AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Guestbook > Personal Introductions

Personal Introductions Feel free to sign in

Old 04-17-2012, 06:21 PM
Love Those Tunes

Welcome to the forum, Mark! My relatives have been in GA since 1784.
Tandberg TD20A, Harmon Kardon HK 400xM
PPP, Power Port, WW Ag Eclipse IC's & Speaker Cables, WW Ag Electra PC's
Old 04-17-2012, 06:23 PM
From the BAT cave ...

Mark, welcome aboard and thanks for the support right out of the gate!
Old 04-18-2012, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsv_1 View Post
Welcome Mark! Do you have plans to rebuild and/or enhance your audio system along with your vinyl collection? If so, we'd love to hear anything you may wish to share.

Cheers
My house system is all vintage (1980's) Kyocera. I have an R-861 receiver, a D-811 casette deck, a DA-710cx CD player, a Cybernet CP200D turntable and Polk Audio, Monitor 70 speakers. The turntable is soon to be replaced with a Denon DP-47F. Beyond that I plan to educate myself and make other decisions regarding future additions or changes to the system.

When I was young I was little concerned with the specs for the equipment I owned but now I'm more interested in understanding the performance specs for the components that make up my audio system. What's surprising is just how much information is out there! I've been researching turntables and I find myself swimming in all the data, it's almost overwhelming but it's also great fun.

Mark B...
Old 04-18-2012, 07:12 AM
World's Oldest Audiophile

Mark,

I am so happy to welcome a fellow Georgian to this great forum. I have been outnumbered and overpowered for far too long by all these Yankees from New York, Florida, Belgium, and stuff.

Maybe we can start up a little band of fellow Rebs to prove once and for all that most of the intelligence and good sense in the world is centered right here in the deep south.

Welcome!!!!

Julian

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado

I have a record player and a cd player and some other stuff that sounds pretty good.

MAIN SYSTEM: . . . Audio Physic Caldera III Loudspeakers, Spectral DMC 30SL Preamp, Spectral DMA 250 Amp, Spectral/MIT interconnects and speaker cable, Basis Debut V Vacuum turntable, Walker Precision Speed Controller, Graham tonearm, [B]Koetsu Rosewood or Grado Statement 1 Cartridges, PASS - X-ono Phono Stage, Esoteric K03 CD/SACD Player, Lexicon RT-20 Universal Player, Exact Power EP-15A & SP-15A power regeneration and conditioning devices. Symposium Acoustics Svelte pads & RollerBlock Jr's under speakers. ASC Tube Traps, Arcici Suspense Rack System, OPPO and Cambridge Streaming Devices.

DOWNSTAIRS SYSTEM: . . . Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento Speakers, JL Audio F112 Sub, McIntosh MA7000 Integrated Amp, McIntosh MVP871 Universal Disc Player, OPPO BDP-105 Blu-Ray Player, VPI Scoutmaster with periphery ring clamp, VPI SDS Motor Drive, Koetsu Pro IV, or Clearaudio Discovery Cartridges, Mark Levinson No. 25s phono stage, Wadia 170i Transport with a Meridian Bitstream 203 DAC, VPI HW-17 Pro Record Cleaning Machine, Five Richard Gray RGPC 400 devices scattered around the two systems, Arcici Suspense Rack System, Discovery Essence and Essential Cables, 14,000 ± LPs .
Old 04-18-2012, 07:25 AM

Welcome to the club!

Home Main System:
Magnepan 20.7, Pass Labs XA 100.5, Audio Research Reference 6, Esoteric P-03, D-03, G0-Rb, DV-60, Clearaudio Innovation & Tangent arm, VPI HW19 MK4 & ET 2.5 arm, Mark Levinson 37, Aesthetix Rhea Signature, Magnum Dynalab Etude, Kiseki PHS, Sumiko Palos Santos Presentation,Wireworld, Crystal Absolute Dream, Shunyata, Acoustic Zen, and Stealth cables

Other
Avalon Arcus, Snell Type AIII, Tympani IV, Green Mountain Europa, Martin Logan CLS, Tympani 1D, Counterpoint, GAS, Yamaha, Levinson, Perreaux, Proceed, Theta, Linn, and other collectibles, including 60 different headphones and 30+ headphone amps, over 60 cartridges, and too many cables, stands, and tweaks to list.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:48 AM

Welcome Mark!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprice View Post
Mark,

I am so happy to welcome a fellow Georgian to this great forum. I have been outnumbered and overpowered for far too long by all these Yankees from New York, Florida, Belgium, and stuff.

Maybe we can start up a little band of fellow Rebs to prove once and for all that most of the intelligence and good sense in the world is centered right here in the deep south.

Welcome!!!!

Julian

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado
Julian,

In the interest of full disclosure, I am a native Floridian born of northern parents. My Mom from Pennsylvania and my Dad from Maine. I moved to Georgia in 1987 and have called it home since. For many years I worked in the oil industry, living in all the Gulf Coast states and Alaska, but I've spent the majority of my life here and consider myself a Georgian.

Though my parents are northern born they had the good sense to settle in the south and I am very glad they did. I think they are too.

To your point I am proud to stand with you in support of the grand lifestyle that we enjoy here in the south and the wisdom that can only be found and appreciated here. For those born elsewhere, it may be difficult to appreciate the gentile manner in which we live our lives here in the south. (Conjur images from Gone With the Wind). But Bless Their Hearts, they can't help it.

To my northern friends, I'm sure you love your homes as much as I love mine.

American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God!

Mark B...

Last edited by AweDeOh; 04-18-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:45 PM
The Eagles are back.

Aboard Mark
Old 04-18-2012, 02:51 PM
Music Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by AweDeOh View Post
I'm a firm believer in providing financial support to the forums. I've learned alot from forums such as AA and others and feel it's the least I can do. The subscriber rate is a small price to pay for such a wealth of knowledge.

Mark B...
Hi Mark,
Great point. Welcome.
Mcintosh MC205,MX150,MS300,MVP871,Pioneer BDP-51FD,Roku,Pioneer Signature Elite 141,Furman It-Reference15,Sonus Faber Cremonas
Two Channel Room
Mcintosh MC501's,C2300,MCD500, ClearAudio Emotion TT,Furman It-Reference15,Sonus Faber Elipsas,Sonos Connect