AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 08-23-2014, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsalis View Post
Opinion based on what? Not reality for sure, since there is nothing tangible to support your “opinion”. So now, your “opinion” becomes a “belief”. Magico is not in that business, they just know how to build superior speakers, not a religious movement
Well I must say that You seems to be religious in Magicos supremacy. But don´t You think that the Wilson Audios section is the wrong church?
Old 08-23-2014, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsalis View Post
Opinion based on what? Not reality for sure, since there is nothing tangible to support your “opinion”. So now, your “opinion” becomes a “belief”. Magico is not in that business, they just know how to build superior speakers, not a religious movement
Sorry my friend but I think Charles used the proper terminology. An opinion is based upon matters commonly considered to be subjective, i.e., it is based on that which is less than absolutely certain, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts.

That seems closer to what Charles stated than a Belief which is usually defined as a psychological state in which an individual holds a proposition or premise to be true.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Sorry my friend but I think Charles used the proper terminology. An opinion is based upon matters commonly considered to be subjective, i.e., it is based on that which is less than absolutely certain, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts.
Fair enough, however, he is establishing his opinions based on wrong, so called objective, facts like: “Be tweeters lack the low frequency response”, or “I believe uses Be requires possible off axis positioning to tame the treble of the speaker”
Old 08-23-2014, 09:36 PM

This discussion is deteriorating fast...
Old 08-24-2014, 01:34 AM
Living La Vida Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1chen View Post
The magico Q series is too sensitive to the matching hardware and they demand some of the better gear include cables and even power source to sing. Yes, I understand not everyone have the luxury to own the source, amps n cable that cost higher than the speaker. So it voice down to pay for what you can afford and don't compare. But when you don't own it before, it is not fair to say don't sound good. After all most dealer can't afford to get the gears just to match with the magico. They are out for a living and they need gears that is universal to drive other brand speaker too.
I've heard this before, or similar, with the conclusion being: if the Magico speaker does not "sing" (going with your description) then it is not mated with the right amplifier (or some other piece of gear.)

In a dealer display, I listened to the Q5 and S5 with a particular brand of amplifier. Without saying what that was or what I heard, could you please identify 3 or 4 amplifiers the Magico community generally agrees are units that enable the speaker to sing? I'm curious if what I heard was on the list.

(My apologies as this is a Wilson thread - just taking the opportunity when I see it for my question. Thx.)
Old 08-24-2014, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tima View Post
I've heard this before, or similar, with the conclusion being: if the Magico speaker does not "sing" (going with your description) then it is not mated with the right amplifier (or some other piece of gear.) In a dealer display, I listened to the Q5 and S5 with a particular brand of amplifier. Without saying what that was or what I heard, could you please identify 3 or 4 amplifiers the Magico community generally agrees are units that enable the speaker to sing? I'm curious if what I heard was on the list. (My apologies as this is a Wilson thread - just taking the opportunity when I see it for my question. Thx.)
Suggest you start a new thread in magico.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:08 AM

I think it's amusing when magico fans infiltrate other brand forums to brag about how they are better. They opine that if magicos don't sound perfect to you, you must have the wrong amp powering them.

Excuse me, but doesn't that make them less desirable than a brand that sings with virtually any amp? Ahem, like Wilson?

Think about it. Then go brag on the magico forum
Old 08-25-2014, 05:13 AM

This Wilson/Magico debate will never end, but in the end who cares, we buy and listen to what we want. (at least I hope so anyway)
Old 08-25-2014, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
I think it's amusing when magico fans infiltrate other brand forums to brag about how they are better. They opine that if magicos don't sound perfect to you, you must have the wrong amp powering them.

Excuse me, but doesn't that make them less desirable than a brand that sings with virtually any amp? Ahem, like Wilson?

Think about it. Then go brag on the magico forum
I have own the wilson for both the Sasha and 2 pair Alexia FYI. It is no question that it is a easier speaker to drive with. But as the Magico is given an option to pair with a good amp, It blew off the Wilson and you can get a lot more out with the magico speaker over the wilson. But obviously if you can't afford an amp that cost more than the speaker.... I suggest the buyer play with the wilson.. it is great speaker, just that it is not the best...

this is not bias... this is fact my friend.

You are right that every one can own a Toyota and they are good car, but not every one can afford a Ferrari as they demand good tire, fuel and maintenance to perform at it is top condition. It is not a every man car, but if you desire to be the top notch, you have pay a price for it.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:45 AM

My friend, I think is more of your opinion rather than fact. At this level, it is more a personal preference and choice, IMO no component or system can "blow away" another in the same price range. Just like if I can recalled your Wilsons were driven by 300B tubes, nothing wrong with it because it's your preference but I would need at least a decent pre/power in order to realise the full potential of these Wilsons.

Your comparison using a S$100K Toyota with a S$1m Ferrari (I assumed you reside in Singapore) is a bit far fetched in this case.

Last edited by fgchong; 08-25-2014 at 08:50 AM.