AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Power Conditioners

Power Conditioners Voltage regulation to AC Regeneration

Old 03-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Audio Snoopster

Default PurePower announces new line of AC Regenerators ("PurePower+")

PurePower has just announced a new line of AC Regenerators called "PurePower+".

Personally, I like the fact that the battery is now housed in a separate chassis for all "PurePower+" AC Regenerators, as well as the fact that all "PurePower+" models are now a more rack-friendly 17" deep compared to 22.5" deep for the old PurePower 2000 & 3000 models and 19.4" deep for the old PurePower 1050 model. In addition, all "PurePower+" models are to be entirely manufactured & assembled in PurePower's Canadian production facility.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, I believe there will be some sought of upgrade program for existing PurePower owners - don't have any other additional details on that though.

Launch date I think is sometime in April/May 2012.

Key features and improvements over the previous generation PurePower models:

The next-generation AC Regenerators are available in 3 models:
  • PurePower+ 1500 (replacing PurePower 1050 / 1500 VA / 1050 W)
  • PurePower+ 2000 (replacing PurePower 2000 / 2000 VA / 1400 W)
  • PurePower+ 3000 (replacing PurePower 3000 / 3000 VA / 2100 W)

More power – PurePower’s previous 1500, 2000 and 3000 VA rated models were able to generate just 1050, 1400, and 2100 watts respectively. Thanks to significant improvements, the PurePower+ models deliver 1350, 1800, and 2700 watts respectively – That’s an increase in real power of almost 30% for each model!

Tighter regulation – The output voltage spec has been improved from +/- 3% to a much more stringent +/- 1%

Even cleaner sine wave – The PurePower+ models have a much cleaner and artifact free sine wave than our previous models. While the original PurePower was good, the PurePower+ is an order of magnitude better.

Automatic current balance – It’s no longer necessary to manually adjust the hum out of your amplifier transformers. All PurePower+ models now have fully integrated automatic current balance control to make manual adjustment for that annoying hum a thing of the past.

User selectable voltage control – The output voltage selection of the previous generation PurePower units was quite finicky and required a technician to manually adjust a pot inside the unit. Output voltage on all Plus models is now software selectable from the front display

Selectable bypass – All PurePower+ models now have a selectable bypass mode. With the touch of a button, you can switch instantly between utility power from the wall and our reference grade regenerated AC; great for demonstration, comparison, or just for fun.

Improved crest factor – The instantaneous single cycle peak power spec of the PurePower regenerator is a function of the crest factor. The previous models had a crest factor of 3:1 while the new Plus models have a 5:1 crest factor.

Smaller, modular design – The previous generation PurePower regenerators were as big as they were heavy. Our design team has acted on your many requests for a product that better fits into AV racks and furniture and is easier to install, service, and upgrade. The new PurePower+ features a significantly reduced depth – now only 17” for ALL models. The new modular construction provides an incredible improvement in ease of installation, servicing, and upgrading.

Improved packaging – Despite our best efforts nesting multiple layers of heavy duty cardboard and high density foam, our packaging has never fully met our desires for durability, re-usability, and just “looking good” after a couple of trips through the various delivery networks. We’ve designed new packaging using modern, high strength material that’s easier to handle and unpack and still looks good even on the second (or third) trip through FedEX to its final destination.

Last edited by Masterlu; 03-09-2012 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Sorry, no links allowed to non-sponsors
Old 03-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Merry Christmas to all

So, who's PurePower company are these products coming from?

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 03-09-2012, 04:01 PM

Dan
Good question.

Also, why would you want two boxes in lieu of one?

Jim
Old 03-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Merry Christmas to all

The link in the original post takes you to Damian Janzen's PurePower site. Hmm.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 03-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Audio Snoopster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
So, who's PurePower company are these products coming from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Dan
Good question.

Also, why would you want two boxes in lieu of one?

Jim
Dan/Jim,

Although a very valid question, but unfortunately Ivan has specifically indicated to me and others that AA should steer clear of discussing the current management/ownership issues at this juncture due to the ongoing legal proceedings that are in play as we speak. Thus, if we stray into this "no-no" area, Ivan has stated that he will intercede.

All I can say at this point in time is that I am confident that this rather unfortunate situation will be resolved in due course in the very near future.

As to Dan's question, all "PurePower+" models are entirely manufactured & assembled in PurePower's Canadian production facility, so I'm sure that one can draw one's own conclusion based on the above.

Personally, I have my own views on this issue, but at this point in time, I'm simply going to just refer to PurePower Partners LLC's official website which has been there since the beginning.

Jim: Personally, I like the idea of housing the battery in a separate chassis, as it probably allows the main chassis to be made smaller (ie. not as deep), and also makes moving/maintenance of the main chassis much easier - but that's just my personal preference.

Philip

Last edited by psjl; 03-09-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by psjl View Post
As to Dan's question, all "PurePower+" models are entirely manufactured & assembled in PurePower's Canadian production facility, so I'm sure that one can draw one's own conclusion based on the above.
Philip.......Considering the current issues at hand, I don't want to have to "draw a conclusion" about the validity or solvency of any company before I shell out $4K for a product.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:53 PM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Quote:
Philip.......Considering the current issues at hand, I don't want to have to "draw a conclusion" about the validity or solvency of any company before I shell out $4K for a product.
Can't really argue with that.
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 03-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Audio Snoopster

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Can't really argue with that.
Dan/Ivan,

I totally understand where the both of you are coming from, and would have to agree with the both of you that, ordinarily, given the current cloud that PurePower Partners LLC finds itself under, that most individuals will rightfully feel the way that the both of you do.

No matter how good a product may be, the perceived integrity and stability of any company is of paramount importance to end-users - public perception/confidence is everything.

That being said, we each have our own different levels of willingness when it comes to deciding whether or not to plunk down USD 4-5K for a product from PurePower Partners LLC, given the perceived cloud of uncertainty that it currently finds itself under.

For me personally, and given what I know (but cannot say, unfortunately, out of respect for Ivan and his site), I will nonetheless be continuing my patronage of PurePower Partners, LLC via my local distributors/dealers that I deal with regularly, and who ultimately are the one's who can make or break any manufacturer, while at the same time being experienced and savvy enough to know when not to "bite the (correct manufacturer's) hand that feeds them".

But that's just me.

Philip

Last edited by psjl; 03-09-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:42 PM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by psjl View Post
Dan/Ivan,

I totally understand where the both of you are coming from, and would have to agree with the both of you that, ordinarily, given the current cloud that PurePower Partners LLC finds itself under, that most individuals will rightfully feel the way that the both of you do.

No matter how good a product may be, the perceived integrity and stability of any company is of paramount importance to end-users - public perception/confidence is everything.

That being said, we each have our own different levels of willingness when it comes to deciding whether or not to plunk down USD 4-5K for a product from PurePower Partner LLC, given the perceived cloud of uncertainty that it currently finds itself under.

For me personally, and given what I know (but cannot say, unfortunately, out of respect for Ivan and his site), I will nonetheless be continuing my patronage of PurePower Partners, LLC via my local distributors/dealers that I deal with regularly, and who ultimately are the one's who can make or break any manufacturer, while at the same time being experienced and savvy enough to know when not to "bite the (correct manufacturer's) hand that feeds them".

But that's just me.

Philip
I respect that Philip, in all good conscience as a Dealer for the brand; I will wait to see how everything shakes out before I place any orders for my customers.
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 03-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Audio Snoopster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
I respect that Philip, in all good conscience as a Dealer for the brand; I will wait to see how everything shakes out before I place any orders for my customers.
And that Ivan, is precisely why you have such a sizeable & loyal following of customers, because at the end of the day, you put their interests first before yours or the manufacturer's!

Luckily for me, the distributors/dealers that I choose to give my business to over here in Asia operate very much in the same manner as you do. Which is why I have been working together with them to navigate through all the static that is currently enveloping PurePower Partners LLC.

Fortunately, my distributors/dealers over here have their own proprietary channels of information, and in addition, there is also enough credible & verifiable information floating around the public domain via the internet & public/legal documentation (you gotta respect the level of transparency and accessibility of information in the U.S.!).

As such, the folks over here will most likely be seeing the new line of "PurePower+" products coming onshore in the coming 1-2 months. Some would say, ballsy move based on conjecture, while others will simply deem it as being a "well-informed" move (based on available information) on the part of the local distributor/dealer - I'ed like to think (and knowingly bet) that it is the latter rather than the former.

Either way, only time will tell.

Philip

Last edited by psjl; 03-09-2012 at 06:43 PM.