AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 10-19-2013, 03:42 PM

I have found the choice of efficient speakers has increased compared to 10 years ago.
My hunch is when the 80's came out, there was a call for a higher powered Shindo amp.
I think the biggest three Shindo dealers were also Verity dealers at that point. -Don
Old 10-19-2013, 10:15 PM

I thought that the CC80's were really just a replacement for the Sinhonia's as the high-powered Shindo amp, using KT88's instead of the more scarce F2A's? I wasn't that into the Shindo "scene" when that happened though, but the timelines seem to indicate that was the case. In any case...both the CC80 and the CCQ that followed are much more powerful than any Shindo amp had been, and my guess is that has to do with Shindo entering the US market in force.

One downside to auditioning the CC80's last week - now I have trouble to get any real enjoyment out of my system with the VTL amp, unfortunately. That doesn't say anything about the VTL really - it's no shame to be outdone by an amp that's triple the price - but it is an unfortunate fact of life for the short-term.

I say for the short-term...because my CCQ's are now on order! It will be quite an upgrade for me...I'm looking forward to green day!

In the interim, I'll save the hours on my cartridge for when the CCQ's will be here, and focus on enjoying my headphone rig for a while, since it sounds every bit as good as it sounded before since it doesn't have anything to do with my speaker amp.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:53 AM

Congrats !

You will love them.
You remark about the VTL makes me think about 2 things.
- When I got them, I could not find anymore real pleasure listenng to the 2301's next to them on the same speakers. I did not expect so much difference but it was here, with the same cables. And I could not keep the 2301's anymore.
- When Alexander listened to both my Manley and the Shindo set up. He first listened to the Manley with the Wilsons and said roughly " Wow ! . I did
not know both brands but this system sounds very good " Then we switched to the Shindo set up. He started to smile and said " it is a shame to listen to the Manley to preserve the Shindo when you get so much more with the Shindo".
I hear the big difference between them but I still enjoy a lot the Manleys. They have their own strengths.

So we'll be 2 owners of them here at AA.
And I do not know any other anywhere else.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:18 AM

Congrats Countingbackwards !

Yes the VTL it's a good product.

Now with the CC your in the front stage and with your CC they will not have a problem to drive your Parsifal.

Countingbackwards maybe later if you decide to make another update you should look for SUT (Hommage) this is a great SUT.

Have a nice day !
Old 10-21-2013, 09:30 PM

I will not be running 2 different amps to save my CCQ hours, that's for sure! I only get to listen ~10-15 hours per week, what with all the time I spend working, at the kids' hockey, etc etc. Every single one of those hours needs to be as much of an event as it possibly can be - and once I have CCQ's in the house, they will have the job of massaging my inner brain and restoring my energy. Well, I guess it's really the music that does that stuff, but only passing the music through my best gear will do!

Though I guess you could say that my headphone rig is my "B" system!

Sindoaddict - funny you should mention the Hommage - my dealer actually has a demo T2 in the store at the moment, but I will not be trying it anytime soon: the CCQ is enough of a financial investment that I don't need to be spending any more for a very long time! It'll be time to enjoy the upgrade that the CCQ's bring to the system.

My guess is that there aren't that many owners of CCQ's anywhere...it'll be interesting to see what are the serial numbers of my units. I saw pictures online of a pair that were built in mid-2011 and were #3 and 4 (the model was introduced in late 2010).
Old 10-22-2013, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countingbackwards
I will not be running 2 different amps to save my CCQ hours, that's for sure! I only get to listen ~10-15 hours per week, what with all the time I spend working, at the kids' hockey, etc etc. Every single one of those hours needs to be as much of an event as it possibly can be - and once I have CCQ's in the house, they will have the job of massaging my inner brain and restoring my energy. Well, I guess it's really the music that does that stuff, but only passing the music through my best gear will do!

Though I guess you could say that my headphone rig is my "B" system!

Sindoaddict - funny you should mention the Hommage - my dealer actually has a demo T2 in the store at the moment, but I will not be trying it anytime soon: the CCQ is enough of a financial investment that I don't need to be spending any more for a very long time! It'll be time to enjoy the upgrade that the CCQ's bring to the system.

My guess is that there aren't that many owners of CCQ's anywhere...it'll be interesting to see what are the serial numbers of my units. I saw pictures online of a pair that were built in mid-2011 and were #3 and 4 (the model was introduced in late 2010).
My guess is that Shindo made no more than 15 pairs. Pure speculation of course.

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado
Old 10-22-2013, 10:01 AM

Countingbackward.

I made this point to later.

Take time to appreciate the momment with your CCQ.

Yes it is really relaxing listening to music and we made ​​a mental regenessence.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:18 PM

My CCQ's are in the house!! They've been here for a few days, and I've really been enjoying what they bring to the table. I'll discuss in more detail a bit later, but my experience with them is quite similar to what I'm reading others write about other Shindo amps - the presence, the incredible detail level that seems to gel the music together rather than break it apart as some other gear can do, the majestic sound of the human voice, the wide open tonality, the stability & control at all volume levels…these are some pretty impressive amps!

Here are a few pictures (taken with my iPhone so not up to Matt's standards!):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.jpg (99.3 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg photo 5.jpg (93.6 KB, 179 views)
Old 12-12-2013, 12:10 AM

Damn ken they look great!!
Old 12-12-2013, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countingbackwards
My CCQ's are in the house!! They've been here for a few days, and I've really been enjoying what they bring to the table. I'll discuss in more detail a bit later, but my experience with them is quite similar to what I'm reading others write about other Shindo amps - the presence, the incredible detail level that seems to gel the music together rather than break it apart as some other gear can do, the majestic sound of the human voice, the wide open tonality, the stability & control at all volume levels…these are some pretty impressive amps!

Here are a few pictures (taken with my iPhone so not up to Matt's standards!):
Congrats !
You will love them even much more in a few months.