AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Klipsch Speakers

Klipsch Speakers Power. Detail. Emotion.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWJW View Post
The only think I don't care for?....S I Z E. Both systems are H U G E and have a wife acceptance factor or -100.
But wait... does the fact they are are placed in the corners and not out on the room count for anything even though they are large. They kind of look like vintage cabinets. And heck you can put knick-knacks and plants on them! Still a -100? Say it ain't so...
Old 11-12-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Large projector screen.
I have that same issue (I also have Cornwall's and a Heresy center). If I did use a Cornwall for the center - It would have to be a vertical so I could sit it on its side. !!! Love your system description!
Old 02-09-2014, 12:10 AM

I think the heritage stuff has a way better WAF than many speakers out there. My boss loves the Khorns. Put a vase with flowers on top the day I brought them home!
Old 02-09-2014, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
I think the heritage stuff has a way better WAF than many speakers out there. My boss loves the Khorns. Put a vase with flowers on top the day I brought them home!
Totally agree with you 1000%!
Old 02-09-2014, 11:31 AM

I am struggling now though. I have a full 7 channel IV Ref system RF-83, RC-64 and 4 RS-52 system for HT. I had a pair of Heresy for my living room stereo and recently picked up two Khorns and a Belle. I have the Heresy up for sale but I am thinking if I don't get rid fo them and the Belle, the temptation to go all heritage for the theater and scrap the RF gear is going to be overwhelming.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:03 PM
Rebellious!

Quote:
I'm telling you....a HUGE difference. Just know, the CWIII's are MUCH larger and a W.A.F. of ZERO....
First JWJW, you are awesome! - I would love to have a pair of Cornwalls and Klipschorns.

Now, for all those who MAY think that the Klipsch Heritage Series has a reduced Wife Acceptance Factor...

Contact Klipsch or an authorized dealer. Klipsch treats Heritage customers extremely well and will do just about anything you request. For example, you may want special color or finish. Klipsch will do that for you as they build most Heritage series to order.

Second, JWJW, you describe the BOOM in the bass. Do you think that there is anything to do with the timing? Where the Basshorn of the Klipschorn is roughly an eight foot folded horn vice the physically time aligned Cornwall?

I say that because I ended up using two MC275s as mono blocs (vertical stereo mode - where one channel on each amp does bass and the other does the Mid & Hi Horns) and the MEN220 to delay the Mid & Hi horns (along with custom ALK-ENG XO) to time align the bass with the treble. By using two MC275s I was able to match the amp gain/sensitivity and I adjusted the gain inside the MEN220 to account for the 97dB/w/m sensitive bass vs the 105+ dB/w/m Mid & Hi section. In other words, I had to lower the gain on the HF section.

After some basic testing with an iPhone SPL meter app and some test tones I got as close as I think to time alignment without really getting seriously involved. There is room to experiment and learn. Additionally the MEN220 offers the ability to design eq curves. I feel I could spend enough time to develop a Klipschorn eq curve that fits my taste. I look forward to getting enough time to do that, just not now. I get excited thinking about running room perfect and then selecting the eq curve that fits what I like. (and sometimes I think what if I had a pair of Jubilees!)

The only rub is, now, I have a lack of gear that can delay my subwoofer output. Right now I use a Yamaha HT receiver as a pre-amp and delay the subs to also match the HF/MID section. It is not ideal and music sounds much better with the subs off. However, for movies it does really make a difference to me. (My Solution is to get a separate HT system for movies and use the JL Audio Subs with movie watching)

Ah, I say that all to say that the Klipsch Heritage line is one of the most musically enjoying speakers that are out there for the masses. They are also visually pleasing. I have truly enjoyed music listening through all the different heritage models and has made this music loving hobby lots and lots of fun. Lastly,there is great history, value, and pride that I have learned since owning these. If Brands mean anything, learn from Klipsch and McIntosh.

Best,
Bill

Last edited by o0OBillO0o; 02-09-2014 at 02:07 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:59 PM
Rebellious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
I am struggling now though. I have a full 7 channel IV Ref system RF-83, RC-64 and 4 RS-52 system for HT. I had a pair of Heresy for my living room stereo and recently picked up two Khorns and a Belle. I have the Heresy up for sale but I am thinking if I don't get rid fo them and the Belle, the temptation to go all heritage for the theater and scrap the RF gear is going to be overwhelming.
If you have the room, keep the Heritage for music and the RF series for Movies.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:12 PM

The Khorns are NEVER leaving my 2 channel, if they do, it will just be because I found a different pair.

And honestly, the RF's hold their own with any multi channel input. I am sure a all heritage surround system would have something up on RF, but I can't really justify swapping anything out.

My lone Belle might be a nice upgrade to the RC-64, might try that out and see how it pairs with the rest of the RF stuff.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:47 PM

Considering they are basically theater speakers it would be rude to not go all Heritage! =)

It would actually truly a great thing to do home theater without the "H" part. Go for it!
Old 02-09-2014, 04:24 PM
Rebellious!

From my own experience, these are shot in my old house with a sub standard panorama camera app.

So from experience, the most challenging part by going all heritage WITH KLIPSCHORNS is integrating subwoofers.

Stick with a 2 Channel system and a HT system. They can exist in the same room. Just use one for music and one for movies.

I ended up with this; but now it all packed up because I am moving. :-(

Last edited by o0OBillO0o; 02-09-2014 at 06:21 PM.