AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Hometown Section

Hometown Section Local Music Events, Get Togethers & Visits

Old 01-14-2013, 06:36 AM

Default My second visit to Jérôme

Last Thursday evening I had the opportunity to visit Jérôme (aka Jérôme W) again. This time he invited me to spend the night. Jérôme and Narcisa are very gracious hosts; they really made me feel at home.

My last visit was in December 2011. Since then a lot has changed in Jérôme’s main system. First of all he did a quite a bit of room treatment. He still has the Clearaudio Champion level II (not for long…) and the McIntosh MDA 1000. The McIntosh C1000P, MC2301’s and PMC EB1i’s are replaced.

When I read he changed his EB1i speakers for the Wilson WP8 in February 2012 I was very curious and looking forward to hear them as I never really liked the Wilson sound but Jérôme insisted he also was not impressed with Wilson speakers until he finally heard them properly setup at Jean-Marc’s home.
I was a bit annoyed when soon thereafter he decided to sell his MC2301’s and C1000 as now I would no longer be able to listen to the WP8’s with the same preamp and amplifiers. Now I don’t care about this at all anymore. McIntosh has been replaced with a Shindo preamp and the most powerful Shindo mono-amplifiers. It was the first time ever I listened to Shindo and what sweet music they make…. There was nothing I did not like, it was awesome! MUSIC!

Herewith I thank Jérôme for not only being a terrific friend but also for introducing me to the beauty of Shindo and Wilson. I have a lot of respect for both brands but even more for Jérôme who has built an unusual, probably unique and very musical system. Congratulations Jérôme. Enjoy!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:24 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Alexander.......Thanks for letting us enjoy your visit with Jérôme and Narcisa. Sounds like a good time was had by all.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 01-14-2013, 08:35 AM

Alexander,
It was a pleasure really to have you at home. I wish we could have spend more time together and go to a restaurant in Paris or something....: Next time !
I enjoyed a lot learning more about your fabulous job. Working around the dutch masters of the 17th century is a blessing.

Thanks a lot for the nice comments.
Keeping an open mind is very important in our hobby and my personal experience showed me this. No matter the budget, no matter the brand : we should always be very cautious when we judge a system. The set up is often not ideal and fast conclusions are often false. This has been my case with Wilson speakers listened in poor set ups.

Of course, my set up is not perfect : Bill will do much better for sure. But I guess that it is not very far from "pretty good".

I'm thinking about Shindo speakers but my system sounds so good right now that I will probably wait to hear a big Latour field coil pair at Matt's place and order it from him !

Last edited by Jerome W; 01-14-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:02 PM

Alexander & Jérôme, thanks for sharing. These little get togethers are great.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:32 PM

-- Narcisa is the most beautiful name I've ever heard!
Old 01-14-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Alexander.......Thanks for letting us enjoy your visit with Jérôme and Narcisa. Sounds like a good time was had by all.
Dan…… Yes we all had a very good time. I’m certain you would also have a great time in Paris if you ever decide to travel long distance again. All travel hardships will soon be forgotten when you visit Jérôme.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jérôme W View Post
I wish we could have spend more time together and go to a restaurant in Paris or something....: Next time !

Jérôme…. I am already looking forward to next time! I need to hear your Klipsch Heresy III - Shindo Apetite combo with the Rega P9 and Schiit Bifrost.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:07 PM

-- ...Me too I'd love to go to Paris, and fall in love all together for the very first time again! ...And visit Jerome too, of course. ...And meet Narcisa, his lovely wife. ...Is she into cooking, or do you guys prefer to got out in some nice restos from Paris' neighbourhood?
Old 01-14-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4n View Post
Jérôme…. I am already looking forward to next time! I need to hear your Klipsch Heresy III - Shindo Apetite combo with the Rega P9 and Schiit Bifrost.
WOW ! you really read everything right ?? Impressive !

The Metrum is really good for some records and less good for others : more neutral than the Bifrost; it gives you what is on the recording. Both are great dacs but both are far away behind the MDA by now. It may not be the case after complete break in.
The Apetite really shows its power with the Klipsch's. It is terrific.
Looking forward to see you again of course !
how did you like the Paperboys recording and the Stockfish Records LP ?
Old 01-14-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4n View Post
Dan…… Yes we all had a very good time. I’m certain you would also have a great time in Paris if you ever decide to travel long distance again. All travel hardships will soon be forgotten when you visit Jérôme.

Dan, Marlene : You know already that yu are more than welcome in our modest home !