AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Cables Galore

Cables Galore Speaker cables, Interconnects & Power cords

Old 03-07-2015, 12:38 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Nordost Odin speaker cables; simply unmatched resolution and [as far as I can tell] sonically invisible. If you don't hear startling transients from your Soulution 710, try different power cables as they can have an incredible impact on the sonic presentation.
anonymous.......Welcome to Audio Aficionado.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 03-07-2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
Cyrill Hammer the president of Solution recommends Vovox cables of Switzerland for Soulution gear. I heard them at this years CES on the 711 amp driving the Alexia's and was suitably impressed. They were also paired with the 701 mono blocks driving the Q7's. Alon has been using them over the last few months. Best of all, they are not outrageously priced. All they need now is an American distributor.
Also heard the Vovox/Soulution/Q7 combo at CES. Have now had a demo set of Vovox ICs and SCs in my system for about two weeks.

Very neutral and transparent. They basically disappear.

I'm going to hate to see them go.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Nordost Odin speaker cables; simply unmatched resolution and [as far as I can tell] sonically invisible. If you don't hear startling transients from your Soulution 710, try different power cables as they can have an incredible impact on the sonic presentation.
I have not tried the Odin stuff. It has gotten great reviews.

I have tried several different products on the power side of my amp and preamp. They didn't make any difference.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car commander View Post
I have not tried the Odin stuff. It has gotten great reviews.

I have tried several different products on the power side of my amp and preamp. They didn't make any difference.
The Nordost Odin speaker cables are incredible. How good? Last time I heard such a massive jump in sound quality it was when I first heard Futterman OTLs hooked up to Quads. Better yet, they cost quite a bit more than my speakers; they're that good. To be fair, I haven't heard the startling transients w/o Odins and the "right" power cords, so you might need both (and maybe the speed of electrostatics too). I have gone to RMAF a couple times and CES and the Soulution setups were all very nice, but not like this (ignoring the hotel room issues). Well worth a listen.

Last edited by anonymous; 03-08-2015 at 12:19 AM.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarin View Post
Also heard the Vovox/Soulution/Q7 combo at CES. Have now had a demo set of Vovox ICs and SCs in my system for about two weeks.

Very neutral and transparent. They basically disappear.

I'm going to hate to see them go.
Why are you letting them go?

I tried some elation speaker cables. The emphasized the base and treble. The Tara's seemed much more neutral. Who knows?

Last edited by Car commander; 03-07-2015 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car commander View Post
Why are you letting them go? I tried some elation speaker cables. The emphasized the base and treble. The Tara's seemed much more neutral. Who knows?
Have to return them next week because they are demo set on temporary loan. Fully intend to acquire a new set, however.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:43 AM

Default Wires

Tara 0.8 ICs and speaker cables; Tara The One power cables. Perhaps there are better out there, but it's just too expensive to keep experimenting with wires. No doubt in my mind that they have all made a big difference, including the power cables (and the Running Springs power conditioners). My only complaint is that the IEC connectors don't grip the prongs on the equipment tightly enough, and they tend to sag.......a bit more of a problem because the Tara power cables are not very flexible.

BAT VK51SE/Manley Snappers/BAT P10SE Superpak/Accuphase DP700/VPI Super Scoutmaster w/3D arm/Benz Micro LP-S/Focal Alto Utopias/Running Springs Duke & Jaco/Tara Labs 0.8 cables/Tara The One Power Cords/Zoethecus racks (sadly no longer available)
Old 03-08-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skreich View Post
Tara 0.8 ICs and speaker cables; Tara The One power cables. Perhaps there are better out there, but it's just too expensive to keep experimenting with wires. No doubt in my mind that they have all made a big difference, including the power cables (and the Running Springs power conditioners). My only complaint is that the IEC connectors don't grip the prongs on the equipment tightly enough, and they tend to sag.......a bit more of a problem because the Tara power cables are not very flexible.
I have tried .8 Tara cables. The KS elation were much better. You are right though it's expensive to buy them. Sometimes a dealer will let you demo them or sometimes I buy them used and resell them if I don't like them. It's still expensive.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarin View Post
Have to return them next week because they are demo set on temporary loan. Fully intend to acquire a new set, however.
Hi

How did the Vovox IC compare with your Galileo LE IC? I am curious because I consider the Vovox textura fortis IC myself.

Greetings

Tommy
Old 05-05-2015, 02:27 AM

Jim,
Are you able and willing to build cables of your own?
Wil