AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Power Conditioners

Power Conditioners Voltage regulation to AC Regeneration

Old 02-28-2012, 03:20 PM

Default Silver Circle Audio One 5.0 conditioner

Does anyone here have experience with this P.conditioner? My dealer just mentioned it to me, he claimed it's even better than the Dmitri and PPP. So I would like to hear your opinion on this, as I am in the market for one. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:13 PM

Nope. This is the first time I have heard of the product. I just pulled it up on their website. It does not look as well made as some other top brands, but that doesn't mean it will not do its magic.

Jim
Old 02-28-2012, 04:24 PM

Harry Pearson used one in his review of the Nola Micros

HP's Workshop: The Nola Micro Grand Reference Speaker (TAS 210) | AVguide

From the article:

The one thing that was troubling, given the apparent flatness of the overall response, was a warmer-than-life sound from about 60Hz down to the speaker’s lower limit—and this we managed to eliminate by inserting an isolation transformer, made by Silver Circle Audio (the Pure Power One 5.0), into the system—it is itself such a heavy-duty beast it could also handle the high-power of the Mac amps, not to mention everything else in the system. With the Silver Circle, the midbass became as pure and uncolored as the frequencies above it. This was a bit surprising to me. When I asked Marchisotto about it, he said that the alternating current from the outside power line did its worst damage at 60Hz and below and what I had been hearing was garbage, not the speaker. This sure made sense to me.

Last edited by joeinid; 02-28-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:15 PM

It's also at my house for review and am awaiting actually the momentary arrival of the Series 2 power cord that goes with the unit. It'll give you a hernia lifting it and don't drop it on your feet or the spikes will crucify your toes Let me just say this: every PLC I've had in house in the last 15-20 years has a readily identifiable sonic signature and for most, the cure is worse than the disease I'm still searching with this unit.

Also I think the quote you've taken is not from the SC model that HP actually likes, the 5se. See the latest TAS.
Myles Astor, Senior Editor., Positive-Feedback.com, Goldmund Telos 300 amplifier, Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier, Doshi EVO phono and tape stages; Zellaton Plural EVO speakers; VPI Vanquish Turntable, VPI 12-inch Fat Boy gimbal arm and SAT LM-12 arm; Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga mk.2, vdh Colibri Master Signature cartridges; Technics 1506/FM heads; Various cables including TA, MIT, Kubala-Sosna, Skogrand, Viero L3 Equilibrio speaker cables, Audience, SRA Craz 3 rack, Isobase and OHIO Class XL+2.1 platforms.

Last edited by Myles B. Astor; 02-28-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:22 PM

Thanks Myles!
Old 03-02-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
Thanks Myles!
The new Vesuvius Mk. 2 version of Silver Circle's power cord for their PLC arrived. It's definitely making a substantial difference in the sound of their PLC.
Myles Astor, Senior Editor., Positive-Feedback.com, Goldmund Telos 300 amplifier, Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier, Doshi EVO phono and tape stages; Zellaton Plural EVO speakers; VPI Vanquish Turntable, VPI 12-inch Fat Boy gimbal arm and SAT LM-12 arm; Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga mk.2, vdh Colibri Master Signature cartridges; Technics 1506/FM heads; Various cables including TA, MIT, Kubala-Sosna, Skogrand, Viero L3 Equilibrio speaker cables, Audience, SRA Craz 3 rack, Isobase and OHIO Class XL+2.1 platforms.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:01 AM

I was thinking of getting one of these and using it to plug into my PurePower 2000 to cut down on DC instead of the Humbuster III's.

http://www.silvercircleaudio.com/Html/products/ves.htm

Vesuvius dc™

Direct Current on an AC line will make toroidal transformers hum. Sometimes they rattle and hum. Oh well. There are several circuits out there that claim to eliminate the DC from AC lines. DC becomes a problem when it exceeds 1 volt.

We have developed a Vesuvius power cord that includes a heat-sinked with DC blocking circuitry to help eliminate this troublesome artifact of poor power generation. What is even more interesting is that in listening tests, we found that the inclusion of this circuit actually increased dynamic “slam” and detail in the music. I believe it’s a result of the theory of unintended consequences, or the travels of the Three Princes of Serendip. This is not what we were looking for, but we’ll take it. Reducing DC and increasing dynamics.

The Vesuvius dc has a long and a short portion connecting to the heat-sinked box. One has the AC plug and one has the IEC connector. The short portion is 2 feet and is available with either the AC plug or the IEC connector. The long portion is 5 feet. Both portions connect to the box with Neutrik Powercon® 20-amp rated connectors.

Our thought is that most folks will want to have the box on the floor beneath the AC receptacle. Some may prefer the opposite. Your choice.

The Vesuvius dc is available with either a 15-amp or 20-amp IEC connector.

Vesuvius dc with 15-amp IEC connector is $900.00
Vesuvius dc with 20-amp IEC connector is $950.00
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ves.jpg (158.5 KB, 31 views)
Old 04-05-2012, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiolove View Post
Does anyone here have experience with this P.conditioner? My dealer just mentioned it to me, he claimed it's even better than the Dmitri and PPP. So I would like to hear your opinion on this, as I am in the market for one. Thanks in advance.
Yeah, I do, the blacks are blacker, it brings music to life, makes your tv look like an HD even though it already was etc etc.Harry Pearson called this guy a genius after experiencing one.

Jim, try carrying one up a flight of stairs, 15 steps in all & see what you think of the build after that, they weigh in at over a hundred pounds. I highly recommend this unit

Old 04-28-2012, 04:31 PM

Anyone compared the 5.0 to the 5.0SE?

Old 06-10-2012, 10:41 PM

Got a chance to hear the 5.0.SE in action, Myles and HP are right.

Now all I need to do is sell my existing PLCs.