]
Come on down! I'll turn you on to a hundred or so. Random lot.
McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Oasis 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest Columbia 72 DBS IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)
Old 01-16-2022, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Come on down! I'll turn you on to a hundred or so. Random lot.

You never now - I have a couple of good friends in Lafayette, and it’s on my short list for post-Omicron travel, so NOLA would be on the itinerary for sure.
Old 01-16-2022, 09:08 PM

@freddieferric - add me to the list of folks interested in the collection if you sold big portions or all of it. Could be a quite interesting project. Of course, tony has dibs!
Old 01-17-2022, 10:58 AM

Quote:
You never now - I have a couple of good friends in Lafayette, and it’s on my short list for post-Omicron travel, so NOLA would be on the itinerary for sure.
Lafayette huh. Home of the Rajin' Cajuns, my older brothers alma mater. I have a nephew that lives in Lafayette.

Hit me up when you get here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdcuba View Post
@freddieferric - add me to the list of folks interested in the collection if you sold big portions or all of it. Could be a quite interesting project. Of course, tony has dibs!
Got lots my friend.
Old 01-21-2022, 10:50 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
It's an odd story. Years ago a collector was murdered and her family didn't want the huge collection. I wanted it for all the classical music box sets it contained, but didn't really want a lot of the other titles (my wife did like all the movie soundtracks though). Anyway, their position was take it all or take none. So...

I have to admit I've done a poor job at organizing the collection. I have all of my own LP's and all the remasters that I've bought alphabetized and organized on a separate part of the shelf system and I have a good understanding of the classical box sets. As for the rest, its hunt and peck.

I really need to get into it and do something about it or put a lot of titles up for sale. Selling LP's By The Pound...
The "genesis" of an idea. I'm sure you'll figure something out.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks

Last edited by prepress; 01-28-2022 at 08:19 PM.
Old 01-27-2022, 11:49 PM

I have been considering a new RCM and the Degritter has me interested. The only thing I would worry is if it needed to be serviced and where that would be in the US. Do they have a service center or would you take it back to your dealer. My only dealer is a couple of hours away.
My System: Amp-McIntosh MC611(2) :Pre-McIntosh C2700, MP1100 :CD/SACD-McIntosh MCD600 :Speakers-McIntosh XR100 :Power Controller-McIntosh MPC1500 :Turntable-VPI HW40 Ortofon Cadenza Black :Cables-Morrow PH5,MA5 and Elite Speaker Cables :Headphones-McIntosh MPH1000 :Record Cleaner Klaudio KD-CLN-LP200T
Thanks,
Bill
Old 02-06-2022, 05:05 PM
Member of the Music Squad

I received my Degritter 2 weeks ahead of expected delivery time, it's been running non stop, over 200 records cleaned (2800 to go LOL), very pleased with this unit
Sonus Faber Elipsa SE | REL S/812 | Goldmund Telos 280 | EAR Yoshino 912 | Merason DAC1 | Innuos ZENith Mk3 | Clearaudio Innovation Basic + TT5 + Lyra Delos | Studer A810+A807 | Nakamichi Dragon | RDacoustic Hybrid Acoustic Diffuser