AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Automobiles

Automobiles Need for Speed

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2021, 02:02 PM

Thumbs up Speaking of Covid-19 and many of us waiting for months & month for them to arrive ..

Greetings my Porsche GT4 members,

Well I've decided to share a few thoughts with you guys.
And for those that might possibly think I'm joking or screwing around I'm not.

I as well as my wife both are getting more and more concerned over the Covid-19 virus and even more so as the New Variants of the virus are getting worse and worse.
As in more and more of the variants are here in the USA and spreading Super-Fast.

The reason I say Cathy and I are becoming more and more concerned is because she is 66 and I am 75 and June 2021 I'll be 76.
I'm not one of those people that look at the Negative-Side of Life at all.
But, I'm no dummy and this Covid-19 Virus thing has as many of you know already Killed more people than in WW II.
And the predictions are that the deaths could very well Exceed 500,000 Americans before we start to get it under some control.

Cathy and I were talking last night while watching the News regarding Covid-19.
We both said that we have all our fingers crossed that both of us would get the Covid-19 Vaccinations so we would be Protected.
And I hopefully would still be above ground whenever this year the Porsche GT4 arrives at "Porsche-of-Nashville".
Well speaking of getting the Vaccine I just this morning got my 1st shot of the Pfizer Vaccine.
And I also have the appointment for my 2nd shot that was just confirmed.
That ^^^ being said means hopefully I won't be passing the Covid-19 Virus to Cathy especially after getting the 2nd shot in three (3) weeks.
And of course Cathy would not be passing it to me.

So, it seems like I will be above ground guys to get my GT4 and I can definitely state that surely does put a Giant-Smile on this old man's face.

Terry

Mitsubishi New 16-Seer, 24,000 BTU Split-Unit ... for Heating/Cooling & Humidity control of Home Theater
Marantz Pre-Amp Processor: ... AV8805
Panasonic DP-UB9000 New ... HDR 4K UHD Blu-ray Player:
Roku: New ... 2022 Ultra HD-4K-HDR-Atmos Streaming Player
JVC RS4100 New ... Laser Projector
Lumagen Radiance Pro New ... 4242 18G Ultra HD Video Processor
Stewart Filmscreen: New ... Stewart StudioTek 130 G4 123" 16x9 W/4-Way Remote Masking
JML Speakers ... 2-JM Lab Utopia Mezzo Front, 2-Side Utopia, 2-Rear Mini Utopia
Focal Sopra ... Center Channel
Triad Atmos New ... 6 Triad Custom Repeat Gold 8 Mini Monitor Plus in-ceiling speakers W/Matching Flat Black Grills
SVS PB16-Ultra Subwoofers New ... 4 PB-16 ULTRA Subs
Transparent Speaker Cables ... Transparent TW Plus HP 10-2 W/Plus Bricks
Classe' Amps ... 2-CA201, 1-CAM-350, 2-CA-M400
ATI AT526NC New ... ATI AT526NC 6 Channel Amp for
6 Triad Atmos in-ceiling speakers
A/C Power New ... All Separate 20-Amp Circuits W/Dedicated Hospital Grade Receptacles
Richard Gray Power Conditioners New ...
1- RGPC-1200S, 9-RGPC-400S
Panamax MB1500 ... 2023 New 1500VA UPS Battery Backup for JVC RS4100 laser projector
Eaton ... Ultimate Home Surge Protection
CRITEC TDX100M New ... Modular Series Home Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor
HT Components/Gear Cooling ... 3-sets of Z-Fans, Cool-Stack I, Suncourt Variable Speed Thru Wall Fan
ATM ... Active Thermal Management Cool Stack 1 Exhaust Fan Assembly
Home Theater Component Mid Atlantic Rack ... Slide-Out 50" Track
Sanus CFR1620 ... Modular open-frame component rack with Middle Atlantic 4-Post H/D Shelves
Room Acoustic ... Acoustic Innovations panels
Seating ... Ekornes Stressless Wave
Rosco Velour Black 6003 ... 2-coats of Black primer.
Then 2-coats of Full-Strength Rosco #6003 UN-Diluted to complete Dedicated Home Theater
Area Shag Rug New ... Liliah Deep Black Low-Shag by Andover Mills 12' x 15' Rectangle Area-Rug
Custom Calibrated H/T New ... Chad Billheimer on September 4th 2023 did my JVC RS4100.
The results were 100% Totally Awesome I Highly recommend his services. https://www.hdtvbychadb.com/home-1.html

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 02-23-2021 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-30-2021, 02:07 PM
Retired

Good for you. We are recently turned 73 and 'soon to be' 74. Got our 1st Pfizer shot on 1/19 and scheduled for the 2nd on 2/9. First time I can recall ever looking forward to getting a shot.
Good luck to all, and stay safe. Can't enjoy our cars or stereo if we aren't around.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 01-31-2021, 11:35 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Good for you. We are recently turned 73 and 'soon to be' 74. Got our 1st Pfizer shot on 1/19 and scheduled for the 2nd on 2/9. First time I can recall ever looking forward to getting a shot.
Good luck to all, and stay safe. Can't enjoy our cars or stereo if we aren't around.
Hi Glenn,

Amen brother and anyone that thinks the Covid-19 thing is a joke is Crazy !!!

Like you said and I agree I want to still be around when my GT4 sometime this year arrives.

Stay-Safe buddy,
Terry

Mitsubishi New 16-Seer, 24,000 BTU Split-Unit ... for Heating/Cooling & Humidity control of Home Theater
Stewart Filmscreen: New ... Stewart StudioTek 130 G4 123" 16x9 W/4-Way Remote Masking
Triad Atmos New ... 6 Triad Custom Repeat Gold 8 Mini Monitor Plus in-ceiling speakers W/Matching Flat Black Grills
A/C Power New ... All Separate 20-Amp Circuits W/Dedicated Hospital Grade Receptacles
Panamax MB1500 ... 2023 New 1500VA UPS Battery Backup for JVC RS4100 laser projector
HT Components/Gear Cooling ... 3-sets of Z-Fans, Cool-Stack I, Suncourt Variable Speed Thru Wall Fan
Sanus CFR1620 ... Modular open-frame component rack with Middle Atlantic 4-Post H/D Shelves
Then 2-coats of Full-Strength Rosco #6003 UN-Diluted to complete Dedicated Home Theater
Area Shag Rug New ... Liliah Deep Black Low-Shag by Andover Mills 12' x 15' Rectangle Area-Rug
Custom Calibrated H/T New ... Chad Billheimer on September 4th 2023 did my JVC RS4100.
The results were 100% Totally Awesome I Highly recommend his services. https://www.hdtvbychadb.com/home-1.html
Old 02-01-2021, 06:13 PM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
Amen brother and anyone that thinks the Covid-19 thing is a joke is Crazy !!!
Stay-Safe buddy,
Terry
Indeed. Haven't lost anyone yet, but several folks we know who took it too lightly have been brought down by same and a couple of them look to be "long haulers". We currently have a great quality of life and are doing our best to keep it that way.

Here is another pic of the type of fun you can look forward to with your new GT4. They attract 'chicks' like no other (appropriate age, of course ). My wife and her closest friend on a nice fall evening.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 911-3.jpeg (180.0 KB, 154 views)
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 02-01-2021 at 06:15 PM.
Old 02-02-2021, 11:48 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Indeed. Haven't lost anyone yet, but several folks we know who took it too lightly have been brought down by same and a couple of them look to be "long haulers". We currently have a great quality of life and are doing our best to keep it that way.

Here is another pic of the type of fun you can look forward to with your new GT4. They attract 'chicks' like no other (appropriate age, of course ). My wife and her closest friend on a nice fall evening.
Hello brother Glenn,

Love that picture.

Seems from what I'm seeing and reading over on Rennlist.com the Porsche Enthusiast Site GT4 allocations are no where to be found right now.

Seems the general consensus is more GT4 allocations will be coming but might be awhile.

And speaking of the Covid-19 virus.
It's beyond ridiculous that there are people that think it's a farce !!!
Seriously more than 400,000 plus people have died and those Nut-Cases still think it's not real.

Stay-Safe buddy,
Terry

Old 02-15-2021, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Hi Dave M,

I have seen lots and lots and lots of You-tube videos on the different years of the GT-3.
They are killer machines No-Doubt.

So now you guys have a 4-year old "Giant Schnauzer" named Ziggy.
I /we tried multiple times with having pups but it just never worked out.
So, we went back to the Kittens and stayed with them.

But I surely do love dogs !!!

Terry
Hi Terry,

Here is a link to my youtube channel that has several in car videos of me driving my GT-3 around a few of the road racing tracks in my area. These were taken about 12 years ago! Where does the time go?

https://www.youtube.com/user/davemill8

I love the sound of a normally aspirated Porsche flat 6. My car still has the stock exhaust. I didn't mess with any aspects surrounding the engine but I did change the overall gearing from 3.44:1 to 4:1. Not good for the street but great for track acceleration over 100 mph and never an issue of being in-between gears for certain corners since the ratios are much closer.

Dave

Last edited by DaveM; 02-15-2021 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:12 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
Hi Terry,

Here is a link to my youtube channel that has several in car videos of me driving my GT-3 around a few of the road racing tracks in my area. These were taken about 12 years ago! Where does the time go?

https://www.youtube.com/user/davemill8

I love the sound of a normally aspirated Porsche flat 6. My car still has the stock exhaust. I didn't mess with any aspects surrounding the engine but I did change the overall gearing from 3.44:1 to 4:1. Not good for the street but great for track acceleration over 100 mph and never an issue of being in-between gears for certain corners since the ratios are much closer.

Dave

Dave,

I took a cellphone picture of the You-tube videos of your's.
Instead of watching and listening on my computer.
I'm going to later be in the Home Theater and watch and listen to them in it.

I'm looking forward to viewing and hearing All-of-Them

Terry

Old 02-16-2021, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Dave,

I took a cellphone picture of the You-tube videos of your's.
Instead of watching and listening on my computer.
I'm going to later be in the Home Theater and watch and listen to them in it.

I'm looking forward to viewing and hearing All-of-Them

Terry
Hi Terry,

Thanks for the kind reply. Will Rascal get to watch? My very cool Maine Coon, Felix, didn't like being in the car! My favorite track that I've driven is Laguna Seca followed by Mid-Ohio. I drove mid-Ohio in my Dad's 2004 Speed Yellow GT-3. His was stock. A handful that must be approached according. He regrets selling his. Due to age/visibility, he now has a 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo.

Dave
Old 02-17-2021, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
Hi Terry,

Thanks for the kind reply. Will Rascal get to watch? My very cool Maine Coon, Felix, didn't like being in the car! My favorite track that I've driven is Laguna Seca followed by Mid-Ohio. I drove mid-Ohio in my Dad's 2004 Speed Yellow GT-3. His was stock. A handful that must be approached according. He regrets selling his. Due to age/visibility, he now has a 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo.

Dave
Dave,

So I just now, finally got to view parts of each video of you 12-years ago on the different tracks.

I'm not at all really one of the guys that knows hardly anything at all about Racing on Tracks.

As a layman looked to me like you were holding your own.

Just as possibly a Heads-Up Porsche announced yesterday the Newest Bad-Ass Porsche GT3 see below.

Link to that video below,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMwxQiSaOrQ&t=12s

2022 Porsche 911 GT3 Evolves but Remains a Purist Sports Car

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...-gt3-revealed/

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 02-17-2021 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-22-2021, 03:12 PM

Thumbs up

Greetings,

Well I'm good to go as I just got back home from getting my 2nd Pfizer Covid-19 Vaccine Shot.
So, now Cathy and I will hopefully be set as she cannot pass the Covid-19 Virus to me and I don't think I can pass it to her.

Also and I/We consider this a major-plus I'll be around to actually receive the GT4 sometime this year.

For those interested I did start a New Thread a day ago.

Lets "Discuss" adjusting ride "Height" on the 2021 GT4 ...

https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post17247974

Terry
________

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 02-23-2021 at 12:31 PM.
Closed Thread