AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 02-18-2022, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfield View Post
Hi,

I was told by my dealer that my SabrinaX will be shipped tomorrow from Wilson Audio directly to my house.

I have several questions:
1. Looking at the weather forecast, the weather 10 days from now in TX may be in the high 50. When they deliver it, it is likely they only want to deliver it to my garage (it's not air conditioned).
In that case, would it be OK to leave them in the garage or should we figure out a way to move them to the house?

2. Do you know if WA dealers are required to follow WASP installation procedure to the T? While the WA dealers are supposed to be trained on this, I am not 100% certain if my dealer would follow this completely or deviate from it.

3. How long does it take for a dealer to setup and dial in your Sabrina/X? It can be a rough estimate, I understand this varies on the room, logistics, etc.

Yes, I am working with my dealer for the above but I would like to get inputs from the forum members.
I want to make sure that the dealer sets the speakers up as perfectly as they can be.
FWIW, I had to leave my Canton's in my non-climate controlled garage for 2 weeks before I could get to them. That was in December and it presented no problem. July or August, probably not a good idea.
McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Oasis 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest Columbia 72 DBS IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)
Old 03-01-2022, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
I'm no expert, but my thought is that they'll likely be in conditions at least that cold during shipping. Perhaps bring them in the day before installation to allow them to warm to your room temperature before setup begins. But if you're concerned maybe email WA directly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMusic View Post
Hi Black--coincidentally, I picked up a pair of TuneTots from my dealer in Mass last night (they're awesome!). They were stored in an unheated trailer, so I think you're fine. The install directions included a couple of notes about letting speakers come up to room temperature, but that just requires a bit of patience...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieFerric View Post
FWIW, I had to leave my Canton's in my non-climate controlled garage for 2 weeks before I could get to them. That was in December and it presented no problem. July or August, probably not a good idea.
Thank you.

I called the shipping company prior to the delivery, they said someone would contacted me, no one did. Then, they delivered it on Saturday at 09:13am on my driveway, un-announced. I only knew about it after my Nest notification prompted me and I noticed it about 45 mins after. They could have ringed our bell and dropped the crate at my garage.

It was 34 F and drizzle at 10am Saturday here in TX, the plastic covering the boxes were wet. Luckily, the boxes were not.
My wife and I then had to haul them into our house ourselves.

My dealer is great and he is unhappy as well. I reported the above to WA as well.

Anyway, all is well now, the dealer installed it and set it up, see here.
Old 12-07-2023, 12:05 PM

Hey all - new member, first post. I just received my Sabrina's and had them installed in my listening room. I had a couple of questions for the more experienced Sabrina owners..

1. What's been your experience as far as break in time (has there been noticeable improvements at different intervals of use)? how long before you felt they were fully broken in?

2. Whats the consensus on grille covers - on/off? (I realize this is a subjective question)

Appreciate any insights - thanks.
Old 12-07-2023, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfield View Post
Hi,

I was told by my dealer that my SabrinaX will be shipped tomorrow from Wilson Audio directly to my house.

I have several questions:
1. Looking at the weather forecast, the weather 10 days from now in TX may be in the high 50. When they deliver it, it is likely they only want to deliver it to my garage (it's not air conditioned).
In that case, would it be OK to leave them in the garage or should we figure out a way to move them to the house?

2. Do you know if WA dealers are required to follow WASP installation procedure to the T? While the WA dealers are supposed to be trained on this, I am not 100% certain if my dealer would follow this completely or deviate from it.

3. How long does it take for a dealer to setup and dial in your Sabrina/X? It can be a rough estimate, I understand this varies on the room, logistics, etc.

Yes, I am working with my dealer for the above but I would like to get inputs from the forum members.
I want to make sure that the dealer sets the speakers up as perfectly as they can be.
Blackfield, it is my understanding all WA dealers are trained in the WASP setup. My Sabrina X setup was a bit unconventional due to my wall location, equipment console, etc. and it took my dealer (who delivered) approx 3 hrs to unbox, add the acoustic diodes and position to his satisfaction. You can only trust the dealer to do the right thing.

Last edited by miner; 12-07-2023 at 07:06 PM.
Old 12-07-2023, 07:08 PM

I have had my Sabrina Xs a few months now - still breaking in since it is the alternative system. I have Galaxy Gray with slate gray covers. I opted for the acoustic diodes at recommendation of dealer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_5834.jpeg (2.51 MB, 26 views)

Last edited by miner; 12-07-2023 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-11-2023, 04:21 PM

Hello everyone. Took delivery of a pair of Black Obsidian original Sabrina a couple months ago. Been playing around with positioning and feel like they are getting close. Had Sonus Faber Olympica 3s before the Sabrina and in my opinion the Sabrina is an improvement. The cabinets are fantastic.
Old 12-17-2023, 05:02 PM

I’m at about 50 hrs of listening time and the Sabrina’s have already opened considerably. Yesterday I really began to notice the speakers disappear behind a well developed sound stage. Grills off is my preference.

I have it paired with the McIntosh ma12000 integrated, and I find this a great match. Loving them so far.
Old 12-19-2023, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper22 View Post
Hello everyone. Took delivery of a pair of Black Obsidian original Sabrina a couple months ago. Been playing around with positioning and feel like they are getting close. Had Sonus Faber Olympica 3s before the Sabrina and in my opinion the Sabrina is an improvement. The cabinets are fantastic.
Did you buy these new? I think the dealer is supposed to position them for you. As you've discovered, it's not so easy to get them to the perfect spot
Old 01-08-2024, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMusic View Post
Did you buy these new? I think the dealer is supposed to position them for you. As you've discovered, it's not so easy to get them to the perfect spot
Sorry for the late reply. I bought these used from a dealer in Florida. I'm in KY and the closest dealer is 3 1/2 hours in Nashville. Since my last post, I've tweaked them a little more by moving closer together and toe in. Moving in closer has helped. They are 7'4" apart tweeter to tweeter. I sit approximately 8-8.5' back. I'm using a REL S510 sub to help fill in the bottom end.
Old 01-08-2024, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper22 View Post
Sorry for the late reply. I bought these used from a dealer in Florida. I'm in KY and the closest dealer is 3 1/2 hours in Nashville. Since my last post, I've tweaked them a little more by moving closer together and toe in. Moving in closer has helped. They are 7'4" apart tweeter to tweeter. I sit approximately 8-8.5' back. I'm using a REL S510 sub to help fill in the bottom end.
That's tough on the location. Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but there is a painstaking Wilson process for speaker placement, I think you can Google it. It is quite involved, so you may lose patience. Definitely mark where your speakers are now before starting