AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Hometown Section

Hometown Section Local Music Events, Get Togethers & Visits

Old 04-19-2009, 06:00 PM

Post The Sequel - Masterlu's McIntosh Home Theater Masterpiece

A couple of weeks ago, I had the pleasure to spend some time with Ivan a.k.a Masterlu and his fabulous McIntosh home theater system in South Florida. It was the second time I experienced the sheer magic of his system and this most recent excursion further reinforces my belief that this has to be the finest audio/video system in the world.

Masterlu, one never to be complacent, constantly incorporates upgrades into his system that further push its performance deeper and deeper into the outer limits of modern technology. In just over six months, the time that passed from my first visit to my second, Masterlu added and upgraded a staggering amount of equipment and accessories. According to Ivan, here is what he has done in that period of time:

Added a 2nd JL Audio Gotham G213
Added a Rane SAC 22 active crossover
Upgraded from McIntosh MC501 to MC1.2KW amplifiers for the surrounds speakers (McIntosh XR27's)
Added a McIntosh MCD500 SACD/CD Player
Added a PS Audio Power Plant Premier
Upgraded his previous Blu-Ray player to the Pioneer Elite BDP-09FD
Upgraded his previous video scaler to the Lumagen Radiance XD
Added ASC TubeTraps and CinemaPanels
Upgraded the cooling fans in the McIntosh MS750 music servers to SilenX Ixtrema Pro 60x25mm 12dBA 18 CFM
Had a complete video calibration performed

If you read my first review of this system, you know how absolutely blown away I was by its capabilities – imagine having instant access to live musical performances and film direct from the big studios' mastering facilities. That's what this is like, only better. At a concert or at a movie theater you benefit from powerful dynamic sounds and a large picture, however the distortion present in the equipment used to deliver the experience coupled with external factors such as crowd noise, less than ideal listener placement and poor room acoustics take away from the experience. In this room, all of those problems get thrown out the window. When it comes time for a movie, everything disappears and I mean everything, not a single light from the myriad of components distracts from the experience of the massive image that looms before your face. Audio is presented against absolute dead silence. To summarize, this is a reference system with reference components and it is very evident that a great amount of attention to detail has been followed by its owner. And this certainly isn't just a room with components stacked in it. It has the feel of a museum with “top shelf” components showcased in the behemoth mahogany entertainment center. Yet with the extreme complexity of this setup of over 40 McIntosh components, not a single wire is visible. As if the eye-candy of all that McIntosh gear weren't enough, framed and autographed movie posters carefully line the gorgeous walls. Even a life-size bust of Ironman sits atop a custom-made pedestal. You know you are in the room of an audio and video connoisseur (or aficionado as has become the popular term of late). The room is simply exquisite.

As for the changes Masterlu incorporated, here were the effects that I noticed. Keep in mind each of these changes could warrant a separate review individually, yet I'll try to briefly summarize all of them together. The second JL Audio Gotham sub allowed for an even more profound amount of super clean, powerful and extremely fast bass than before. Yet this added bass blended perfectly together with the main speakers thanks to the precisely configured Rane SAC 22 active crossover. And the way Ivan has the Rane configured in his system, he now benefits from the presence of the Gothams in the signal no matter what source is playing. Overall, the room's bass was better balanced than before – something I wouldn't have thought possible. This is also probably due in part to the improved room acoustics which I will get to shortly.

A subtle but noted change was the upgrade of the surround speaker amps from McIntosh MC501's to MC1.2KW's. In multichannel music listening, the surrounds were better able to seamlessly blend with the front and center channels in terms of dynamics. That is no easy feat when the surround speakers are trying to keep up with a tri-amped pair of McIntosh XRT2K's and an XCS2K center speaker.

The McIntosh MCD500 SACD/CD Player seemed like just an additional source to Masterlu's arsenal of sources. However with it and the magic bestowed upon it by the PS Audio Power Plant Premier with ultra clean, sub 0.5% distortion AC power, Ivan spun up an SACD stereo track that I personally requested to hear, The Edgar Winter Group's “Frankenstein”. This track absolutely rocked. Imaging of the saxophone was front and center, right where it should be. The guitar, bass, synthesizer and drums were presented in such stunning realism and simply enveloped the room. It's almost impossible to explain while giving it justice. You know that feeling when you were a kid and had just gotten off of a roller coaster? You were fresh off of an adrenaline high and simply craved for more. That's how I felt after listening to that song on Ivan's system. I simply craved to hear more. This was clean, fast, loud, tall, wide, deep, articulate, all surrounding, powerful, dynamic sound you don't hear everyday, unless of course, you're lucky enough to be Ivan. I am still simply stunned.

I'd like to mention a couple of observations on the room acoustics. Ivan added a couple of standard ASC TubeTraps in the front room corners as well as a custom made one behind one of the Gothams in the rear of the room. He also added several CinemaPanels throughout the room. The results were fabulous. Bass remained powerful in the system. Thanks to the TubeTraps, there was no chance for low frequency muddiness to occur from the lingering effects of standing waves. Bass attack and decay were more pronounced than before. This produced a tightness to the bass and made hearing distinct bass notes even easier and more pleasing. Another effect was that even at low to moderate listening levels, the bass was still potent. The CinemaPanels added a spooky blackness to the room and even made conversation and movie dialogue easier to understand and hear. And finally, Ivan mentioned that he changed out the stock fans that were in his music servers and replaced them with SilenX Ixtrema Pro's 60x25mm 12dBA 18 CFM. Not that I ever noticed his music servers making any noise during my previous visit, Ivan stated that on certain occasions he could hear them. Once he replaced the fans with the SilenX Ixtrema Pro's, the servers were dead silent - yet another sign of the perfectionist we know as Ivan.

The changes to the video in Masterlu's home theater system were equally stunning. The triple punch of the new Pioneer Elite BDP-09FD Blu-Ray player, the Lumagen Radiance XD video scaler and a
complete calibration produced video of such quality I have never seen before. Ivan started my first demo with scenes from the Blu-ray “HD IMAX: Super Speedway”, featuring Mario and Michael Andretti and The Newman/Haas Racing Team. Talk about an adrenaline rush! I was presented with the sights (and sounds) of the racetrack. I can't stress enough that this wasn't like watching any television I ever seen. The images produced by this Sony G90 projector system simply have to be seen to be believed. Think long and hard about what the word lifelike means. Easy, right? Just look at your surroundings. That's what Ivan's video system produces, lifelike imagery. The Blu-ray version of the Universal Studios motion picture “Wanted” with James McAvoy, Angelina Jolie and Morgan Freeman was presented with absolute clarity as well. I was totally engaged in the movie. After all, that is what a great theater system should do. And this system does this with ease. Crystal clear video and stunning audio with zero distractions. It doesn't get better than what I saw.

To summarize, Masterlu's home theater system is a masterpiece: a modern marvel of engineering. If you ever get a chance like I have to see this system, please do yourself a favor and seize the opportunity. Words and even pictures simply do not do it justice. I believe my fellow AA'ers who have been there will agree. Thanks again, my friend!

-mchydro

Last edited by admin; 04-19-2009 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Corrected model of cooling fans
Old 04-19-2009, 06:51 PM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Michael, you have some very serious writing skills!

The pleasure was all mine, and I appreciate your detailed review.
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 04-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Merry Christmas to all

mchydro.......What a great write up. Fun to read. I almost felt like I had experienced with you. Thanks.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 04-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Remembering Dan

Mchydro...a great writeup, to say the least. I've visited twice; the last time this last November. I've experienced some, but not all, of the upgrades you mentioned. He did have the second Gotham, the 1.2K surround upgrades, and the MCD500 in place at that time. I don't think he had the PPP in place at that time. (correct me if I'm wrong Ivan-I don't remember it being mentioned, but there is so much to take in!)

The system is, as you say, a masterpiece; and the room is beyond exquisite. It's really an experience...the only way to fully understand it is to experience it. It will redefine what you thought the state of the art was....

Pete

No. 35

Main System: VPI Prime Signature TT in Rosewood, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Stillpoints LP1 V2, McIntosh: MP100, MR78, MCD1000 Transport on Stillpoint Ultra Minis, MDA1000 D/A Converter on Stillpoint Ultra Minis, MS750 Music Server, C40, MC501's (3), Soundcraftsmen: DC2215 Eq/AS1000 Real time analyzer, DBX 3BX II, Carver C9, Nakamichi Dragon, Crown SX724, Crown D-75A (as headphone amp), Sony XBR55X900E 4K TV, JBL L220A's, JBL B460, Sumo Delilah active crossover, WireWorld Silver Eclipse audio interconnects, WireWorld Starlight and Silver Starlight Coaxial Digital interconnects, Wireworld SuperNova 7 Toslink digital interconnect, WireWorld Aurora 7 and Silver Electra Power cords, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 8 speaker cables, Terk AF-1 Powered Antenna, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-Ray Player, Bryson BUC-1 USB Converter, Wireworld Gold Starlight XLR Digital interconnect, PS Audio Direct Stream Power Plant 12 on Stillpoint Ultra Minis, PS Audio Dectect, FuruTech Flux-50 NCF Inline Power Filter, Add-Powr Wizard EM Field AC Line conditioner; Stillpoint Ultra SS's under (3) McIntosh MC501 Amplifiers

Florida Room/Art Studio System: Harmon Kardon T60 TT/Ortofon 2M Black, McIntosh: MR77, C32, MC2205; Crown Power Line Four, Wyred for Sound DAC-2 Digital to Analog converter, Soundcraftsmen AE2000 Eq, JBL 4313B's, JBL 2241-based Sub, JBL BX63A Active Crossover, Oppo BDP-105D Blu-Ray Player, Samsung 5500 Series 32" Smart TV, Terk AF-1 Powered Antenna

Master Bedroom System: McIntosh: MX120 Theater processor, MC206 6-channel amplifier; MR74 AM/FM Tuner, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, JVC HM-DH40000U D-Theater Digital VHS, Phase Technology PC80 Towers (now used as stands), (2) JBL 4401's, (1) JBL Studio 6IW speaker, (2) JBL Studio 6IC speakers, Sony XBR-49X900E UHD TV, Panamax 1000 Line Conditioner, (2) JL Audio E110 Subwoofers, Wireworld Solstice speaker cables, Wireworld Aurora Power cords, Wireworld Equinox and Solstice speaker cables and various other flavors of Wireworld and Audioquest cabling

Office System: Marantz 150 Tuner, Crown DL 2, Crown EQ 2, Crown SA 2, Crown D-75A (as headphone amp), McIntosh MCD7009 (as transport), DBX 3BX Series II, Oppo BDP-103 Blu-ray player, JBL 4401's, JL Audio E112 Subwoofer, Samsung 5500 series 32" Smart TV, Wire World Oasis audio interconnects, Wire World Solstice speaker cables, Wyred for Sound DAC-2 DSDse Digital to Analog converter, Wireworld Starlight Coaxial Digital Interconnect, Sennheiser HD800 Headphones, Sennheiser HDVA600 Headphone amp, Wireworld Silver Eclipse Balanced Interconnects, Wireworld Platinum Starlight USB Cable, Add-Powr EAU-2 AC Harmonic resonator

High Resolution Source: HP Omen 17" Gaming Laptop

Last edited by Vintage Pete; 04-19-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:28 PM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Thanks Pete, I didn't have the PPP or ASC room treatments then. Nor did I have the new video gear.

Looks like another visit!
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 04-19-2009, 08:36 PM
Remembering Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Thanks Pete, I didn't have the PPP or ASC room treatments then. Nor did I have the new video gear.

Looks like another visit!
Ivan,

I didn't think so....I knew you didn't have the ASC room treatments, that's a pretty recent thing. I wasn't postive on the PPP, but I was pretty sure you didn't have it then. I didn't even attempt to delve into what upgrades you did or didn't have on the video side...I'm not nearly as up on that side of things as I am with audio...

As to another visit....I would love to do that. I don't think I can stand to wait until the next extravaganza! (and I can't even imagine where the system will be by then )

Pete

No. 35

Main System: VPI Prime Signature TT in Rosewood, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Stillpoints LP1 V2, McIntosh: MP100, MR78, MCD1000 Transport on Stillpoint Ultra Minis, MDA1000 D/A Converter on Stillpoint Ultra Minis, MS750 Music Server, C40, MC501's (3), Soundcraftsmen: DC2215 Eq/AS1000 Real time analyzer, DBX 3BX II, Carver C9, Nakamichi Dragon, Crown SX724, Crown D-75A (as headphone amp), Sony XBR55X900E 4K TV, JBL L220A's, JBL B460, Sumo Delilah active crossover, WireWorld Silver Eclipse audio interconnects, WireWorld Starlight and Silver Starlight Coaxial Digital interconnects, Wireworld SuperNova 7 Toslink digital interconnect, WireWorld Aurora 7 and Silver Electra Power cords, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 8 speaker cables, Terk AF-1 Powered Antenna, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-Ray Player, Bryson BUC-1 USB Converter, Wireworld Gold Starlight XLR Digital interconnect, PS Audio Direct Stream Power Plant 12 on Stillpoint Ultra Minis, PS Audio Dectect, FuruTech Flux-50 NCF Inline Power Filter, Add-Powr Wizard EM Field AC Line conditioner; Stillpoint Ultra SS's under (3) McIntosh MC501 Amplifiers

Florida Room/Art Studio System: Harmon Kardon T60 TT/Ortofon 2M Black, McIntosh: MR77, C32, MC2205; Crown Power Line Four, Wyred for Sound DAC-2 Digital to Analog converter, Soundcraftsmen AE2000 Eq, JBL 4313B's, JBL 2241-based Sub, JBL BX63A Active Crossover, Oppo BDP-105D Blu-Ray Player, Samsung 5500 Series 32" Smart TV, Terk AF-1 Powered Antenna

Master Bedroom System: McIntosh: MX120 Theater processor, MC206 6-channel amplifier; MR74 AM/FM Tuner, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, JVC HM-DH40000U D-Theater Digital VHS, Phase Technology PC80 Towers (now used as stands), (2) JBL 4401's, (1) JBL Studio 6IW speaker, (2) JBL Studio 6IC speakers, Sony XBR-49X900E UHD TV, Panamax 1000 Line Conditioner, (2) JL Audio E110 Subwoofers, Wireworld Solstice speaker cables, Wireworld Aurora Power cords, Wireworld Equinox and Solstice speaker cables and various other flavors of Wireworld and Audioquest cabling

Office System: Marantz 150 Tuner, Crown DL 2, Crown EQ 2, Crown SA 2, Crown D-75A (as headphone amp), McIntosh MCD7009 (as transport), DBX 3BX Series II, Oppo BDP-103 Blu-ray player, JBL 4401's, JL Audio E112 Subwoofer, Samsung 5500 series 32" Smart TV, Wire World Oasis audio interconnects, Wire World Solstice speaker cables, Wyred for Sound DAC-2 DSDse Digital to Analog converter, Wireworld Starlight Coaxial Digital Interconnect, Sennheiser HD800 Headphones, Sennheiser HDVA600 Headphone amp, Wireworld Silver Eclipse Balanced Interconnects, Wireworld Platinum Starlight USB Cable, Add-Powr EAU-2 AC Harmonic resonator

Old 04-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Chief Toneologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Michael, you have some very serious writing skills!
You certainly do, and you should put them to good use by contributing to the great American novel that's being written on AA.

Maggie-Ann Tosh and her sorority sisters are in grave danger ...

Alberto
Old 04-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Media Server Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchydro View Post
Added a Rane SAC 22 active crossover

About time on that one, eh?
Old 04-19-2009, 10:58 PM

Mchydro - an A+ on your report from this retired high school teacher. I recently experienced a listening session at the Master's home and your description is perfect. I thought last May that his theater could not be improved upon and realized a month ago that I was wrong. I was riding in the car with Mario and reaching out to touch Shakira. What I love about AudioAficionado is that any improvement anyone makes to their system has a positive effect on all of us. This is great fun and great family.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:41 PM
Remembering Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkval View Post
Mchydro - an A+ on your report from this retired high school teacher. I recently experienced a listening session at the Master's home and your description is perfect. I thought last May that his theater could not be improved upon and realized a month ago that I was wrong. I was riding in the car with Mario and reaching out to touch Shakira. What I love about AudioAficionado is that any improvement anyone makes to their system has a positive effect on all of us. This is great fun and great family.
hkval....I'd like you to know that I've been finding myself repeatedly looking at your recent photos and I must say your system is very, very nice indeed. In particular, those 1.2K's are making me

You are one to stay away from if one wants to avoid the flu!!

Pete

No. 35