AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Isolation, Tips & Tweaks

Isolation, Tips & Tweaks Enhance your enjoyment

Old 12-26-2017, 10:14 AM
Ultra-Fast 69

Thank you all!

Yes the link illustrates the simplicity of hookup - visual illustration is key!

Note on the component side you can plug the provided and/or optional grounding cables into any RCA, XLR, BNC, Banana, RJ45 that is not being used - just no plugs to speaker connections!

I just ran a grounding cable to the AV system, and a big wow there!

If you are still in question, please PM me, happy to help!
Old 12-26-2017, 10:25 PM

I am just wondering if I could avoid the cost of this solution by having my electrician install a ground rod? Wouldn’t that achieve the same result for much less cost? Note: I would be looking at the QKore 6, which isn’t cheap.
Bryston 28B Cubed Monoblock amps with Sound Anchor stands, Stillpoint Ultra SS, Bryston SP3 Processor, JL Audio CR-1 Sub Crossover, PS Audio P15 with Stillpoint Ultra SS, Bricasti M-21 Platinum DAC, PS Audio Perfectwave Transport, Aurender N10 music server/streamer with Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Nordstrom Heimdall 2 Ethernet cable and RevOpod footers, TAD CR-1(mains) with Stillpoint Ultra SS, Bryson 9B3 Surround Amplifier, Sonus Faber Cremona M (center), Diva Swans (surrounds), (2) JL Audio F113 subs with RevOpod footers and granite bases, Oppo 95, Wireworld Gold Eclipse speaker cables, Wireworld Platinum interconnects and Wireworld Silver and Platinum Electra 7 power cables, Furutech Flux 50 in-line power filters, (6) dedicated 20 amp circuits, Shunyata outlets, Nordost QRT QKORE3 and QKORE6 Grounding Units, ADD-Pwr Sorcer X4 and various GK Acoustics acoustic panels.
Old 12-26-2017, 10:38 PM
Ultra-Fast 69

It’s not at all the same solution.

The QKore 6 has ground attractor plates which draw noise and keep voltage generated magnetic fields to a minimum.

It also addresses grounding at the circuit level and ensures each component’s audio circuit has a clean ground & allows the components to perform at their peak.

I hear you about expense, but I know a guy that can help.
Old 12-26-2017, 11:15 PM

I wonder who that might happen to be?????
Bryston 28B Cubed Monoblock amps with Sound Anchor stands, Stillpoint Ultra SS, Bryston SP3 Processor, JL Audio CR-1 Sub Crossover, PS Audio P15 with Stillpoint Ultra SS, Bricasti M-21 Platinum DAC, PS Audio Perfectwave Transport, Aurender N10 music server/streamer with Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Nordstrom Heimdall 2 Ethernet cable and RevOpod footers, TAD CR-1(mains) with Stillpoint Ultra SS, Bryson 9B3 Surround Amplifier, Sonus Faber Cremona M (center), Diva Swans (surrounds), (2) JL Audio F113 subs with RevOpod footers and granite bases, Oppo 95, Wireworld Gold Eclipse speaker cables, Wireworld Platinum interconnects and Wireworld Silver and Platinum Electra 7 power cables, Furutech Flux 50 in-line power filters, (6) dedicated 20 amp circuits, Shunyata outlets, Nordost QRT QKORE3 and QKORE6 Grounding Units, ADD-Pwr Sorcer X4 and various GK Acoustics acoustic panels.
Old 12-27-2017, 04:18 AM

These days it has to be Santa Lu.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:50 AM

This product intrigues me.
TAD Reference One MK2 Loudspeakers, Esoteric Grandioso M1 Monoblock Amplifiers, Esoteric Grandioso C1 Linestage Preamplifier, SilenZio Music Server, Shunyata Everest 8000 x 3, Omega XC x 3, Omega QR x 2, Furutech GTX-D NCF(R) AC Receptacles
Old 01-05-2018, 09:14 PM

I heard a demo today at a local dealer here in Charlotte,
Liquid HiFi. Wow is all I can say. Without the Q Kore 6, the music is lifeless, the bass lacks punch and the soundstage is narrower. I would not have believed it if I hadn’t heard it. Highly recommended!
Old 01-05-2018, 09:53 PM
Ultra-Fast 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolcer View Post
I heard a demo today at a local dealer here in Charlotte,
Liquid HiFi. Wow is all I can say. Without the Q Kore 6, the music is lifeless, the bass lacks punch and the soundstage is narrower. I would not have believed it if I hadn’t heard it. Highly recommended!

Al, Ron is a cool guy and was just out here. Sorry you guys are having crazy cold weather as much of the east.

What’s very cool, is you don’t have to dive in head first, run your numbers, get what makes financial sense and enjoy, because it’s truly awesome, truly awesome!
Old 01-05-2018, 10:03 PM

Ed, Ron mentioned what a fun time he had with his family out there. Yes, he is a very cool guy and best yet, he is 10 minutes from my home! Damn you for filling my head with new ideas on how to spend more money on this blasted obsession. Jk
Old 07-05-2018, 07:59 AM

Thought this QKore review from TAS would be of interest on this thread.