Old 03-07-2022, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
Dón't yøù lôve åççęnts Būçk?!

2-Channel
McIntosh C2700, (2X)MC601, MEN220 Lampizator Baltic 3
Sonore opticalRendu, SGC sonicTransporter i5 (Gen 3), Roon Thorens TT TD318
B&W 803D3 JL Audio (2x)f110v2
Shunyata Denali/S v2, Alpha v2 PCs, WW Gold/Silver Eclipse Interconnects, Platinum USB

Whole House Music Listening
Bluesound Vault2i, PowerNode2, PulseMini2i, Pulse2, (3x)Flex
5.2 System Above using Passthru
Marantz SR7012
Oppo 205, Apple TV (4th gen), Sony XBR850e65
B&W HTM2 D3
Second 5.1 System Castoffs from Upgrades
LRC Paradigm Millenia 20, Velodyne MiniVee 10, KEF surrounds, DefTech AW6500
Old 03-08-2022, 12:29 AM

Kind of bummed about this. I was hoping to add the rumored new "small" amp to my new Tune Tots, trading up from my very nice B&W DB3D. But this is definitely not low key in terms of size--21" high, 22" deep. Mighty big compared to the TTs and other non Wilson subs. I don't think I can get the WAF, even with the beautiful Wilson finish...
Old 03-08-2022, 04:46 AM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMusic View Post
Kind of bummed about this. I was hoping to add the rumored new "small" amp to my new Tune Tots, trading up from my very nice B&W DB3D. But this is definitely not low key in terms of size--21" high, 22" deep. Mighty big compared to the TTs and other non Wilson subs. I don't think I can get the WAF, even with the beautiful Wilson finish...

Peter, a pair of KEF KC62s might surprise you.
Much smaller, ⅓ of the price for the pair.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 03-08-2022, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMusic View Post
Peter, I looked at the dimensions of the Magico ASUB. The weight is essentially identical. Each supplies 500 watts. The LoKe is slightly larger as one would expect from a ported design with a 10" opposed to a 12" woofer. Frequency range identical. Wilson says it was designed for the Tune Tot. Retail price 8.7K vs 7.8K. I suspect the LoKe can be viewed as a direct answer to the ASUB and is meant to augment the smaller Wilson speakers without having to go outside Wilson.

Best

Charles

p.s. It looks gorgeous to my eyes. Exudes of quality.

Last edited by Charles; 03-08-2022 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-08-2022, 09:01 PM

Thanks, bart & Charles,

Starting from the bottom--I agree it looks gorgeous and exudes quality. I have begun my WAF campaign (very slowly, haha) by mentioning that I thought Loke "might be too big", and I was pleasantly surprised that my wife still expressed openness. I think it's because she agrees on the looks. Will show pix to her tomorrow (baby steps, baby steps).

The DB3D is a very good sub, and my system sounds great today, so I do not have a burning need or general interest in a new sub. But the Wilson sound is just so addictive and their R&D so thorough, that I have a basic faith that switching to a TT-centric Wilson sub would have me melting in my chair.

A question on the specs for those with better technical knowledge--the Loke goes down to 20Hz, but my B&W goes down to 10Hz--should I care? I am not asserting that I think the B&W is better in general. I am also aware that I probably cannot hear 10Hz, but I'm pretty sure I can feel it.

Thanks
Old 03-09-2022, 02:16 AM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Peter, I looked at the dimensions of the Magico ASUB. The weight is essentially identical. Each supplies 500 watts. The LoKe is slightly larger as one would expect from a ported design with a 10" opposed to a 12" woofer. Frequency range identical. Wilson says it was designed for the Tune Tot. Retail price 8.7K vs 7.8K. I suspect the LoKe can be viewed as a direct answer to the ASUB and is meant to augment the smaller Wilson speakers without having to go outside Wilson.

Best

Charles

p.s. It looks gorgeous to my eyes. Exudes of quality.

Thank you for your kind comments about LōKē's aesthetics and build quality. Daryl worked very hard to make sure LōKē wasn't just another square black box.

As you surmised Charles, LōKē is aimed at Wilson loudspeaker owners. A smaller, powered Wilson sub has been Wilson speaker owners' most requested product for some time. The LōKē was completed over a year ago and we are finally releasing it. The launch was shelved in the hopes that Wilson would be able to first cut into the lengthening delivery times caused by record sales and product deliveries in 2020 and 2021.

A bit of clarification is in order. LōKē was not designed to match TuneTot exclusively but to create a more compact sub to extend our subwoofer design philosophy down to reach our smaller models. That means everything from Sasha DAW's and all of their similar sized predecessors right back to the original WATT/Puppy and down to the TuneTot. In fact, during development, I never heard a LōKē with a TuneTot. I only heard it with SabrinaX and Sasha DAW (where it now resides in Room 3).

Bill
Old 03-09-2022, 02:18 AM

This is cool, that now Wilson owners can match their DAW and under.
Old 03-09-2022, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphacts View Post
Thank you for your kind comments about LōKē's aesthetics and build quality. Daryl worked very hard to make sure LōKē wasn't just another square black box.

As you surmised Charles, LōKē is aimed at Wilson loudspeaker owners. A smaller, powered Wilson sub has been Wilson speaker owners' most requested product for some time. The LōKē was completed over a year ago and we are finally releasing it. The launch was shelved in the hopes that Wilson would be able to first cut into the lengthening delivery times caused by record sales and product deliveries in 2020 and 2021.

A bit of clarification is in order. LōKē was not designed to match TuneTot exclusively but to create a more compact sub to extend our subwoofer design philosophy down to reach our smaller models. That means everything from Sasha DAW's and all of their similar sized predecessors right back to the original WATT/Puppy and down to the TuneTot. In fact, during development, I never heard a LōKē with a TuneTot. I only heard it with SabrinaX and Sasha DAW (where it now resides in Room 3).

Bill
Bill, I'm a believer in matching Wilson speakers with Wilson subs. If I owned Magico speakers I would match them with Magico subs, etc. I believe the B&W sub and 10Hz is theoretical. I believe the quality of the sub, like its speed and ability to blend far more important than the absolute lowest usable frequency. I do recognize that many have achieved tremendous results with REL, JL, etc. and many top quality high end speakers including Wilsons.

But I'm sure Wilson has spent hundreds of hours carefully tuning Loke to Tune Tot, SabrinaX, Yvette, and Sasha DAW. This cannot be said for REL or JL. In addition Wilson has a long history of making great subs. This can be traced back to Dave Wilson who loved subwoofers

If you believe your advertising, Wilson devotes an entire page to the Tune Tot so if I owned a Tune Tot I would feel comfortable that LoKe would be totally compatible.

What is "North Star development parameters"?

Best

Charles
Old 03-09-2022, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Bill, I'm a believer in matching Wilson speakers with Wilson subs. If I owned Magico speakers I would match them with Magico subs, etc. I believe the B&W sub and 10Hz is theoretical. I believe the quality of the sub, like its speed and ability to blend far more important than the absolute lowest usable frequency. I do recognize that many have achieved tremendous results with REL, JL, etc. and many top quality high end speakers including Wilsons.

But I'm sure Wilson has spent hundreds of hours carefully tuning Loke to Tune Tot, SabrinaX, Yvette, and Sasha DAW. This cannot be said for REL or JL. In addition Wilson has a long history of making great subs. This can be traced back to Dave Wilson who loved subwoofers

If you believe your advertising, Wilson devotes an entire page to the Tune Tot so if I owned a Tune Tot I would feel comfortable that LoKe would be totally compatible.

What is "North Star development parameters"?

Best

Charles
Excellent post Charles. You pretty much nailed it.
McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Oasis 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest Columbia 72 DBS IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)
Old 03-09-2022, 02:20 PM

It looks nice.
My SabrinaX just recently got delivered and the bass is decent enough for me.
But moreeee quality down there will be appreciated.

I am debating if my next step should be adding a subwoofer or a standalone DAC (vs. McIntosh MA2 DAC).

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphacts View Post

Bill
Hi metaphacts,

Will the dealer setup and dial in the subwoofer to blend with our speakers?
Did you get a chance to listen and compare SabrinaX with 1 vs. 2 subwoofers, if so, may you offer your impression between the two?

Last edited by Blackfield; 03-09-2022 at 02:24 PM.