AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Aerial Acoustics

Aerial Acoustics Exceptional Performance

Old 07-11-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davkj View Post
Count me in on a dedicated thread! Just placed my order for a pair of Rosenut 7t's!
Davkj,

First of all Welcome to AA!

Second, Congrats on your new Aerial Acoustic 7T's! I maybe the biggest Aerial fan here on AA, so please post some pictures when you have some free time. We would also like to hear your comments on what you think of the 7T's, and what influenced you to buy them.

Cheers,

Jim
Old 07-11-2012, 08:28 PM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Minibox... Welcome!
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 07-11-2012, 10:18 PM

Default Aerial 7t

I'll post some pics of the 7t's as soon as they arrive and I get them set up, probably late next week.

It was quite a trip ending up here. I started auditioning speakers last year, with a 5-6K budget. I started with the Magnapan 1.7 and 3.6, which were great - except for the lack of any real mid-bass punch - and that just wouldn't work for me. Then on to the B&W 804 Diamond, PSB Synchrony One, Totem Metal, Vandersteen Quattro Wood, Wilson Sasha (just slightly out of budget ), Sonus Faber Cremona M, the 7t, and for good measure the Magnapan 3.7. It really came down to 3 choices for me the PSB, Sonus Faber, and the 7t.

PSB Synchrony One - tremendous speaker for the money. It just seemed to lack some of the top end air that the more expensive speakers exhibit.

Cremona M - another great speaker, lovely midrange and highs, but lacking a bit in the bass. Very nice imaging.

Aerial 7t. - listened to these after the Cremona M, I was immediately struck by the transparency and neutrality of the mid-range. It had a lot of the qualities I liked in the Maggies, with no lack of midbass punch. It also seemed to go much deeper in the bass than the Cremona M, and was much, much more dynamic. So the budget went out the window.... Would love to hear what the 20t can do!

Now I need to move on to picking the amp and preamp.....
Old 07-12-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
I'll post some pics of the 7t's as soon as they arrive and I get them set up, probably late next week.

It was quite a trip ending up here. I started auditioning speakers last year, with a 5-6K budget. I started with the Magnapan 1.7 and 3.6, which were great - except for the lack of any real mid-bass punch - and that just wouldn't work for me. Then on to the B&W 804 Diamond, PSB Synchrony One, Totem Metal, Vandersteen Quattro Wood, Wilson Sasha (just slightly out of budget ), Sonus Faber Cremona M, the 7t, and for good measure the Magnapan 3.7. It really came down to 3 choices for me the PSB, Sonus Faber, and the 7t.

PSB Synchrony One - tremendous speaker for the money. It just seemed to lack some of the top end air that the more expensive speakers exhibit.

Cremona M - another great speaker, lovely midrange and highs, but lacking a bit in the bass. Very nice imaging.

Aerial 7t. - listened to these after the Cremona M, I was immediately struck by the transparency and neutrality of the mid-range. It had a lot of the qualities I liked in the Maggies, with no lack of midbass punch. It also seemed to go much deeper in the bass than the Cremona M, and was much, much more dynamic. So the budget went out the window.... Would love to hear what the 20t can do!

Now I need to move on to picking the amp and preamp.....
Davkj,

Thanks for the summary of how you got to making your decision. I am from SE PA so that is two things we have in common... PA and Aerial... I am going to have to find someone in my area of Houston who has the 7T's. I have heard and read so much about them that I need to hear them for myself. Recommended by Stereophile magazine in their Class A list...

When will they arrive?... Again congrats on your new purchase...
Old 07-12-2012, 08:48 PM

trek,

Actually, my folks lived in the Houston area for a number of years, so we have that in common too.

7t's are set for delivery tomorrow! Unfortunately my dedicated room is still under construction. I will probably set them up in place of my Dali's in the family room until the room is done. It's a less than ideal setup, but at least I can begin the break-in process.

What are you using to drive your 20t's? I need to start looking for an amp/preamp combo. I will try my BelCanto integrated and my old B&K EX442 amp, but I will be looking for something new.

Dave

Last edited by Davkj; 07-12-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
trek,

Actually, my folks lived in the Houston area for a number of years, so we have that in common too.

7t's are set for delivery tomorrow! Unfortunately my dedicated room is still under construction. I will probably set them up in place of my Dali's in the family room until the room is done. It's a less than ideal setup, but at least I can begin the break-in process.

What are you using to drive your 20t's? I need to start looking for an amp/preamp combo. I will try my BelCanto integrated and my old B&K EX442 amp, but I will be looking for something new.

Dave
Dave,

I moved to Houston in 1997 from Florida for a new job. It has turned out to be a nice place to live.

I am using 3 MC601's to power my front three, and an MC452 to run the surrounds. What center channel speaker did you get? I use to run my Aerial 7B's with two B&K amps which served me well for many years...
Old 07-14-2012, 08:01 AM
Rebellious!

The Aerial dedicated HT system and the fact that Sound Anchors makes stands for them have always had me on the lookout.

I'd read what people would have to say about them. I sure hope they post photos!
Old 07-14-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0OBillO0o View Post
The Aerial dedicated HT system and the fact that Sound Anchors makes stands for them have always had me on the lookout.

I'd read what people would have to say about them. I sure hope they post photos!

Here is a photo of my Aerial 7B's and a CC3B center... I still love this speakers!

Last edited by trek737; 07-14-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Music Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek737

Here is a photo of my Aerial 7B's and a CC3B center... I still love this speakers!
Very nice Jim.
Mcintosh MC205,MX150,MS300,MVP871,Pioneer BDP-51FD,Roku,Pioneer Signature Elite 141,Furman It-Reference15,Sonus Faber Cremonas
Two Channel Room
Mcintosh MC501's,C2300,MCD500, ClearAudio Emotion TT,Furman It-Reference15,Sonus Faber Elipsas,Sonos Connect
Old 07-14-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilands View Post
Very nice Jim.
Thanks Mike.... To bad they are in a secondary bedroom not even hooked up. Still hoping my wife will change her mind and let me put them in the den.