AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > PS Audio

PS Audio Delivering the experience since 1974

Old 05-16-2022, 04:31 PM

Thank you, just the info I was looking for
Old 05-26-2022, 04:31 PM

I am still kicking this one around. Let me recap:

I have a 'new to me' PerfectWave Mk II with Bridge and I seem to have several issues to resolve and could use some help.
1. I would like to know if I have a Bridge I or a Bridge II card. I was told to touch the GEAR icon on the display and if the Bridge verson was greater than 0.2.15 then I have a Bridge II. I do not see a GEAR icon on my display or even a setup menu where you can adjust the display. If I press the HOME button it takes me to the INPUT select menu. The Bridge shows up and if I go to edit it, it shows I am connected to my network and that an IP adress was pulled. Under the firmware version it says N/A.
2. How to I access the setup menu, how do I update the DAC firmware and how do I update the Bridge firmware?
3. When I select the Bridge as the input device it shows CONNECTED on the display. I have two DLNA upn servers on my network and neither show up as available. I am thinking there has to be some type of configuration or setup menu I'm mssing to select your DLNA server.

Thanks in advance for any help. Please find some photos attached.

Old 05-27-2022, 04:15 AM

I have the DS DAC Sr. so the screen layouts will be different from your PerfectWave and was unaware of that at the time. Look at the rear of the unit, if you have the original Bridge it's going to read Perfect Wave Bridge. If it's the Bridge II it'll look like the one in the link.

https://tmraudio.com/accessories/mis...bridge-2-used/

You might want to contact PS Audio for further information. Or, there is a PS Audio Forum -- you could pose your questions there. The community is quite knowledgeable.

Ivan: Hope my 2nd suggestion is okay.
Old 05-27-2022, 08:54 AM

Thanks Joe. It looks like it is a Bridge I because the back of the card just says PerfectWave Bridge. Also, I can access the card across the network using a web browser, something I was told you can't do with the Bridge II card.

It seems I misunderstood how the Bridge card worked. From all the material I had read, some of it poorly written and ambigious I might add, I thought the Bridge card would recognize a DLNA music server on the network and stream the contents from the server.

Now, my new understanding is the DLNA music server / streamer has to have the ability to stream to the Bridge II, not something many music servers / streamers can do across the network.

For example, if I was to add a Cambridge Audio CXN V2 to my system, it has to recognize the Bridge II as a device it can stream to across the network, something I don't think is going to happen. I would have to use a coax or USB interconnect.

Thanks