AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Home Theater

Home Theater Novice to Sublime

Old 02-21-2022, 02:23 PM

I haven't chosen the amps yet (sold my Classe 5 channel)...leaning towards the Anthems (they have 2 levels), but am waiting to figure out the speaker layout and number first (my contractor is figuring out where it all goes). Nothing moves fast in our current world!!
Old 03-26-2022, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KahunaCanuck View Post
Well I have ordered the Anthem AVM 90, it is supposed to arrive next month...will update you when I have everything up and running!
Have you gotten your AVM90 yet?

I am highly considering getting it as it appears to be able to perform a 1st in DSP based SSP's. It's apparently able to run and perform ARC natively up to 192/24. That's Altitude32 only territory as far as I am aware as it can process natively @ 192/24 up to 24 channels, no other SSP to my knowledge can run their respective onboard room EQ above 96/24 with many only running at 48/24.

The Altitude16 and Datasat LS10 can run at 96/24. Not sure about the Lyngdorf/McIntosh SSP's. The Storm Audio ISP Elite MK series only run at 48/24.

What the AVM90 lacks compared to it's competitors is no Auro3D support which is disappointing. Obviously native Auro3D content is practically speaking non existing however the Auro-matic up mixer is apparently quite good as an alternative to Dolby/dtx.
Old 03-27-2022, 08:56 PM

I get mine this week hopefully! It seems to have some nice little upgrades due to the delay, 2.1 HDMIs as well...
Old 03-28-2022, 03:41 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by KahunaCanuck View Post
I get mine this week hopefully! It seems to have some nice little upgrades due to the delay, 2.1 HDMIs as well...
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 04-15-2022, 01:52 PM

Well my project is finally almost complete...it took more work than I thought, including heavy duty negotiations with my wife, who won this round . I was skeptical about in-wall speakers, but to keep the peace we went with them. Since adding the subs I am thoroughly impressed however and can say this is my best sounding theater yet. To make the in-walls happen we had to build a new wall 4 inches out from the current one, as all of the house power went through that wall (of course!!).

In the end, I decided to go with synergy, and bought the new Anthem AVM90 Pro, along with their amps (2 x Gen 2 MCA 525 + 1 MCA 225) for the 11 channels. BDI Elements cabinet for the equipment. We then added Paradigm speakers front (E7LCR 3 way in walls), rear (E2LCR 2 way in walls) and because we have no left wall, the side surrounds were put in the ceiling (E80As x 2), along with the 4 Atmos (E80s x 4). The final piece was REL subs, S812s for the front left and right, TX9 for the center channel & 2 more TX9s for the surrounds and Atmos. Sources are Apple TV 4k, 4k Cable & Sony UBP-X800M2 UHD Blu Ray player.

We did a rough calibration with the ARC before the subs arrived, but this weekend the final calibrations will occur.

Video is the Screen Innovations 120" Zero Edge Pro Black Diamond 8k, with the JVC DLA NZ8 Laser Projector.

I was expecting great things from the video side, and I am happy with the results, but the sound side was a revelation...cannot believe how good it sounds already. I have been playing with Apple Music Spatial mixes and some of them are really good. More work to come to dial it all in...

Old 04-15-2022, 09:12 PM

Amazing home theater! So, 5 subs in all? We use the BDI elements cabinet in a far more modest home media room -- I like the design. Whose in-wall speakers did you choose?
Main - Roon on Synology/Sonos Port/SoTM Neo endpoints; Chord Qutest, Bryston BP-17 cubed with phono option; EAT C-sharp with Ortofon Bronze MM, Bryston cubed Amplifier; Revel F126Be on custom Atocha stands; interconnects by WireWorld, furniture by Atocha Design 'Phones Audeze LCD-3, Bryston BHA-1; Office: Sonos/Roon; OPPO HA-1, Naim NAP100 and PSB Mini-C. Media Room:, Samsung QLED QN90 series, Sonos, OPPO 205, ATI N-core driving KEF LS-50's with REL subs; furniture by Glassisimo; Kids - U-turn for vinyl, Sonos Play5; Summer Shack - Sonos, vintage Pioneer, Dynaudio Special 40's.
Old 04-16-2022, 02:53 AM

+1

Last edited by Big B; 04-19-2022 at 02:31 AM.
Old 04-16-2022, 02:13 PM

Great room and system, congratulations.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 04-16-2022, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clpetersen View Post
Amazing home theater! So, 5 subs in all? We use the BDI elements cabinet in a far more modest home media room -- I like the design. Whose in-wall speakers did you choose?
Paradigm
Ci elite E7s in the front, E2s in the rear

Thx!
Old 04-22-2022, 05:06 PM

Great work! Love how the screen is set into a black "surround." Beautiful room! Nothing like a built to order dedicated HT room. Now just need the movies and popcorn!
Wilson DAW, ARC 160M Mk 2, 250SE, Ref 6SE, Ref 3SE, CD9SE, VPI TNT6 w/rim drive, 12" Fatboy/3D/12.7, LP1 clamp, Lyra Etna Lambda SL, Kleos, Koetsu Onyx, Vermillion, U Gold, TA Gen 5 Reference cables, Shunyata Triton 2/Typhon, 2000T, Alpha PCs, Furutech NCF on 3 dedicated lines. Home Theater: Stewart 123" Firehawk, JVC RS-500, Panasonic 4K player, Marantz 8802a, Wilson Center3+surrounds, GoldenEar HTR7000, JL f113, Parasound A51 and Krell 250a/3.

Last edited by lem321; 04-22-2022 at 05:09 PM.