AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Audio Research

Audio Research State of the Art Audio Reproduction

Old 06-04-2021, 01:25 PM

Default Interesting comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Prentice View Post
I find my digital end is fully satisfying... transparent, detailed, incredibly musical. My analog end is the same only slightly more detailed, and transparent. I get completely engrossed in my system with either end. If I feel a bit more nostalgic I’ll play an album... I have 2,000, most in pristine shape, many audiophile. But by far listen to my digital end the most... 90%+

The real important change with streaming that is audiophile quality is the whole world of music opens up... the WHOLE world. This is a paradym shift. The reason we listened so often to the same thing was because of the cost and difficulty... i used to save up for a month to buy an album. It is like going from film photography to digital. At first you do what you did... you wait around for a really unique opportunity to take a photo and only take one. After you get accustomed to it you take photos all the time... document all aspects take two of everything so one turns out. I took a one or two hundred photos a year with film and after the switch to digital over 10,000. My photography came alive once my behavior adapted to the new paradigm. I am now a great photographer... I was mediocre at best in the world of film. Streaming is the same kind of shift. Playing the same albums happens far less frequently as you learn how to explore. It is easy to add albums you like to your library (actually it just puts the location on your streamer) so when you want to listen to them again you can... but I find myself very seldom doing that. There is so much good music... past jazz greats in high Rez, world, electronic... classical... it is endless. It is a wonderful new world!

These are the good old days. In-home music reproduction has never been better! Colorado has opened up outside venues to full capacity so we'll have some concerts to go to this summer. Yea!
Proac Response 1sc Rears,
Three MC2301's for L,C,R
MC 602 for the rears
C 1100, MX 151, MCD 1100, MR 80
Nottingham Dais with Wave Mechanic
Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation

SurfacePro 3, RPi 4, ROON, WW Starlight Platinum USB, Schiit Yggdrasil, Benchmark DAC3 HGC

MX 151, OppO BDP-95, JVC RS-500 DILA projector, 106" diagonal Stewart Luxus Screenwall Deluxe with Studiotek 130 G3 material.

Lake House:
Ohm F, MC 275V, C2300, MR 77, Rega P3

OnDeck:
McIntosh MAC 4300v

Last edited by W9TR; 06-04-2021 at 03:55 PM.