AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > General Speaker Discussion

General Speaker Discussion Calling all Speakers

Old 06-24-2013, 08:52 PM

Default Any Miller & Kreisel /M&K/ MK Sound owners here?

Despite being pigeon holed as a hometheater speaker brand. - people seem to overlook them for 2 channel applications, seems that they have quite the following for that purpose in pro audio but less so by consumers. Admittedly I'm a fan in both cases. Any other M&K addicts uhhhh i mean users here. If so what are you using? original models or the post liquidation MK Sound brand?
Old 06-24-2013, 10:38 PM

Did Kreisel ever get his legs again after the bust up?
Old 06-24-2013, 11:20 PM
World's Oldest Audiophile

Been a long time since I've seen any of the M&K speakers, but I do own several of the direct to disc recordings that Miller and Kreisel produced - and they are some of the most highly regarded LP's ever produced.

The M&K Realtime Jazz LP's - For Duke and Fatha are still sought after and are considered two of the "best sounding ever" jazz LP's. I have both and treasure them.

. . . .

I have a record player and a cd player and some other stuff that sounds pretty good.

MAIN SYSTEM: . . . Audio Physic Caldera III Loudspeakers, Spectral DMC 30SL Preamp, Spectral DMA 250 Amp, Spectral/MIT interconnects and speaker cable, Basis Debut V Vacuum turntable, Walker Precision Speed Controller, Graham tonearm, [B]Koetsu Rosewood or Grado Statement 1 Cartridges, PASS - X-ono Phono Stage, Esoteric K03 CD/SACD Player, Lexicon RT-20 Universal Player, Exact Power EP-15A & SP-15A power regeneration and conditioning devices. Symposium Acoustics Svelte pads & RollerBlock Jr's under speakers. ASC Tube Traps, Arcici Suspense Rack System, OPPO and Cambridge Streaming Devices.

DOWNSTAIRS SYSTEM: . . . Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento Speakers, JL Audio F112 Sub, McIntosh MA7000 Integrated Amp, McIntosh MVP871 Universal Disc Player, OPPO BDP-105 Blu-Ray Player, VPI Scoutmaster with periphery ring clamp, VPI SDS Motor Drive, Koetsu Pro IV, or Clearaudio Discovery Cartridges, Mark Levinson No. 25s phono stage, Wadia 170i Transport with a Meridian Bitstream 203 DAC, VPI HW-17 Pro Record Cleaning Machine, Five Richard Gray RGPC 400 devices scattered around the two systems, Arcici Suspense Rack System, Discovery Essence and Essential Cables, 14,000 ± LPs .
Old 06-25-2013, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPal View Post
Did Kreisel ever get his legs again after the bust up?
Yup...Back in the saddle again and making Subwoofers that I hope are going head to head with the products that JL Audio and Martin Logan are putting out. despite not being as chic in their aesthetics. He's also making satellite speakers that bear a strong resemblance to the original Miller & Kreisel speakers. ( S-125, S-150THX and S-125c center channel immediately come to mind)

Glad to see Ken Kreisel back in the game. If there's a dealer network set up , I'll have to see about setting up time for a demo of the new products. -

Kreiselsound is the name of the new company.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:49 AM

I've had KK's DXD12012 (a.k.a.MX5000 mk3) in my setup since Dec 2012, I traded my M&K MX150 for a very generous sum. While words can't describe what Ken has done, I will say forget what you know about bass! and get to a demo if possible and as for musicality I dare you to find better integrating sub and guess what? the wife and daughter love its look. I hope to have another by years end to take advantage of the near field 3d pulsar effect? which is better explained by ken.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiofan1 View Post
I've had KK's DXD12012 (a.k.a.MX5000 mk3) in my setup since Dec 2012, I traded my M&K MX150 for a very generous sum. While words can't describe what Ken has done, I will say forget what you know about bass! and get to a demo if possible and as for musicality I dare you to find better integrating sub and guess what? the wife and daughter love its look. I hope to have another by years end to take advantage of the near field 3d pulsar effect? which is better explained by ken.
It's a slippery slope for me for sure. It would mean buying an entire Kreisel Sound system before I know it. - For now I'll maintain the pair of stacked V125's I have. I emailed Ken about a year ago for information about the foam appliques used on the S-5000THX ( and S-150Thx) as well as some info on the Mystery speaker in the original line , the S-90. He sent me the original marketing brochure which was chock full of great info about the S-90 - ( basically a short version of the S-5000THX) At the time he said he might consider starting a support forum and may even offer some parts ( most likely just the foam bits since people are asking for them) and repair for the original products he developed. - A community of users is the way to go . It's definitely working for company's like Emotiva , Serato, Ableton etc. - It would be awesome to have an official "Kreisel" support and user group. - I need to follow up with him on the Foams, in the meantime I'll be getting the grills re-clothed. it's time. - I'd love to hear the new Satellites he's developed , but again I know that a demo is "dangerous" for this self proclaimed M&K addict.

Last edited by bostown; 06-26-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-03-2021, 07:20 AM

Hope to resurrect this thread as I'm an avid M&K fan. Love their S1b, S2b, S100(b). Any of the speakers that had the two dials on the rear. I loved how the character of the speaker could be changed to match various tonal qualities.

I had never found one pair of speakers that sounded well with my varied taste of music. The M&Ks were wonderful for me.
Old 02-07-2022, 07:35 PM

I still have my s100b’s doing home theater duties. I used them as two channel before for a long time with their mx125 sub.