AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Bryston Audio

Bryston Audio Unlimited, Unprecedented, Unequalled

Old 05-18-2010, 05:29 AM

Default Customer Feedback - Testimonial

Hi James,

In my search for a pair stereo stand mounts in February 2009, I was referred to Leonard Goh of AFA Electronics Pte Ltd in Singapore by Sam Thomas of PMC from the UK. After auditioning a number of brands I decided to go with a pair of Dynaudio. However, during the audition process I was very impressed with Bryston electronics as compared to other renowned brands such as Pass Labs, Plinius, Bel Canto, Primare, Exposure, and Naim Audio.

Another unforgettable moment was the dedication and professionalism of your local dealer, Leonard Goh. Though I did not commit to make any purchase but he allow me to test a number of PMC speakers using Bryston electronics and he patiently go through all my questions allowing me to audition at my pleasure with no pressure to purchase. Above all he did all these while having breathing difficulties due to his health condition but his physical condition did not take away his passion in music and providing me the best audition I ever had.

One year forward in February 2010, I was in the process of revamping my audio electronics I did not hesitate for a moment to go back to AFA and give a second listen to Bryston. Again I was blown away by Bryston sound stage, depth and dynamic transient with solid control of both extreme frequencies. The wide sound stage was layered precisely to the point you could tell exactly where each instrument is (almost visually)! After several auditions including the above mentioned brands I came to an informed decision based on my music preferences and characteristics.

By early April 2010 I purchased the BDA-1, BP26, MPS2 and 4BSST2. Not long after installing the BP26 I had a small issue on the BP26. I noted the image suffered a little at low listening level but the problem disappears once you turn up the volume a little. The right speaker is a little louder than the left speaker creating a shift of the center stage to the right side. I switched the output connection to the amplifier from right out from BP26 to left into power amp and left out from BP26 to right into power amp the imbalance of loudness switches to the other speaker. I also tried both balance and unbalance output from the BP 26 and as well as different input source and the result was the same. I must emphasize this only occurs at very low listening levels and it is not an issue at normal listening levels.

According to Brian Russell the analogue pot and the channels track within 1/4 of db which in this case is within specification. Brian and Leonard understood my peculiar listening levels and had my BP26 air freight back to Canada, replaced it with a hand match volume control, go through the mandatory bench test, air freight back to Singapore, clear the custom and send it to my door step all in a month time!

In my humble opinion Bryston sales & service support is by far the best I have ever came across in my entire life and Bryston warranty their products for 20 years. The warranty period is a very strong statement especially in the International markets and many high end consumer place high value in a product that has high quality sound, made in Canada, with 20 years warranty and provide such exemplified sales and service support.

Thank you.

John L.

PS: I am keen to hear if others (domestic or global) have similar overwhelming product support from Bryston
Old 05-22-2010, 01:49 PM

Hi John,I had a amp issue(28s)where my audio dealer wasn't quite up to par on the biasing.
They ran so hot I could only have my hand on there for maybe 5-9 seconds.
Anyway between James Tanner and Bryston it was decided Stuart Taylor was going to fly out here(Alberta)and fix the problem.Imagine that,take time to fly here across Canada,probably a 2-3 day out of the way expense.The amps did get rebiased by the
dealer instead of a 3-4 hr.adjustment,I guess ideally they need about 3days.
Talk about SERVICE+look after your customer attitude,even for the normal guy.
Another way to show how HOT the amps got Is:so Don how hot are they,
Their so hot that their hotter than a snakes ass in a wagonwheel rut in the Arizona Desert)That's HOT.The people and philosphy that Bryston has is SUPERB.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Retired

When I ask how to purchase a coiled AC cord for one of my pair of 2B-LP amps back in the '80s, Bryston simply sent me one. When I purchased a third 2B-LP, but used, 2B-LP and sent to Bryston service in VT for a check-up, they checked it out and sent back at no cost. Not even shipping $. When I ordered a B-60R in the '90s and ask for a phono-stage, they had never built one with that option before. However, it only took about a month for them to turn one out for me. If I had not gone over to the 'dark side' (tubes) I would likely dig up another pair of 2B-LP amps and a matching BP25. To my ears, nothing sounds as clean as a single set of output devices per channel.

Not sure that Bryston could afford to do these things today..........but was exceptional customer service.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 07-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Formerly YB-2.......Great to hear. This is exactly how great customer loyalty is generated, and new customers are convinced to come on board. It is satisfied customers that keep a company's spreadsheet in the black. Customer service, both before, during, and after the sale, is what instills confidence in a manufacturer's products, and keeps people returning for more gear, and talking positively about the products to others. Way to go, Bryston.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 07-14-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Formerly YB-2.......Great to hear. This is exactly how great customer loyalty is generated, and new customers are convinced to come on board. It is satisfied customers that keep a company's spreadsheet in the black. Customer service, both before, during, and after the sale, is what instills confidence in a manufacturer's products, and keeps people returning for more gear, and talking positively about the products to others. Way to go, Bryston.

Hear, Hear!