AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 10-30-2020, 12:16 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiHippie View Post
Puma Cat, thanks for the heads up on the on the timeframe on the cables. I have had the upgrade bug lately and all the Shunyata Research power cables are still a few weeks out. What are your thoughts on interconnects. I am currently using Kimber Hero XLR’s, but have heard good things about the Alpha V2’s, also it seems that people are using the Wireworld products with good success, they would be used for my Mac gear. Any thoughts?
The new Alpha V2 ICs are astonishing. Get them as they now have the Shunyata TAP device tech, which previously only the Sigma level had. I've heard what this TAP technology does for interconnects first-hand on the new Alpha V2s, and no other cable manufacturer has any technology remotely like it.

TAP, along with Shunyata's HARP technology for speaker cables, is, IMHO, ground-breaking "Hangar 18" level-technology in my experience. This IC is noticeably more open-sounding, spacious, and 3-dimensional than other IC's I've evaluated, including the excellent Shunyata ICs e.g. Delta v1 and v2.

TAP brings Depth, 3-dimensionality and expansion of the soundstage's width, depth, and height. All this is from increased of finer resolution of the subtle aspects of the signal that the TAP device provides. It really is remarkable. I also notice increased inner detail being resolved well within the soundstage. I've got some good recordings where you can hear decay of secondary reflections off the opposite wall in the recording studio (listen to, for example, Duke Ellington and Johnny Hodges on "Back to Back") with the new Alpha V2 ICs...it's crazy.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 10-30-2020 at 12:33 AM.
Old 11-04-2020, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
The new Alpha V2 ICs are astonishing. Get them as they now have the Shunyata TAP device tech, which previously only the Sigma level had. I've heard what this TAP technology does for interconnects first-hand on the new Alpha V2s, and no other cable manufacturer has any technology remotely like it.

TAP, along with Shunyata's HARP technology for speaker cables, is, IMHO, ground-breaking "Hangar 18" level-technology in my experience. This IC is noticeably more open-sounding, spacious, and 3-dimensional than other IC's I've evaluated, including the excellent Shunyata ICs e.g. Delta v1 and v2.

TAP brings Depth, 3-dimensionality and expansion of the soundstage's width, depth, and height. All this is from increased of finer resolution of the subtle aspects of the signal that the TAP device provides. It really is remarkable. I also notice increased inner detail being resolved well within the soundstage. I've got some good recordings where you can hear decay of secondary reflections off the opposite wall in the recording studio (listen to, for example, Duke Ellington and Johnny Hodges on "Back to Back") with the new Alpha V2 ICs...it's crazy.
Puma Cat, thanks for input on the Alpha IC’s. I have finished ordering the power cables from Ivan, now I am thinking of purchasing a Denali 6000. I am currently using a PS Audio P20 regenerator for my whole system, I use 12 of the outlets currently. I know the Denali 6000 only has 6 outlets so I would eventually have to purchase two of them. I don’t have room for the Everest in my audio rack, so that option is out. My question to you is would the Denali give me better performance over the P20? I have a 20 amp Alpha HC and a 20 amp Sigma NR v1 power cable, which would be better for the Denali? I know eventually I would upgrade to the Alpha or Sigma XC v2 down the road. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Old 11-04-2020, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Puma Cat, thanks for input on the Alpha IC’s. I have finished ordering the power cables from Ivan, now I am thinking of purchasing a Denali 6000. I am currently using a PS Audio P20 regenerator for my whole system, I use 12 of the outlets currently. I know the Denali 6000 only has 6 outlets so I would eventually have to purchase two of them. I don’t have room for the Everest in my audio rack, so that option is out. My question to you is would the Denali give me better performance over the P20? I have a 20 amp Alpha HC and a 20 amp Sigma NR v1 power cable, which would be better for the Denali? I know eventually I would upgrade to the Alpha or Sigma XC v2 down the road. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Check out the Alpha A12 or Sigma S12 power distributors on our website.
Old 11-04-2020, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
Check out the Alpha A12 or Sigma S12 power distributors on our website.
Caelin, thanks for the suggestion on the Sigma 12, one thing that is important to me is that the color needs to be black to match the rest of my components in my racks. I know that the most important issue should be focused on performance, but the color is a deal breaker. I did not see where the Sigma was available in black on the website. That being said most people have said the Denali would give me better performance over the Alpha or Sigma. Would this be true? Is there going to be a big difference in performance between the two. Also I am using my PS Audio P20 into a dedicated 20 amp outlet, would there be any issues in plugging two Denali 6000 into a single 20 amp outlet? As always any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-04-2020, 11:54 PM

Neither the Alpha or Sigma are available in black.
So that leaves you with just the Denali 6000/S v2 if black is that important.

The Sigma S12 is very close to the performance of the Denali. They both have 6 zones of isolation and both use the CopperCONN outlets. Two Denali’s versus one Sigma is a pretty stiff difference in price.

For a little context, the Sigma S12 outperforms our prior reference Tritons v3 which retailed for $9k. So the S12 has the performance chops to go head to head with anything out there.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Neither the Alpha or Sigma are available in black.
So that leaves you with just the Denali 6000/S v2 if black is that important.

The Sigma S12 is very close to the performance of the Denali. They both have 6 zones of isolation and both use the CopperCONN outlets. Two Denali’s versus one Sigma is a pretty stiff difference in price.

For a little context, the Sigma S12 outperforms our prior reference Tritons v3 which retailed for $9k. So the S12 has the performance chops to go head to head with anything out there.
Caelin, thanks again for the input. I went ahead and ordered the Everest from Ivan, I plan on putting it behind my Middle Atlantic rack, my plan is to use a Sigma XC to the wall. This still leaves me with 4 outlets so my thinking would be to get a Denali v2 for the remaining equipment. Should I run the Denali v2 through the Everest or go to the wall outlet? On a side note what is the shipping time on getting the Everest. Thanks in advance for your assistance
Old 11-09-2020, 01:19 AM

The backlog is much better for power conditioners, so you should get it fairly rapidly.

So, you don’t say but I am going to assume that the “remaining” equipment are source components. If it is possible, I would put all the digital type components on the Denali.

And Alpha XC would be a good Denali to wall cable. Do not plug it into the Everest. Better to go to the wall outlet.
Old 11-09-2020, 10:28 PM

Quote:
The backlog is much better for power conditioners, so you should get it fairly rapidly.

So, you don’t say but I am going to assume that the “remaining” equipment are source components. If it is possible, I would put all the digital type components on the Denali.

And Alpha XC would be a good Denali to wall cable. Do not plug it into the Everest. Better to go to the wall outlet.
Caelin, thanks for the clarification for the Denali v2 setup. And yes as I forgot to mention it will be used for my projector, McIntosh sacd, Oppo 205, Panasonic UB 9000 4k player and Apple TV. The only one I wasn’t sure on was the projector, it does draw a lot of power. Would it be better on the Everest? Thanks again for your assistance on my system.
Old 11-10-2020, 12:19 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Caelin, thanks for the clarification for the Denali v2 setup. And yes as I forgot to mention it will be used for my projector, McIntosh sacd, Oppo 205, Panasonic UB 9000 4k player and Apple TV. The only one I wasn’t sure on was the projector, it does draw a lot of power. Would it be better on the Everest? Thanks again for your assistance on my system.
The Denali will be perfect for these.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 11-19-2020, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
I have that umbilical as well as the Ghent Audio JSSG360, both are very good.

Pin mapping for Legacy Wavelet DC input..

(Source Output) HDPlex LPSU Out: XLR3 3pin XLR FEMALE plug on cable, pin-2 is +VDC, pin-1 is GND, pin-3 is unused
(Destination Input): Legacy Audio Wavelet In: XLR5 5-pin XLR FEMALE plug on cable, pin-5 is +VDC, pin-3 is GND, other pins (1,2,4) are unused
So we have Pin-2 on XLR3 FEMALE at source going to Pin-5 on XLR5 FEMALE at destination for +VDC, Pin-1 on XLR3 source going to Pin-3 on XLR5 for GND.
SCAudiophile, I ended up receiving the umbilical dc cables from Ghent Audio for the HDPlex to the Wavelet. Would you suggest the Gotham or the Star copper to the HDPlex? Also should I use the Venom digital of the Alpha NR v1, going to the Everest, which should arrive in the next week. Thanks in advance your help.